Uplift?

So I have a 90 monk, I don't know a thing about it I just made it since I had some time of recruit a friend left. Haven't done much real raiding as MW, but I noticed while raiding on my hunter that the monk in my group doesn't use uplift. Like at all. I think the overall count was 38 times for a 4 hour raid. She's kind of higher up in the guild than me and I'm kinda new to it so I don't want to call anyone out without knowing for sure if what they're doing is wrong. I checked some of the basic go-to resources for raiding and it seems that the spell is kinda OP as it is, but I wanted some experienced opinions so that I don't look like an ignoramus when I do eventually point it out.

So tl;dr version: Uplift very good and high priority, yes or no?
Edited by Ratlordbijou on 8/22/2013 8:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
If your ReMs are spread out enough and Raid damage is increasing/your raid just took a big hit, then you should be shooting off as many as needed to get people back up to a good place. 38 times in 4 hours is definitely too few. I could see that for a single fight if they're being pretty conservative or not a lot of raid damage happens, but they should be using it much more than that if they're healing up the raid.

So if they're raid healing, yes, it's a huge priority, it's where most of their burst healing should come from. Now, if they're solely tank healing, then it's a bit more understandable, though I don't know why your raid would do that unless they have several other AoE healers in the group, being Monks are particularly well-suited for AoE damage.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Monk
Yes Uplift is one of the strongest raid heals in the game. No LoS needed and the range it can hit people at makes it nearly one of the best spread raid healing abilities in the game. It is a staple in raiding if you are healing as a Mistweaver. For my 3 hour raid last night I used it about 430 times, a little low by my count but then again we took a long break too
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Yes, if mistweaving, RM and Uplift should give the highest HPS.
No, if full-time fistweaving which no RM and Uplift at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Uplift is also one of, if not the only, decent chi dumps. I had been finding myself with way too much chi than was needed, and in the words of our raiding MW monk 'Uplift like a mofo'. Used chi converts to mana tea, which converts to mana.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Monk
Uplift is also one of, if not the only, decent chi dumps. I had been finding myself with way too much chi than was needed, and in the words of our raiding MW monk 'Uplift like a mofo'. Used chi converts to mana tea, which converts to mana.

This. Sometimes even if there isn't much raid damage going out I'll use uplift as a single target heal, just because it drops chi if I'm at max chi.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
08/22/2013 09:17 AMPosted by Ipwnwitfeet

This. Sometimes even if there isn't much raid damage going out I'll use uplift as a single target heal, just because it drops chi if I'm at max chi.

You are 10x better off using ENV for a single target heal rather than uplift.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk

You are 10x better off using ENV for a single target heal rather than uplift.

You could also make a pretty good argument for BoK /TP>uplift for single target. Uplift really doesn't individually heal for all that much, the reason it is borderline OP is it heals that not so huge amount on up to 18 people at the same time without any diminishing returns.

30k on a single target isn't anything to write home about but 30k on 18 is a bit of a different story...
Edited by Linnelle on 8/22/2013 12:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You ideally want about 7-8 ReM's rolling at once using your Thunder Focus Tea. You want to use Uplift on CD not only to top people off and for incoming damage but also to build Mana Tea. Its one of your top Mana Tea contributors.

Soothing Mist, Chi Wave, etc. are all just filler heals between keeping up ReMs and Uplifting.
Reply Quote
15 Gnome Monk
Time to change raid groups. Simple as that.

That monk is playing the spec completely wrong. 38 uplifts should be happening every 1-2 MINUTES. (assuming you're talking about uplifted targets. 1 cast will hit 7-8 people at once)

You mentioned this person is higher up in rank. I can't stand these type of people. They don't learn their class and they just bring everyone down and you can't replace them. They don't feel the need to research because nobody will tell them what to do since their higher up.

If what you say is true, and that is a legit 38 uplifts in a real 4 hour active raid log then the entire class needs to be relearned because i can't imagine what type of buttons are being pressed instead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]