Resto 85 PvE healing guide (v. 4.1)

90 Night Elf Druid
Great guide...now back to the front for you!

Tree's need their sticky love too!
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
trees are sticky 'cause they have sap.
85 Tauren Druid
Maple sap.

For the waffles.

ETA: Yeah, I feel pretty clever.
Edited by Keeva on 12/2/2010 6:16 PM PST
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Maple sap.

For the waffles.

I'm running low on clever things to say. :)
85 Tauren Druid
Liked!

Read your guide back when I rolled this toon as a 'project'. Now he's been my main for a year and a half. Thanks for the work you put in to this guide.

Druid <3

90 Night Elf Druid
Great Guide! Thank you. I sent the link to a friend who has not looked at his druid since the changes. He is now considering playing him again after reading the guide. It was very helpful for me since I am new to being a resto druid. Thanks again.
85 Troll Druid
Maple sap.

For the waffles.

I'm running low on clever things to say. :)

The other guides are sticky now, so you know, soon.
85 Worgen Druid
IF this does make it to sticky - Please keep this active as skills and changes roll-out with Cataclysm. I am tired of hunting the ends of the earth for details on this subject.

I would also like to see it get a bit more specific. Meaning, bonus intellect with various spec builds and how they plug in with tier gear. Further, reforging ideas and pushing each bit of throughput we can on our toons. There are "healing 101" guides everywhere, but a specialized "central repository" that is organic enough to adopt change as the game changes, is elusive.

Keep up the good work. . .
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
Guides require re-writing every time something changes. I have plans for more updates for this guide for a December 7th release for level 85 healing. I need to wait until early next week, however, so I don't confuse people with too much info too early.

I'll also have to do more revisions once everyone starts raiding with their guilds at 85 and our healing styles evolve.

Trying to write a guide that predicts what people will do in the future is actually really hard to do. So, we all just do the best we can and then update, update, update!
Edited by Lissanna on 12/3/2010 11:08 AM PST
85 Night Elf Druid
Yes, but your guides are awesome Lissanna!!!!

As a side note, or rather perhaps as a testimate to how awesome your guides are, even though this guide is for PvE healing, I have found it to be IMMENSELY helpful in BG PvP as well.
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
I actually did some PvP in beta just to see how our spells worked out in there.

Large-scale PvP and PvE healing didn't feel that much different (I didn't try arena tho).
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
My level 85 healing guide is ready now on my blog!
http://www.restokin.com/resto-druid-healing-guide/

I'll update the forum version to my level 85 version some time between now Monday, to be prepared for Cataclysm on Tuesday. I just want to get a little bit of feedback (for errors & typos) before I add them here.
85 Troll Druid
hooray, I'm rather curious to see about reforging come 85.
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
12/04/2010 6:22 PMPosted by Serath
hooray, I'm rather curious to see about reforging come 85.

The reforging advice doesn't really change much from 80 to 85, since the stat priority stays about the same as it was (with spirit becoming a little more useful as a secondary stat since we'll need as much Int & Spirit as we can get).
85 Troll Druid
Why is this still not stickied?
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2010 7:34 AMPosted by Wildpaw
Why is this still not stickied?

Not sure. they're being slow about it, lol
90 Worgen Druid

Malfurion's Gift (2/3/36) http://wowtal.com/#k=Rq6zX1O.a8t.druid.
Malfurion's gift, 3rd point in nature's bounty, & Blessing of the grove

This is exactly how I plan to spec for 85.
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
12/05/2010 6:47 PMPosted by Stratis
Malfurion's Gift (2/3/36) http://wowtal.com/#k=Rq6zX1O.a8t.druid.
Malfurion's gift, 3rd point in nature's bounty, & Blessing of the grove

This is exactly how I plan to spec for 85.

I don't really like malfurion's gift. I'll probably actually get Moonglow from balance when I first hit 85. But, my job is to predict what other people will want, lol.
Edited by Lissanna on 12/5/2010 7:23 PM PST
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Druid
1 more day until Cataclysm!
90 Night Elf Druid
Is haste always going to be our most preferred stat? I didn't get to play in the beta so I'm just wondering if there really is a clear ranking of haste, crit, and mastery. I will be mostly raid healing, and I know you made mention of mastery being important for tank heals, but how critical is high mastery for raid heals? Do you guys foresee a lot of reforging to have all 3 stats or are we going to stack one and if others are present on a piece of gear it'll just be a bonus?

Kinda silly this isn't sticky.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]