Light of Dawn

85 Human Paladin
So, we were told we might see such a thing, and here it is, Light of Dawn as the holy power based smart heal mechanic!

I love the idea. I'm not blessed with beta access, but even without it, I am so stoked!

But big question is this- I got wind of this through MMO Champion, and Boubouille is awesome, I just- his recent little flub with the scaling makes me all the sudden nervous to accept this as gospel.

Has this gone through?

What do ya'll think?

I believe this is going to be really awesome- so much so, I think it will take balancing to not be OP. But I don't mind that, I'm just still basking in the glow of these recent changes. Ever since raid testing began, I've been getting more and more comfortable with the new way things work- both on my own, and in the synergies I have with other healers.

I can't freaking wait to raid something other than ICC. :D
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Ruby Sanctum
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Our healing meters won't be topped off with just 2 spells with the recent changes to Light of Dawn and Holy Radiance. Wich is good for all of us that like to play smart.

Also it will take us to a situation where we can actually be raid healers if we choose to.

Overall it's a positive change. =)
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I love this change to LoD, but as Fordrus stated it will have to be tested to see its true balance. My only question is why would you use WoG now? Should they now raise WoG heal range to a DL heal to make the choice more desirable in a tank heavy encounter?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
Just to reiterate myself from the old forums, it's quite an amazing change. Holy Radiance no longer needs to be overpowered for us to raid heal effectively. We can raid heal more than once every 30 seconds, and we're more in-line with other healers with our blanket AoE versus low cooldown multi-target healing (once HR is brought down to earth, of course).
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Pallies seem to be in a good spot atm. I like their new balance between spells.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
We can raid heal more than once every 30 seconds, and we're more in-line with other healers with our blanket AoE versus low cooldown multi-target healing (once HR is brought down to earth, of course).

It has been brought down to earth with the target cap and diminishing returns on both the number of targets affected AND the Healing radius.

They just need to reduce the cooldown on HR now. Being that the healing almost identical between Holy Radiance, Sanctuary, Healing Rain, and Efflorescene - is there any justifiable reason why Holy Radiance has such a massive CD?
Redtext: Am I the only one loving the fact that we can now play dress-up with our forum avatars? :D
Edited by Lebeau on 11/5/2010 6:15 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin
It has been brought down to earth with the target cap and diminishing returns on both the number of targets affected AND the Healing radius.

Well, I think that blanket AoE heals in general need to be brought down, not so much brought down relative to Efflorescence.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
this will make Light Of Dawn a More strong Mechanic, and making us use the Holy power. Remember, they haven't nerf the amount of healing. in fact, the Healing is much stronger than before, but heals up to 5 players, which is alright. Specially that it will have No Cooldown, that will really Make it into a "Smart" Heal kinda.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
At first I did not like the sound of the change, but after thinking on it for a while I'm sure it will be a great improvement. I enjoy the ability to choose WoG or LoD for the HoPow dump, and will also enjoy spamming the spell for fun. The graphic for it is amazing!
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I love this change to LoD, but as Fordrus stated it will have to be tested to see its true balance. My only question is why would you use WoG now? Should they now raise WoG heal range to a DL heal to make the choice more desirable in a tank heavy encounter?

WoG is going to be buffed 30% just like all single target heals :P
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

Well, I think that blanket AoE heals in general need to be brought down, not so much brought down relative to Efflorescence.

My HR while hitting about 20ish player targets was healing for 400ish a tick against targets creeping awfully close to 100k hp in blues. With ghouls, guardians, !@#$%^& snake traps, demons, and hunter pets also added to the mix in your standard 25m, I can see the healing taking a further nosedive.

Who knew that the 20 yard radius that two weeks ago we saw as a massive blessing would in fact becomes a curse under the new system?
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Paladin

My HR while hitting about 20ish player targets was healing for 400ish a tick against targets creeping awfully close to 100k hp in blues. With ghouls, guardians, !@#$%^& snake traps, demons, and hunter pets also added to the mix in your standard 25m, I can see the healing taking a further nosedive.

Who knew that the 20 yard radius that two weeks ago we saw as a massive blessing would in fact becomes a curse under the new system?

It's still a massive amount of hps/efficiency compared to single target heals and low cooldown multi-target heals, which is more where the problem stems from.

5% or so of a player's hp in a 25-man may not seem like much, but when 5-6 healers are all putting out that much fairly regularly in the first tier of raiding gear, it seems like Cata raids would feel more like WotLK again in the raid healing department.

That one Premo thread in the beta dungeon forum sums up my concerns with blanket AoE heals pretty nicely.
Reply Quote
91 Human Paladin
im interested in the Glyph of the Long Word. Cant wait for it >.<
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
It's a good change and, like I said on the old forums, it may actually get me to level this paladin instead of just focus on my priest. I know if paladins stay 'op', I won't have a choice (thanks guild) but at least I won't want to shoot myself in the face while I'm playing my paladin anymore! :D
Reply Quote
80 Human Paladin
It's a good change and, like I said on the old forums, it may actually get me to level this paladin instead of just focus on my priest. I know if paladins stay 'op', I won't have a choice (thanks guild) but at least I won't want to shoot myself in the face while I'm playing my paladin anymore! :D

Ditto. Healing hasn't been fun since the first raiding days. Being tied down to reactively healing just one target (beacon wasn't a very reactive method, neither is PotI) is what keeps holy paladin far less interesting than other healing classes. With LoD being tied to holy power, we have something to actively use to heal multiple people via directional healing, with out the act of balancing healing done vs cooldown, rather than selecting some one on a grid.
Edited by Stuw on 11/5/2010 11:43 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
The main problem with LoD from a 10 man perspective is getting enough people in the cones range. While I like the spell, on a fight like heroic Halfus 10 - it can be extremely problematic to use effectively. I found myself going back to WoG often for 2 reasons: Eternal Glory proccing makes WoG insane and the cone being less effective when everyones spread out.

On other fights, it will be quite a bit more effective. However, it well never be as fluid to use as a CoH/WG really because those heals have no directional feature. I don't mind that, though.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
Healing hasn't been fun since the first raiding days.

Paladins were cleanse bots back in Vanilla, not so much fun then either!
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I'm going to go with Elo with this one once again. If we're raid healing we can use ToR/HS to gain HP and us LoD/HR for raid healing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]