Mogu Runes of Fate

90 Human Monk
For Siege of Orgrimmar, will MRoF be used as that tiers bonus roll? I haven't read anything in the patch notes about there being a new currency. I just now thought about and realized this.

If MRoF are going to be the bonus roll currency for SoO, I won't be spending anymore of them before patch hits. Please advise.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Warforged Seals.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
There is a new bonus roll currency (Warforged Seal) for Siege of Orgrimmar. You'll be able to get them the same way you get Mogu Runes currently, through the weekly quest at your faction's shrine.

Mogu Runes of Fate will continue to work solely in Throne of Thunder, and will be available through various means on the Timeless Isle.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Could you please link the source, I don't see it in the official patch notes and I remember the change from Elder Charms to Mogu Runes of Fate being specifically called out in the notes going from 5.1 to 5.2.

I think it's just oversight that it hasn't been put in the notes, but thinking about it just now gave me a serious "OH SNAP" moment.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
There is a new bonus roll currency (Warforged Seal) for Siege of Orgrimmar. You'll be able to get them the same way you get Mogu Runes currently, through the weekly quest at your faction's shrine.

Mogu Runes of Fate will continue to work solely in Throne of Thunder, and will be available through various means on the Timeless Isle.

Phew, thank you very much.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter

Is there anyway to get more than 3 a week?

could get a lucky mogu coin from the treasure dungeon
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Lore - Could there perhaps be any possible currency conversion for Elder Charms? I currently have 50-60 stored on each character in those Fortuitous Coffers, which take up valuable bag space.

If we could convert 10 Elder Charms for say 1 Mogu Charm, could solve this issue for those players who have progressed past 5.0 bonus loot rolls.

Thanks
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Mage

Why do we need three separate currencies for bonus rolls?

Why can't we just have Elder Charms for old content since they're so ridiculously easy to get and a currency for current content that's gated behind the once a week quest?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
This is kinda of ironic being in a Guild called Warforged
Reply Quote
23 Troll Druid
Instead of having a new currency for every new tier like the badge system in WotLK, why not use the valor justice system? Where you would have a current bonus roll currency and an old bonus roll currency.
Reply Quote

Can you elaborate on the various means, the only means I saw was getting for 2500 timeless coins which seems well..

exceedingly excessive.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Can you elaborate on the various means, the only means I saw was getting for 2500 timeless coins which seems well..

exceedingly excessive.

You can also find them around the island (in chests, on mobs, etc).
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
2500 coins doesn't take a great deal of time to farm up either.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
So now we need to keep track of three separate bonus coin systems?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
Any consideration to my question Lore? Or should I start destroying my extra Elder Charms now?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
The 2500 coins are earned from what, dailies? Tell me it's not Golden Lotus bad to collect 2500.
Edited by Dliver on 8/20/2013 2:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
God forbid they want you to spend some *GASP* time on it, instead of them being handed to you like Elder Charms currently are.

-

Lore, I'm curious, are you guys keeping it under Lesser Charms or moving it to the Timeless Coin stuff?
Edited by Naumu on 8/20/2013 2:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Worgen Mage
So now we need to keep track of three separate bonus coin systems?

Yeah, that honestly feels pointless, especially considerin the 3 different ways you have to get them. SoO comes from lesser charms to greater charm weekly quest. Mogu Runes are only from Timeless Isle grindin or findin them in chests. Elder Charms only come from Isle of Thunder key runs.

On top of that, none of that is explained to anyone. I had someone ask me the other day how people were gettin Elder Charms for HoF and ToES because nowhere in game is it explained that you're supposed to go to the Isle of Thunder and do key runs to do them. I expect there will be much confusion about Mogu Runes as well if there continues to be no indication outside of stumblin upon them that you're meant to go to the Timeless Isle.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
The 2500 coins are earned from what, dailies? Tell me it's not Golden Lotus bad to collect 2500.

normals, rares, chests. pretty much everything gives coins on the ptr.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Lore - Could there perhaps be any possible currency conversion for Elder Charms? I currently have 50-60 stored on each character in those Fortuitous Coffers, which take up valuable bag space.

If we could convert 10 Elder Charms for say 1 Mogu Charm, could solve this issue for those players who have progressed past 5.0 bonus loot rolls.

Thanks

We're not planning any extra conversions for Elder Charms at the moment, but I can bring up your suggestion.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]