Cataclysm Holy Basics Guide (4.3)

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Priest
08/16/2011 10:11 PMPosted by Tuladan
I stole your macro, although mine used to say "Click the Lightwell, or die. Not my choice"

I use "Click the Bucket or Kick the Bucket!!!"
Edited by Hershe on 8/17/2011 12:29 AM PDT
70 Blood Elf Priest
I love you thank you so much
90 Pandaren Priest
thank you for this amazing guide!!! This is my first healer(she was shadow when cata came out). Being able to read this guide and understand what each spell does means i dont have to worry as much about doing it wrong.

p.s. my addon for lightwell whispers people saying "thanks for licking the lightwell, it tastes good doesnt it?"
90 Night Elf Priest
You're my hero.

<3
90 Night Elf Priest
Very Amazing guide from a very amazing healer, i have seen alot of the tankspot videos, love the voice.

i was just wondering for firelands 10 man reg, with ilevel of 360 about how much spirit should a holy priest have, i alway find myself going oom alot. i have unbuffed 2498 spirit, should i be stacking more spirit, just trying to pin point my oom issue.
any help or info by anyone will be much appricated.
tyvm
85 Troll Priest
it is a farily good guide, but i see at least 4 out of date things used in ur guide, a few examples

"Surge of Light now gives you a 6% chance to trigger an instant, free Flash Heal when you use Smite or Heal."

"Inner Fire will be your most-used buff of choice. It greatly increases your armor value but most importantly increases your spell power by 532. This effect lasts for 30 minutes or until cancelled. "

inner will- "a regular basis for regular raiding are Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending, so Inner Fire will be the better choice in most cases." also your holy word:serenity

""especially since Chakra will be permanent soon." its permanant now

otherwise awesome
Edited by Jezzabenja on 10/3/2011 2:47 PM PDT
87 Blood Elf Priest
I don't like your specs.
85 Blood Elf Priest
10/03/2011 08:41 PMPosted by Erotas
I don't like your specs.

what constructive feedback.

care to elaborate on what exactly you don't like about them?
90 Troll Druid
it is a farily good guide, but i see at least 4 out of date things used in ur guide, a few examples

"Surge of Light now gives you a 6% chance to trigger an instant, free Flash Heal when you use Smite or Heal."

"Inner Fire will be your most-used buff of choice. It greatly increases your armor value but most importantly increases your spell power by 532. This effect lasts for 30 minutes or until cancelled. "

inner will- "a regular basis for regular raiding are Circle of Healing and Prayer of Mending, so Inner Fire will be the better choice in most cases." also your holy word:serenity

""especially since Chakra will be permanent soon." its permanant now

otherwise awesome

Yes, please update!
90 Blood Elf Priest
TY! On it!
85 Blood Elf Priest
Aliena - I've been disc on this toon and have not really messed around with holy at all...I have just changed my off spec to holy from shadow, since some fights do favor holy over disc and I'd like to be a bit more of a versatile healing toon.

As I'm learning/understanding how Chakra works, I'm getting a little frustrated trying to figure out the best way to keybind/mouse bind. I have an 8 button mouse, and I'm wondering how to go about keybinding and setting up my bars for holy, since there's a lot of corresponding spells for chakras.

Any input/ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!
85 Human Priest
Aliena - I've been disc on this toon and have not really messed around with holy at all...I have just changed my off spec to holy from shadow, since some fights do favor holy over disc and I'd like to be a bit more of a versatile healing toon.

As I'm learning/understanding how Chakra works, I'm getting a little frustrated trying to figure out the best way to keybind/mouse bind. I have an 8 button mouse, and I'm wondering how to go about keybinding and setting up my bars for holy, since there's a lot of corresponding spells for chakras.

In healbot and clique you bind it all as the base line Holy Word: Chastise and it will auto convert to suit the correct chakra state. Middle button for me is Holy Word: X. If I am in Serenity it is HW: Serenity. If I am in Sanctuary it becomes HW: Sanc. Easy peasy. Good luck and happy holying.
85 Blood Elf Priest
You said the blessed resilience was a pure pvp talent but I dont think thats true at all.

I decided to go ahead and use it during my raid (10m) and I found it alot easier to keep myself alive rather than wasting cast times on myself due to aoe damage like on Ragnaros. I dont really lifegrip or bubble anyone as holy mainly due to it costing a gcd and quite a bit of mana for slight boost in run speed. I understand that it was helpful back in T11 content when learning fights but Firelands is pretty much faceroll mode and Deathwing looks like the furthest running is strafing to the left/right around platforms. And since they want Life grip to have us face the target it makes it more of a pain to use it in situations where we all stack and someone is a bit behind, not my fault they died because there is a thing called raid awareness and by god if guild who have normal mode on farm and dont have a lick of raid awareness then they need to stop raidind if we're having to move them ourselves.

This is only my opinion though but it works well in 5mans and 10mans. 25mans take body and soul for sure over blessed resilience!
85 Night Elf Priest
It's probably a good idea to link all of the items (glyphs/enchants) that you can.

Here are the ones I saw in a quick glance through:

Glyph of Prayer of Healing
Glyph of Guardian Spirit
Glyph of Lightwell
Glyph of Renew
Glyph of Flash Heal

Glyph of Prayer of Mending
Glyph of Circle of Healing
Glyph of Mass Dispel
Glyph of Psychic Scream
Glyph of Dispel Magic
Glyph of Prayer of Mending
Glyph of Holy Nova

Glyph of Levitate
Glyph of Fortitude
Glyph of Shadowfiend

Arcanum of Hyjal
Greater Inscription of Charged Lodestone
Lesser Inscription of Charged Lodestone
Enchant Chest - Peerless Stats
Enchant Chest - Exceptional Spirit
Enchant Bracer - Mighty Intellect
Enchant Weapon - Heartsong
Enchant Weapon - Power Torrent
Enchant Gloves - Haste
Enchant Gloves - Mastery
Powerful Ghostly Spellthread
Enchant Boots - Lavawalker
Enchant Boots - Mastery
Enchant Boots - Haste

Brilliant Inferno Ruby
Reckless Ember Topaz
Artful Ember Topaz
Ember Shadowspirit Diamond
Revitalizing Shadowspirit Diamond

You also missed Enchant Off-Hand - Superior Intellect

Also:

Twin Disciplines should be considered mandatory. Mental Agility, Darkness and Veiled Shadows are where the final choice lies.

Haste v Mastery should be a choice about maximizing potential. I feel like you're emphasizing preference far more than what's actually better to use.

I would never suggest Revitalizing Shadowspirit Diamond. I consider it greatly inferior. If a Holy Priest has mana issues and has properly used Purified Demonseye and has MA and VS, they should be examining their healing and Shadowfiend/HoH use.

You're also missing what I consider crucial: an actual breakdown of healing in common scenarios.
85 Dwarf Priest
I'm not sure if the spell has changed, or maybe its a gear level thing, but I was surprised at the short shrift given to Holy Word: Serenity.

The guide describes it as a "rather small" heal and gives the impression that its something you might use once in a while if you really have no other options.

Now I'm only a new 85 with the gear to prove it, but for me Serenity does 50% more healing than Heal, while costing a little less mana, and being instant cast. In other words, it offers twice the mana efficiency, 250% of the healing per second, and can be cast while moving. Not to mention the +25% crit it gives for follow up heals.

I find myself using it very frequently, unless the whole group is taking damage or the tank is really getting hammered. Am I doing something wrong?
90 Tauren Shaman
11/05/2010 01:57 AMPosted by Aliena
ert
86 Night Elf Priest

In healbot and clique you bind it all as the base line Holy Word: Chastise and it will auto convert to suit the correct chakra state. Middle button for me is Holy Word: X. If I am in Serenity it is HW: Serenity. If I am in Sanctuary it becomes HW: Sanc. Easy peasy. Good luck and happy holying.

I dont understand this. There is a preset in Healbot that will auto-configure your buttons for holy or?
Aliena, thanks for the thread .
Waaagh outdated thread.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]