Recent Combat changes in beta build

85 Gnome Rogue
12090

You must not use a glyphed Sinister Strike or Plan to spec Ruthlessness.

The RNG won't provide such an easy to plan out combo point generation and expenditure.


You must not be very good at reading comprehension. GoSS is 20% proc rate. On average, 1 in every 5 SS's will give an extra CP, or, put another way, buy 5, get 1 free. Yes, sometimes you'll see streaky behavior that will accelerate the rotation, but I was demonstrating an average case - and I did in fact account for it - note how I say 4 (or 5) sinister strikes used before each finisher?

Yeah, sometimes Ruthlessness will proc or GoSS will chain proc and it'll only be 2. GOD FORBID you need to think and make decisions.
Reply Quote
70 Orc Rogue
1590

You must not use a glyphed Sinister Strike or Plan to spec Ruthlessness.

The RNG won't provide such an easy to plan out combo point generation and expenditure.


You must not be very good at reading comprehension. GoSS is 20% proc rate. On average, 1 in every 5 SS's will give an extra CP, or, put another way, buy 5, get 1 free. Yes, sometimes you'll see streaky behavior that will accelerate the rotation, but I was demonstrating an average case - and I did in fact account for it - note how I say 4 (or 5) sinister strikes used before each finisher?

Yeah, sometimes Ruthlessness will proc or GoSS will chain proc and it'll only be 2. GOD FORBID you need to think and make decisions.


You tied the amount of combo points generated into a timeline of when the different stages of BanditsGuile were active...trying to show how smoothly everything works out. This is not the case at all.

The RNG of the Sinister Strike Glyph coupled with having the Ruthlessness talent or not having it and again affected by the RNG of Combat Potency / Main Gauche tranlates into your hypothetical example being nothing more than a perfect case fluke that isn't a likely outcome nor could it be repeated with any regularity.

The micro management required to get the most out of this talent is absurd when compared to the requirements of other classes in the game even on tank and spank fights. Fights that require movement (not just target switching) can cause the loss of any stage of the buff if you are off target for 16sec+ . Redirect will not change that.

While you can continue to believe that this talent will seperate skilled and non-skilled players by producing better numbers on the meter, what, in reality, it does is provide a distinction in players performance due to random number generation, buffs outside the player's control (such as heroism), fight mechanics that involve movement at an inoppertune time in the BG buff cycle...in otherwords...luck.

Luck is not skill.
Reply Quote
really combat dps is pretty close to mutilate from what I've played on the beta. At this point I would say rogues in general need a buff though.
Reply Quote
60 Undead Warrior
0
The real downside to BG comes from any target switch, or the loss of synergy with fight mechanics/Bloodlust. My solution would be to move the insight buff to the rogue, and decrease the number of "charges" to go up each ramp, with the deep insight being a bit longer.
Honestly, I just can't stand a mechanic that I can "control" but not in a meaningful way, which is so importantly tied to my damage output.

Insight moves with Redirect now. That solves 90% of the problem. The remaining 10% is mostly irrelevant trash fights and FoK fests anyway.

Where are you getting these imaginary numbers from? 90%? 10%? A 1 minute cooldown doesn't really "fix" a bad talent, it just makes it slightly less bad.

Also you mention "irrelevant" fights. I don't consider any fights to be "irrelevant" and personally always try to do my full potential. I guess that's just me.
Edited by Granseal on 11/6/2010 1:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
8395
I'm sure the changes will be an increase, but I doubt it's going to be enough to make Combat competitive again. They should probably just make Bandit's Guild 15/30/45%. 45% increase would certainly make it worth the effort to line up cooldowns for nearly double damage. Regardless, Sinister Strike and finisher damage need to be brought up to par if the spec is to catch back up damage wise.
The redirect change is a welcome one, and will really help on some add phases.
Still not sold on Main Gauche. They'll have to buff it to rediculous numbers to make it desireable, which you shouldnt have to do for a mastery if it's working properly in the first place.
They should probably rework the Sinister Strike glyph too, since in it's current form it is working against you half the time with it's wasted procs for Revealing Strike.
Edited by Chult on 11/6/2010 4:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Rogue
1600
The real downside to BG comes from any target switch, or the loss of synergy with fight mechanics/Bloodlust. My solution would be to move the insight buff to the rogue, and decrease the number of "charges" to go up each ramp, with the deep insight being a bit longer.
Honestly, I just can't stand a mechanic that I can "control" but not in a meaningful way, which is so importantly tied to my damage output.

Insight moves with Redirect now. That solves 90% of the problem. The remaining 10% is mostly irrelevant trash fights and FoK fests anyway.

Where are you getting these imaginary numbers from? 90%? 10%? A 1 minute cooldown doesn't really "fix" a bad talent, it just makes it slightly less bad.

Also you mention "irrelevant" fights. I don't consider any fights to be "irrelevant" and personally always try to do my full potential. I guess that's just me.


(y) Elachilles likes this post.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
0
I think that combat will be fine.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
13495
Not sure if troll, or legitimately 3 years late replying to this thread.
Edited by Razorfiend on 6/6/2013 2:25 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10830
In fairness, it's more like 2.6 years.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
0
Sorry, I was using Internet Explorer :/
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
10465
I love unintentional necro posts. So awesome.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
10830
I've never seen someone blame Microsoft for one before. :)
Reply Quote
56 Draenei Warrior
1585
You are totally going in the wrong direction. You are already taking an already confusing and messed up class to a more complicated place. Not to mention the problem with having to managed cooldowns while I am furiously tapping buttons on my key board until it breaks and my fingers bleed.

You need to simplify just a little.
To buff damage, why not just buff the poison for Combat rogues to do a little more damage?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]