Cataclysm Holy Basics Guide (4.3)

(Locked)

85 Goblin Mage
Ive been a Mage for 5 years. DPS'd alot of end game content in TBC/Wrath (Not on this toon Obviously)Got burnt out/Took a break. Ive decided to reroll as a Holy Priest and will Re-Read/Reference this thread for a while.

Thanks for taking the time to do all this, I look forward to Dropping the DPS roll and picking up the healing one.
Edited by Goblon on 1/25/2012 9:29 AM PST
85 Worgen Priest
Is this guide still well up to date? I am looking to drop my Shadow and go Holy. I love healing and really like the Holy way about it. Just wanted to make sure before I took pointers for it that the tips and information are up to date for 4.3 as well.
85 Troll Priest
Everything is here is pretty much up to date. There were a few changes in 4.3 though - notably the altering of Divine Hymn to a 3 min raid CD for Holy Priests (via 2/2 Heavenly Voice), the CD reduction of HW: Serenity (and subsequent fix so now it properly functions), and the ability of HW: Sanctuary to benefit from mana reduction costs like Inner Will (making it a useful spell in 10 man raiding).

If you are still looking for more pointers I would suggest checking out these guides as they are up to date:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3229375010
http://www.howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=103
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/943690-Priest-Holy-Raiding-Guide-(4.3)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en-us/forum/topic/3595673916
Edited by Ashleycakez on 1/29/2012 9:02 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
I'll update it within the next few days, but what Ashley said is up to date as of now!
85 Troll Priest
Glad to see you back ^.^
85 Night Elf Priest
How do you feel about a Holy spec with AA in it?
85 Undead Priest
Aliena is back?!?! YES!
90 Blood Elf Priest
Everything is here is pretty much up to date. There were a few changes in 4.3 though - notably the altering of Divine Hymn to a 3 min raid CD for Holy Priests (via 2/2 Heavenly Voice), the CD reduction of HW: Serenity (and subsequent fix so now it properly functions), and the ability of HW: Sanctuary to benefit from mana reduction costs like Inner Will (making it a useful spell in 10 man raiding).

I think I got all that updated. If anything else is incorrect, please let me know! I try to scan for errors but I'm not perfect, so things may slip through.
90 Blood Elf Priest
03/19/2012 09:14 AMPosted by Bëmuse
How do you feel about a Holy spec with AA in it?

I think MoP will see quite a bit of use with that, but as of right now, the only use I see is to provide additional DPS to beat enrage timers in progression. Certain fights with a lot of downtime will allow you to stack up Evangelism to make good use of the healing increase, but the trade-off of giving up other valuable talents and missing out on healing to consistently stack up Evangelism doesn't currently make it worthwhile to me.

That said, if you wanna have fun at the end of an expansion, knock yourself out! If you time your stacks/AA right on fights like Yor'sahj, it can definitely be a healing increase.
Thank you! This is so helpful. Priests are the healing class I haven't been able to get a handle on and this guide is super useful, especially since you're keeping it up to date. A lot of stuff I've found is from 4.0 or 4.1 and I know stuff has changed since then. Your descriptions of the spells and talents are great, now I feel better about giving it another go!
90 Human Priest
Thank you! Help me a lot.
80 Human Priest
Aliena,
Thank you for your hard work! I've been afraid to heal for quite some time, as I seemed to so bad with it in the beginning. I had a heck of a time with what to use, rotations, and just getting my group through the instance.
This is a godsend. I so liked your commentary on the various spells, and which ones were important, and how to use them. I finally ventured out at level 78 to try healing again. And your guide helped me so much in gaining the confidence to do so. I felt alive casting those heals and protecting my tank.
I love healing as a holy priest, and I have you to thank for it. I even went a checked out your youtube guide, and that helped me in seeing those spells cast, and what to look for. Thanks again, so very much!
85 Night Elf Priest
Im not 85 yet but my OS is holy for dungeons, etc.. and HOLY IS THE business. lol. I barely go below 90% most of the time, granted im in BoA, and its low lvl, but basically all I need to do is cast renew and heal the tank... the auto re-renew is awesome if its a direct cast.. One I hit 85 Im going to come back here for gemming/enchant/more info.. but thanks!
85 Blood Elf Priest
I have used this guide throughout most of Cataclysm and it has helped me so much and quite frankly I wouldn't be raiding without it. It occurred to me today that I have never posted on it so I just thought I would stop by and say thanks :)
85 Undead Priest
As a person who has never played a healer,this page has really helped me understand everything I need to know to become a good priest. I have never really wanted to play a healer because of all this !@#$ they get from everyone. I have never personally attacked a healer for us wiping,but after reading up on them(and playing) I have a much greater respect/understanding for them. It makes me rethink on how I play some of my DPS toons.

Thanks for all the helpful tips,it will help me greatly at 85.
87 Human Priest
I find priests make the best DPS anywhere.

just make sure you know how long your fights will be. 1-2 minutes, stack +critical and +intellect like mad, anything longer...spirit/intellect combination I find works for me, you still get your criticals occasionally (1-3 casts).

The longer your fight, The lower your boom.
a quick fight? open up all the hatches and fire your guns...to heck with mana consumption, I says...make sure you got just enough for a quick deadly blast of the light, and pray for criticals.

anyhow, IMHO, we're the deadliest DPS's, and scariest of the classes regarding utility.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]