Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
You have some good information in here for brand new shamans. However, you haste info is based on lich king values and not the current cata numbers.
-The soft haste cap for resto is not ~916 not anywhere close to that number. It is 5488 for a 1.5 sec cast such as Healing Surge to be at the 1.0 sec GCD. If you want to know how much haste you need for a given spell the formula is.
New Cast Time = Base Cast Time / ((( 1 + (Haste Rating / 12805 )) * 1.05)
So plug 1.0 for the new time and 1.5 for the base and your haste rating to even it is 5487.85
Edited by Arrmora on 1/12/2011 11:51 PM PST
Heartsong is currently the best enchant for a resto shaman.
Hurricane is currently the best enchant for a elemental shaman.
If you want to use just one and back and forth I might lean more towards Hurricane since 450 haste for 12 secs is great for killing other players and well as when it procs you can heal much faster as well.
So there's no point in gemming crit then? 4 Smooth Amberjewel = 2 Delicate Inferno Ruby and 4 Brilliant Inferno Ruby grant more crit than 4 Smooth Amberjewel
Edited by Joulakil on 1/17/2011 4:36 PM PST
What seems to be a good crit amount for resto shamans beginning progression raids? My guild did BWD tonight, first 2 bosses, and while it was doable, I was hurting hard for mana. I know I can use more int/spirit, but I have no idea how much crit I should be shooting for.
Actually, that number wasn't updated from level 80. The correct value is 649 int = 1% spell crit. I updated the FAQ. Thanks for catching this!
At this point, 15% to 20% sound most reasonable (with Acuity), 2000 spirit with great timing if you drop mana tide during spirit trinkets help a ton!
First 2 BWD's bosses are indeed gonna drain your mana. Telluric Current is a great talent for first 3 bosses in BWD (Magmaw, Omnitron, and Maloriak) because there's time where the boss take tons of damage which means more mana back if you spamming LB.
I disagree with the EJ resto thread on gearing priorities. I believe they undervalue mastery in 4.0.3 and it'll be even better when buffed in 4.0.6. Check the FAQ's explanation of resto mastery to understand my reasoning.
If you're interested in the math behind my stance on resto mastery, it's at this link.
If you think I'm wrong, please provide the theorycraft to justify that standpoint and I will change the FAQ.
Also I don't think anyone puts crit ahead of haste, but that's another conversation entirely.
I am kind of new to the shaman class so this may be a dumb question, but if you have the Glyph of Lightning Shield, do you need to fill the Static Shock talent point? I mean with the glyph, you can't drop below three charges, so the talent seems kind of pointless.
- Removed 4.0.3 FT/FT w/ spellpower mainhand note for enhancement
- Changed WF weapon references from 2 to 3 attacks
- Removed reference to attack speed vs. haste for windfury totem. These are real haste effects that give energy/focus/rune regen.
- Updated Deep Healing (resto mastery) section to reflect that each point of mastery is 3% healing now
- Also updated with new cutoff points for mastery rating vs. haste and crit rating. For the math see this post and replace 2.5 with 3.
- Removed mana tide and tremor totems from "Which Totems aren't raid-wide?" section
- Removed references to drums of battle from bloodlust section. TBC items that don't work on characters > lvl 79.
- Removed links to totemspot enhance and resto guides as they are two patches out of date now. (Edit: Enhance is updated, re-added it.)
- I need confirmation on new coefficients for chain heal, greater healing wave, and earthquake (now that EQ has one). Can anyone provide these?
- Updated EJ and totemspot links for 4.0.6
Edited by Slant on 2/8/2011 8:51 PM PST
Excellent post. I have a couple of questions and you seem to be the one who could answer them.
1st. I like using Searing totem , even if I have to recast it to make it work. However I have gotten into some sticky situations while raiding as it has a mind of its own. That said When its not out I see a significant drop in dps. So I assume that Flametongue is the substitute ?
2nd. Alot of sites EJ included say Crit/crit meta is a must . Yet its the last thing that is important to us. I chose Ember Shadow spirit so I up my int and run speed. Thought it would come in handy with all the moving. I considered the Mastery meta. Im question is and for everyone what are peoples thoughts on the meta For elemental shaman.
Thankyou for a terrific post
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.