5.4 and valor

100 Troll Priest
I read on MMO-Champion that there will NOT be a new valor quartermaster in the upcoming patch. Am I correct in assuming that this means there will be no new gear to purchase with valor? If the answer is yes, what will valor be used for? Using valor at the gear upgrader on gear from the new raid will not burn through valor fast enough.

I have already bought all that I can using valor (I am max rep with everything in MoP). Nothing new to purchase makes me wonder if I will bother doing any non-timeless dailys, scenarios or dungeons. It doesnt seem like much effort was put into keeping the carrot out of reach for very long on this next patch.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Yes there will be other things you can spend valor on besides just straight upgrades. No I don't feel like explaining it for the 10th time.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Priest
Yes there will be other things you can spend valor on besides just straight upgrades. No I don't feel like explaining it for the 10th time.

First I've heard of this. There's no new VP gear in 5.4, so what else is valor used for?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
08/22/2013 08:33 AMPosted by Tristarae

First I've heard of this. There's no new VP gear in 5.4, so what else is valor used for?

Same here, I've never heard of these items either. If you don't want to explain it, perhaps link us a source? We're capable of reading on our own. :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin

I love the "yes but I won tell you" response. I see kids doing that a lot.

I haven't read anything other then upgrades for valor in 5.4.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

I did see one response yesterday that suggested that timeless coins could be purchased with valor but I haven't seen that officially (admittedly I haven't looked that hard).

Patch 5.0 and 5.1 gear only cost justice now, and 5.2 gear had its valor cost reduced, but the currency itself won't be needed for anything new, save an easy way to get timeless coins (which will be rather useful if the Timeless Isle hits live as is)
Edited by Sharmarli on 8/22/2013 8:46 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
If you favor Gold, I assume you will be able to buy haunting spirts with Valor much like you can buy bloodspirts with valor now.

I have heared nothing on this but I assume in 5.4 Valor for haunting and Justice for Blood.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Fine since people are so horrified of the search button. You can use your valor to buy a large number of the currency from the Timeless isle which you can use to buy an item that will upgrade the 496 gear drops to 535.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
With this NPC you can purchase a Pouch of Timeless Coins for 500 Valor
http://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=73305#comments

Pouch of Timeless Coins
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=104014
Looks like you have to be Honored with Shaohao to purchase. PTR Mistake? So you can't spend any Valor until you hit Honored???

With 50,000 Timeless coins you can purchase (from the same vendor) a Burden of Eternity
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=103982#comments

With a Burden of Eternity you can upgrade the 496 random drops to 536.

Did I get all that right?

I can't find how many Timeless Coins you get from a Pouch of Timeless Coins which costs 500 Valor.

It looks like the pouch is not working on the PTR.

Does anyone know? I'd like to calculate how much Valor it costs to get a 536 piece of gear.

The Pouch better have 10,000-20,000 Timeless coins or Valor wont be worth diddly squat in 5.4 except at the upgrade vendor.
Edited by Kezmaefele on 8/22/2013 9:17 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
upgrade you're new LFR, normal, and heroic gear as you get it.

Also you can buy coins on the isle.
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
Valor is used at the Upgrade vendor to improve your gear. There is no 535 vendor in 5.4.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
You will spend valor on the 522 pieces that you might need to fill in your spots with. You may also, I believe, convert Valor to Conquest to purchase PvP gear if you don't need to upgrade the gear you are getting or already have all the gear you have upgraded and have not started in on SoO.

On the Timeless Isle you can get 496s that convert to 535s which you can upgrade as well so there will be plenty of gear to upgrade I can assure you of that. There is no need for new valor gear with 5.4 because of the Timeless Isle, Flex, LFR and Normal/Heroic SoO.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I've heard and seen so much conflicting information so I dont know.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

You can buy a Pouch of Timeless Coins.

You need 50K Timeless Coins to get a 536 upgrade.

A Pouch costs 500 valor. (Must be Honored with Shahao...why? I don't know.)

I can't find out how many coins a Pouch give you, but it better be 20K coins or it will be a waste of valor.
Edited by Kezmaefele on 8/22/2013 9:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
08/22/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Kezmaefele

I can't find out how many coins a Pouch give you, but it better be 20K coins or it will be a waste of valor.

Not like there is anything else to get with valor other than upgrading gear lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So, im feeling like a noob here agan. Ok, say I use all my VP and get my gear maxed, then you say I can trade my VP to get "Timeless Coins" and use them to get a legendary item? How does that work exactly? Can i get a little bit of a step by step for clarity? So much to do in MoP I cant keep it all sorted. lol
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
where did you get getting a legendary item out of anything that's been said lol
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Not like there is anything else to get with valor other than upgrading gear lol

lol so you don't know either lol?
Edited by Kezmaefele on 8/22/2013 9:55 AM PDT
Reply Quote
87 Tauren Druid
It works like this:

The Timeless Isle has tons of mobs and chests. These chests drop tokens that turn into 496 gear.

You will rarely come across a Burden of Eternity that can turn a token into a 535 piece of gear instead.

Valor is used on the Timeless Isle to buy Pouches that contain Coins. No one really knows how many coins come in a pouch, as far as I know. You can buy a Burden of Eternity for 50k Coins.

So, in essence, your goal on the Timeless Isle is to find chests, do puzzles and kill Elites for Timeless Coins that you use to buy Burdens of Eternity that turn those armor tokens into 535 gear. Think 'Isle of Giants' only coins instead of bones, and instead of 3 weeks of grinding for a mount, you're grinding for gear instead.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]