Next Expansion Speculation

90 Human Death Knight
While we have some time to go, I would like to hear everyone's ideas on the next expansion. There are plenty of ideas that go with this, and subscriptions always spike with interesting expansions. There are many storylines with huge gaps that need closing, so my question is to you, what do you think the next expansion would be or what you'd like it to be?

While I know it's been hinted at that it'll be BC2, but personally I would like to see an expansion centered on the Infinite Dragonflight and their reasoning. Perhaps we could see the future that they're protecting us from. We really don't know much about them and they have the capability of being a huge, huge factor in lore.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The return of the Burning Legion could be spread across two expansions. The first involving Wrathion once more, the rebuilding of Orgrimmar, and perhaps the sudden return and invasion by Azshara and the Naga, perhaps to prepare Azeroth for the demonic invasion. Or maybe just Y'shaarj. Y'shaarj everywhere.

Which could lead straight into the next, all out invasion and green fire everywhere.

I'll be happy with whatever we get.

Or maybe the first tier could involve the Alliance and Horde going back into all out war with each other, and then... Naga everywhere! I dunno. Actually, having a bunch of content centered on the war might be cool, with different raid bosses for each faction (Kinda like the faction champions from ToC10/25).
Edited by Drazinga on 8/22/2013 3:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
08/22/2013 03:35 AMPosted by Drazinga
t centered on the war

This expansion was supposed to be centered on the war.

they didn't do a really good job
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/22/2013 03:54 AMPosted by Alasdair
t centered on the war

This expansion was supposed to be centered on the war.

they didn't do a really good job

Idk.... Alliance actually attacking the horde's home Capital at the end of expac sounds like war to me, WHATEVER the reason.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I am going with an island expansion. We may finally get to see Kul'Tiras, and we all know that we love to slaughter Trolls so maybe we'll even see Zandalar! That's what I thank, and what I hope it is but we won't know anything until Blizzcon.
Reply Quote
69 Night Elf Hunter
I'd like to see more of the Naga, though I'm not sure if they should be a focus on a major expansion pack.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
The Dark Below. Seeing as its practically been confirmed to not be the new D3 expansion, this is probably the only hint we have at exploring Ny'alotha, confronting N'zoth, Azshara and her naga lackeys. First patch of the expansion will more than likely start with exploring the areas around Vashjir, eventually leading the two factions to stumble upon the city of Ny'alotha. After that, there will probably be some dumb troll patch, followed by another patch where we confront Azshara. Once we defeat Azshara, we more than likely find out that N'zoth, the Old Nose God, has been calling the shots and leading the Naga. We fight through plenty of Forgotten Ones and other Old God minions to finally wind up at N'zoths doorstep. Then we kill him.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
The Dark Below. Seeing as its practically been confirmed to not be the new D3 expansion, this is probably the only hint we have at exploring Ny'alotha, confronting N'zoth, Azshara and her naga lackeys. First patch of the expansion will more than likely start with exploring the areas around Vashjir, eventually leading the two factions to stumble upon the city of Ny'alotha. After that, there will probably be some dumb troll patch, followed by another patch where we confront Azshara. Once we defeat Azshara, we more than likely find out that N'zoth, the Old Nose God, has been calling the shots and leading the Naga. We fight through plenty of Forgotten Ones and other Old God minions to finally wind up at N'zoths doorstep. Then we kill him.

And then after slaying the Old God, it's revealed that he was sitting on top of some ancient Titan device or portal. It opens when N'zoth dies, unleashing the demons! Then Wrathion runs in laughing and pointing. "I told you so."
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
08/22/2013 05:49 AMPosted by Drazinga

And then after slaying the Old God, it's revealed that he was sitting on top of some ancient Titan device or portal. It opens when N'zoth dies, unleashing the demons! Then Wrathion runs in laughing and pointing. "I told you so."

EXACTLY.
Reply Quote
08/22/2013 06:13 AMPosted by Gulrag

EXACTLY.

If the demons then eat Wrathion, I'm sold.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
PLEASE NO VASH'JR

NO
Reply Quote
I liked Vashj'ir.
Reply Quote
I'm still really hoping it is the Dark Below and has it's own version of the Underdark.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Anyone put thought into a possible new race or class? I was talking with someone last night and (half joking) we came up with Naga with Night Elf legs (a boot on a tail would look silly), and Demon Hunters, though most likely called something else. However, seeing as the Naga want all land walkers dead, and Demon Hunters are shunned by near all society, it's really unlikely. It was just funny to think about.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
A neat idea one of my buddies came up with when we were shooting the bull about this the other night is that 'The Dark Below' wouldn't necessarily apply only to underwater. For example, it could also be Azjol-Nerub (since we only saw the barest fraction of it), or exploring what it was beneath Tirisfal Glades that drove the original high elves bonkers. Essentially anything that has to do or may have to do with the remaining Old Gods and their servants.
Reply Quote
08/22/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Wetherford
'The Dark Below' wouldn't necessarily apply only to underwater. For example, it could also be Azjol-Nerub (since we only saw the barest fraction of it), or exploring what it was beneath Tirisfal Glades that drove the original high elves bonkers.

That's what I'm talking about. Give me a vast underground infrastructure to explore!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd love to know what's below Tirisfal Glades that's so evil.

Besides the Undercity, that is.
Reply Quote
08/22/2013 10:28 AMPosted by Avictaria
Anyone put thought into a possible new race or class?

Oddly enough I have yet to see much discussion on these matters. I believe in one interview Blizzard reps discussed that they had flirted with the idea of creating a mostly supportive class that was not focused on any of the traditional DPS, Healer, Tank roles but rather supplied numerous short term & long term buffs and debuffs with some variation into the traditional roles.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

We have a winner.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

Besides the Undercity, that is.

Lich King 2.0
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]