Ret Paladins! Post your Season 9 3v3 comps

85 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't seen many threads like this on any of the forums I troll so I decided to make it myself. Two potential comps I'm looking at for S9 at 85 include:
Druid/Ret/Warrior (always been good)
Ret/Druid/DK (DKs are looking semi interesting and MS was nerfed)

Due to my options for pvp being lackluster due to a terrible server my choices when it comes to decent pvp parters are limited.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I might try Disc Priest / Frost Death Knight / Retribution Paladin

Doubt it will fair to well, but I like playing arena with friends :P Even if we do lose lol it is more fun than a scripted event lol
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
I am not entirely sure on how Warriors will fare in Arenas at this moment. Their overall damage/burst seems fairly underwhelming.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
I am not entirely sure on how Warriors will fare in Arenas at this moment. Their overall damage/burst seems fairly underwhelming.

Word from the beta is that fury wars are uber atm.

Of course it's impossible to know how things will be balanced in a month from now.
Reply Quote
I'm thinking Disc/Arms/Ret, or swap the Disc for Resto Druid. Those are comps I'm familiar with.

Part of me wants to try something completely different.

Has anyone given thought to a "Holy Cleave" in 2's? Holy Priest/Ret? Holy's are lookin' mighty good on both the heal and offensive output section.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm thinking Disc/Arms/Ret, or swap the Disc for Resto Druid. Those are comps I'm familiar with.

Part of me wants to try something completely different.

Has anyone given thought to a "Holy Cleave" in 2's? Holy Priest/Ret? Holy's are lookin' mighty good on both the heal and offensive output section.

Idk, word on the street is that Disc Priests are less powerful than druids atm.
Reply Quote
Warriors damage is being brought down.

Anyone who was complaining about it hasn't been around very long.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
i would almost say if one can pull @@## off that 3 rets popping wings at the start would own but wings can be dispelled- no bueno

ive always done 2s with a disc priest what i've learned is that their absorbs make up for a lot of their "healing" so i wouldn't count them out of a comp just yet

but for 3's ret/arms/disc is what i'm more familiar with but i also as the op says, would love to try different comps.

i belive ret did really well with a sub or assassin rogue not sure wich one but a good 3's comp could be ret/disc/rogue
Reply Quote
82 Blood Elf Paladin
i would almost say if one can pull @@## off that 3 rets popping wings at the start would own but wings can be dispelled- no bueno

ive always done 2s with a disc priest what i've learned is that their absorbs make up for a lot of their "healing" so i wouldn't count them out of a comp just yet

but for 3's ret/arms/disc is what i'm more familiar with but i also as the op says, would love to try different comps.

i belive ret did really well with a sub or assassin rogue not sure wich one but a good 3's comp could be ret/disc/rogue

disc absorbs instead of healing. its part of their mechanics
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

I want to see that soooo bad. Would be awesome to see in BGs with 15/25 Rets all popping wings and throwing magic hammers. All with a macro "Nailed you!"
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
Well... one thing is for sure I will play the crap out of rated BGs.

uh warriors are actually really powerful atm...plus the knockdown thats overpowered.
they might get nerfed, way to strong atm.

Datass....i want. lol

And this... um... I blocked out Throwdown and how much I hate it. Players should not have a knockdown effect D:
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Probably some sort of melee cleave, haven't decided yet.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Paladin
I haven't seen many threads like this on any of the forums I troll so I decided to make it myself. Two potential comps I'm looking at for S9 at 85 include:
Druid/Ret/Warrior (always been good)
Ret/Druid/DK (DKs are looking semi interesting and MS was nerfed)
Due to my options for pvp being lackluster due to a terrible server my choices when it comes to decent pvp parters are limited.

Was stuck there once myself not in much better shape now but I think Ret needs a lot more work before I can properly pick what comp I can run with. I do see with MS being nerfed and not as much of a requirement for competitive Arena/BG that it should expand our team options.
Edited by Requital on 11/5/2010 8:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
80 Draenei Paladin
IMO Just get a shockadin to do 3s with!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]