Druid leveling guide for MOP

(Sticky)

85 Night Elf Druid
bump and sticky request.

Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Druids, just a public service announcement thing - if you bump posts with "bump" or repeats or quotes, you can be reported as spamming/trolling and get banned. Bumping is against the forum rules, and if you constantly bump, you run the risk of getting yourself banned, and getting the whole thread deleted.

If you want to bump a post, you need to post something legitimate. Use your post to ask a question, leave a comment, or give a compliment. Don't make it an obvious bump.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
CFT
Druids, just a public service announcement thing - if you bump posts with "bump" or repeats or quotes, you can be reported as spamming/trolling and get banned. Bumping is against the forum rules, and if you constantly bump, you run the risk of getting yourself banned, and getting the whole thread deleted.

If you want to bump a post, you need to post something legitimate. Use your post to ask a question, leave a comment, or give a compliment. Don't make it an obvious bump.

Now again with voice recording......annnnnnnnnd go!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
:P

Just don't want to see any unfortunate suspensions.

(again)
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
:P

Just don't want to see any unfortunate suspensions.

(again)

I like the Worgen starting zone. I can't wait to start a Worgen Druid SOON!
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
So, apparently, low-level tanking needs some lovin. Hang in there little bear cub tanks!
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
So, I won't need to update this too much for level 85, since most of my specs already go to 85. I'll add in talents for ones that don't.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
go go leveling troll druids!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
How hard is it to think of random things to say that aren't "bump"? :P
Reply Quote
80 Tauren Druid
How hard is it to think of random things to say that aren't "bump"? :P

You could always post more waffle recipes, Reesi...

Oh wait... >_<
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
=) ^ = lol!
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
So, there's a new druid description page for beginners.
It's not super helpful , but you can see it here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/druid
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Updated balance spec, so that all 4 talent specs will carry you all the way to 85
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
(Item not found)

So, I can't link spells with the new wowhead thingy. Bummer, that would have been a super nice feature. *runs off to the suggestions forum*
Edited by Lissanna on 12/4/2010 4:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
Nicely done. Leveling a feral druid is so amazingly easy now, barely have time to follow the guide. My troll druid hit 70 this morning, total /played time on him was 3 days, 19 hours, all by questing, except for 3 UK runs at 68. That included lots of time wandering around looking at the new world, leveling 2 professions and all three secondaries and lots of time spent doing Orgrimmar dailies. Looks like I might just be able to hit 80 by Tuesday - 2 weeks real time to level 1-80. Great guide!
Edited by Aparo on 12/4/2010 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm glad I could be helpful, and I'm glad that cat leveling is so much fun right now. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Thanks so much for doing this, Lissanna! Could someone possibly add the recommended glyphs for Resto Druid? I apologize in advance if I missed them, but they don't seem to be here.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
A slight correction, in your Balance section you state spirit increases regen. It actually does not anymore.

I would also argue against Moonglow and Gale Winds for leveling. Moonglow doesn't give significant regen at lower levels when mana costs per spell are rather low, and buffing Typhoon/Hurricane damage is mostly pointless. Genesis is a MUCH better talent than both no matter how you dice it, and Dreamstate is very good after 83 or so.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2010 10:56 PMPosted by Faveokatro
A slight correction, in your Balance section you state spirit increases regen. It actually does not anymore.

Spirit should still increase out-of-combat regen for balance druids since that's the base function of the stat. It just doesn't increase in-combat regen. Though its use for balance is obviously as hit rating (with the side benefit of out of combat regen)
Edited by Keiyra on 12/6/2010 6:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
When I talk about spirit, I say it provides regen out of combat (which it does).

In addition, mana management at low & mid levels is still important, because it reduces downtime. It may not be as big of a deal for the first handful of levels, or if you have heirloom items, but across time it saves you in the long run.

Genesis really doesn't do something useful for low-levels because you should blow through mobs fast enough that you shouldn't need an increased duration/effect on your DOTs. I get a lot of reports of some people not using DOTs at all as they level up (or at least not treating them as important). The value of genesis is tied to whether or not you rely on DOTs, which I don't at the lowest levels. I think genesis is actually what the guide has people go & pick up in the 80 to 85 grind where it would be more useful.

You are welcome to deviate from my leveling specs and level up however you think best fits your style.
Edited by Lissanna on 12/6/2010 6:44 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]