Healers

1 Human Priest
..why do you tell me I'm out of range, rather than moving in range to heal?

I don't know your range.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Are you talking about those annoying addons that whisper you when you're out of range of a heal? Because those are awful and should go away.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Cause sometime I'm in the middle of a cast and moving would cause other people to die. So you losing some DPS is better then losing someone. Now that's not always the case. Sometimes I am able. So I move towards people if I'm able to.

Sometimes it's an issue of I'm having to stack and you're out of range.

Also you should know their range because their raid frame should be grayed out. Not sure if default frames does, but I thought it did. So if it does. You do know our range.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
No. I'm talking about those healers that do exactly that, be it via voice chat or non-voice chat, but who are not an addon.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Well in theory, you should be in range of me at all times. There are a few cases in which you'll be out of range I cannot get to you in the immediate future (>10 seconds) which could mean life or death. Letting you know this allows you to use a personal CD instead of expecting a heal.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It's a bit of give and take. Your healers are the reason you're still alive to DPS. There are times when the healer can and probably should move. There are also times where, if the healer moves, bad things happen. Dark Animus can be an example of the former, where Iron Qon first phase can be an example of the latter. You have to be willing to work with them and not just stand and DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I don't know your range.

30 yards, to be on the safe side.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I do it in a few cases.

I got as close to you as I can, but there is this wall of fire between us and I really need you to take a step forward.

In a raid when we assign spread areas, say I am assigned to cover you and the tanks. The tanks are going to do their dance I can't control that, I am not going to get out of range of them. So, I tell you that you are past the limit of your spread area and need to come in a bit.

There are times I need to be in a certain spot to say stack for iron qon. I can't move you can, get closer if you want healed.

I am not talking to you, the RL put me here and you there, I am telling him that he assigned people outside my healing range.

In a 5 man. I am with the tank and you are back somewhere around a corner trying to finish off whatever. I am with the tank and I am not going around the corner to help you out, either use a personal CD to finish that thing off or kite it over here to the tank.

But basically if I say, "so and so is out of range" in chat. You can ask me about it and we can have a conversation about whatever issue is at hand.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I must admit, in all of the raids I have done, I have never had a DPS ask me to move in range of them. I typically only tell people they are out of range over Vent/Mumble if they are significantly out of range, and moving towards them would place me out of range of some of my other responsibilities (tanks), or put me in danger (having to cross a line of fire/lightning/frost on IQ, for example).

Basically, what Prideth said.
Reply Quote
Are you talking about those annoying addons that whisper you when you're out of range of a heal? Because those are awful and should go away.

By the Earthmother, is that a real thing? If so, that needs ta be abolished.
Edited by Gijira on 8/22/2013 8:47 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
By the Earthmother, is that a real thing? If so, that needs ta be abolished.

Yes. I want to strangle healers with that add-on. I think there are different settings but the ones that have it tuned to whisper the tank every time they have a distance/los issue...

On my tank sometimes I get a, "I can't heal you right now" whispered to me every time I go around a damn corner, or use charge to pull and just slip out of their range doing so.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
When I used to raid 10 mans, whenever I said someone was out of my range it was to let the other healer know to keep an eye on them because I can't for the next bit of time.
Reply Quote
When I used to raid 10 mans, whenever I said someone was out of my range it was to let the other healer know to keep an eye on them because I can't for the next bit of time.

^^

Exactly this. I call out xxx out of range to let my co-healer know that I won't be healing (or dispelling in some cases), so they know to keep an eye on them (assuming they have them in range which so far has always been the case).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

My co-healer and I do this.
Me " X is out of range."
Co-Healer "I've got X"

Or
Me "X is out of range."
CH "Mine too"
Then we find X and whomever can re-position better does so or make X come into range if we can't re-position without losing range on someone else.

Also, TC appears to be DPS main...
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightninghoof/Dyrone/advanced
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightninghoof/Sendro/advanced
Edited by Chrysippus on 8/22/2013 9:48 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Blank no level alt, I don't see this as a raid thread. That in mind, non raid content: Healers tend to be near tanks. If you are not near the tank, the problem is likely... you.

This does not apply to "line of sight" issues. No one can really be blamed for where on the staircase is "seen" or "not seen".
Edited by Vear on 8/22/2013 9:34 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

If I move to get you, I might get out of range of someone else. If you want heals, stand in range of healers.

And also that :
Edited by Zuunaa on 8/22/2013 9:44 AM PDT
Reply Quote
20 Dwarf Hunter
I don't know your range.

You should quit now and save yourself.... if you cannot look at your frames and determine you are out of range of the person that can and will save your life you are just plain stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

I don't know your range.

Probably because we can’t read your mind and move exactly when you do w/o any warnings from you.
Reply Quote
63 Pandaren Priest
In the few cases where I've said this, it's because the person is moving further out of range as fast or faster than I can move into range of them. You know that monk that just has to roll on CD, etc.

LOS on staircases actually can be understood, usually (I don't guarantee this to work 100% but it seems to be true at least most of the time). Possibly in order to prevent race from having unfair gameplay advantages, LOS is calculated as if everyone is the height of a gnome. If a gnome standing where you are could see a gnome standing where they are, you have LOS; otherwise, you don't. This basically means that if you take two steps away from the top of a staircase you break LOS on everyone on or below the staircase, but moving away from the bottom end is fine as long as the target is still on the staircase itself. It's also why very low obstacles can still break LOS -- if a gnome couldn't see over them, for gameplay purposes, neither can you, even though the person is right there on your screen from the knees up.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
In a raid situation I am looking for confirmation from another healer they have them, or at least awareness from the raid member that now is a good time to use a health stone/personal cooldown.

In a 5 man, their is a probably a wall of fire or the group is widely spread. If am not going to take damage just to heal you or move out of the range of the tank.

If you are the tank the issue is that many tanks have utility movement cooldowns that exceed anything a healer has.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]