So with the new patch, i could use some help

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Im a holy paladin and with the recent changes i was wondering what exactly i should be gemming for now that there isnt divine int anymore. Not only that but what stats are prioritized with the introduction of mastery and the now usage of spirit.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
bumb
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Try to get around 38k mana unbuffed. 1k Haste. From there gem spirit > mastery > crit.

Check for yourself if you're either:

-Casting too slow
-Running out of mana too fast
-Not getting enough throughput (this would be really wierd).

This is for ICC tho. Once cata ships, get all the plate gear you can, and pretty much follow the model blizzard has made, make gems match. All the rest is up to your playstyle.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I heavily prefer spirit because the WotLK environment is still heavy overheal, and your more efficient spells do not scale as effectively with spellpower as they used to.

If your regen is fine, you should reforge into mastery or haste (I prefer mastery) with spare crit or spirit on gear.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Shaman
bumb

rofl @ bumping a post that hasn't left the first page... cuz there's only 1 page!

as for the topic, gem anything that makes you more capable of spamming flash of light and divine light as much as possible.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
Gem +int primarily, there is no reason to use anything BUT plate with the new armor specialization.

You get so much out of Intellect now. Spell power, crit, maximum mana, regen (thru % of mana based stuff like DP and replenish) etc. etc.

Basically, for now, get spirit until your regen can handle constant casting of holy light and holy shock without dropping below 90%, with no external regen bonuses, then go for Intellect.

Haste and mastery are the other two stats you should consider once you get a good feel for how the class is working now.

Disclaimer:
My armory is not currently following this advice.
Also, this advice is basic gearing for someone getting used to everything, not the "ideal raid" weighted stat points and all that.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
What stat would you suggest reforging into spirit? My regain could be better.
Reply Quote
80 Dwarf Paladin
If you want to reforge a stat, dropping crit would probably be best.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So should i reforge crit into mastery for everything?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]