Healers

90 Troll Priest
If you've come to a point where you want to just stand still and dps or tank or heal you're more or less asking to be carried.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
08/23/2013 03:46 AMPosted by Learntopray
The tank needs to consider the position of the mob(s) they are tanking in relation to the raid, and adjust accordingly. The dps need to do as much damage as possible. The job of healers is to heal everyone up, whether it be by popping everything, glyphing for lightwell or god forbid.. moving.

You don't raid, do you?

- The tank often doesn't have the option to actually adjust the mob in accordance with the raid. Ji-Kun, Megeara, Durumu (thanks pipi!) and Tortos are all examples where the bosses stay in the place they spawn and, while the tank can point them a certain direction, it's up to the raid to be in a safe place, regardless of where they are. Magmaw, Ultraxion, Al'akir, and Ragnaros were good Cataclysm examples of this. There are also fight were the tank are forced to position the boss in a position that work best for the mechanics of the fight. Iron Qon, Horridon, and Jin'rokh are examples of this in current tier, and Maloriak, Cho'gall, Zon'ozz, and Yor'sarj were examples from Cataclysm.

- Dark Animus, Empowered Kazra'jin, and Iron Qon third phase are all about controlling your DPS, not dealing as much DPS as possible. If you DPS your add on Dark Animus at the wrong time or the wrong amount, you run the danger of wiping your raid. Kaz and Qon both have reflect mechanics, where if you unload on them, you nuke yourself. Moreover, there isn't even as much of an emphasis on max DPS as there is correct DPS placement. Sure, you can DPS Horridon the entire fight, but then the adds take longer to go down and endanger the raid even more. Also, Durumu. Just, the entire fight of Durumu. Can't DPS during the maze? Then don't and focus exclusively on surviving. Adds need to be revealed. Drop lingering gazes as far back as possible. Life Drain needs to be managed properly. These are all mechanics that have nothing, NOTHING to do with doing DPS that are central to the fight. (Again, thank you pipi <3)

- I don't htink I need to argue the healer point, as it would just be redundant.
Edited by Fistlobster on 8/23/2013 9:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I honestly don't believe he has a tank or healer. I mean he's hiding behind a lvl 1. Probably that way we couldn't find out he is just a hunter (no offense himters).

I guess next time a person is out of range, I'll just run through all the void zones and ignore anyone else who needs healing. Since that would make me too lazy.

Oh wait I'm too lazy if I don't move, but the DPS isn't? Double standard?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
08/23/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Fistlobster
The tank needs to consider the position of the mob(s) they are tanking in relation to the raid, and adjust accordingly. The dps need to do as much damage as possible. The job of healers is to heal everyone up, whether it be by popping everything, glyphing for lightwell or god forbid.. moving.

You don't raid, do you?

- The tank often doesn't have the option to actually adjust the mob in accordance with the raid. Ji-Kun, Megeara, and Tortos are all examples where the bosses stay in the place they spawn and, while the tank can point them a certain direction, it's up to the raid to be in a safe place, regardless of where they are. Magmaw, Ultraxion, Al'akir, and Ragnaros were good Cataclysm examples of this. There are also fight were the tank are forced to position the boss in a position that work best for the mechanics of the fight. Iron Qon, Horridon, and Jin'rokh are examples of this in current tier, and Maloriak, Cho'gall, Zon'ozz, and Yor'sarj were examples from Cataclysm.

- Dark Animus, Empowered Kazra'jin, and Iron Qon third phase are all about controlling your DPS, not dealing as much DPS as possible. If you DPS your add on Dark Animus at the wrong time or the wrong amount, you run the danger of wiping your raid. Kaz and Qon both have reflect mechanics, where if you unload on them, you nuke yourself. Moreover, there isn't even as much of an emphasis on max DPS as there is correct DPS placement. Sure, you can DPS Horridon the entire fight, but then the adds take longer to go down and endanger the raid even more.

- I don't htink I need to argue the healer point, as it would just be redundant.

Durumu is an even better example of a boss where the last thing the tanks are worrying about is the boss's positioning (hint, they can't), where DPS have a ton of responsibilities that have nothing to do with "as much damage as possible", and where there are a number of times healers simply can't move closer to a DPS determined to kill themself.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
..why do you tell me I'm out of range, rather than moving in range to heal?

I don't know your range.

Because your job has less individual responsibility for the success of the raid. So, Just move instead of rolling your face on the keyboard and pullin yer pud on your meters.

It's not all about you. Most healers, myself included, just state; "Can't reach joe blow"
This is so another healer who might reach him has that knowledge, or if that dps still doesn't get heals, it's his fault for not popping survival CDs.
Edited by Tonydanza on 8/23/2013 9:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
08/23/2013 09:31 AMPosted by Pipikaula

You don't raid, do you?

- The tank often doesn't have the option to actually adjust the mob in accordance with the raid. Ji-Kun, Megeara, and Tortos are all examples where the bosses stay in the place they spawn and, while the tank can point them a certain direction, it's up to the raid to be in a safe place, regardless of where they are. Magmaw, Ultraxion, Al'akir, and Ragnaros were good Cataclysm examples of this. There are also fight were the tank are forced to position the boss in a position that work best for the mechanics of the fight. Iron Qon, Horridon, and Jin'rokh are examples of this in current tier, and Maloriak, Cho'gall, Zon'ozz, and Yor'sarj were examples from Cataclysm.

- Dark Animus, Empowered Kazra'jin, and Iron Qon third phase are all about controlling your DPS, not dealing as much DPS as possible. If you DPS your add on Dark Animus at the wrong time or the wrong amount, you run the danger of wiping your raid. Kaz and Qon both have reflect mechanics, where if you unload on them, you nuke yourself. Moreover, there isn't even as much of an emphasis on max DPS as there is correct DPS placement. Sure, you can DPS Horridon the entire fight, but then the adds take longer to go down and endanger the raid even more.

Durumu is an even better example of a boss where the last thing the tanks are worrying about is the boss's positioning (hint, they can't), where DPS have a ton of responsibilities that have nothing to do with "as much damage as possible", and where there are a number of times healers simply can't move closer to a DPS determined to kill themself.

Ah yes! I edited that in! :D
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/23/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Learntopray
since you're completely uninterested in intelligent dialogue?

Don't put words in my mouth.

If the plan in place calls for some to be out of range, you would not be calling it out, so please, none of that.

I fail to see any situation in this thread in which a healer would have a legitimate reason not to move.

..Although, the communicating with eachother thing is worth noting. Thank you.

There are plenty of legitimate reasons. You just don't like the reasons.

Seriously, if you are having this much trouble with your raid group, talk to your raid leader. None of us actually give a flying rat's butt if your healers are being mean to you and not healing you.

Poor thing.

You know, I gave you a serious response the first time around, because I thought maybe you were genuinely confused. Now I'm fairly certain you're trolling. So no, no heals for you. I might actually try to get in range of you tho.

So I can life grip you into the fire after void shifting you so you're super low.

Have fun!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

So I can life grip you into the fire after void shifting you so you're super low.

Why doesn't mine do that-.-

Should be included imo!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
..why do you tell me I'm out of range, rather than moving in range to heal?

I don't know your range.

There are a lot of insightful comments in this thread, but I'm guessing none of them is true in your case. Your healers are just tired of healing your whiny butt and they need to make an excuse before you fall over dead.

It's not like you'd know if they were lying about their range anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
08/23/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Rhias
I mean he's hiding behind a lvl 1.

I can only assume people who do this don't know how the internet/these forums work. /eyeroll.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

Why doesn't mine do that-.-

Should be included imo!

I would be willing to work with you on this. I can let you have my Lifegrip, and Void Shift them for you at just the right time. Then you can Lifegrip them! :D
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
I would be willing to work with you on this. I can let you have my Lifegrip, and Void Shift them for you at just the right time. Then you can Lifegrip them! :D

I may have once targeted a player randomly jumping around, waiting for a Durumu pull, wandered over to the edge of the platform, lifegripped them, and hit Stampeding Roar.

Maybe...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/23/2013 10:08 AMPosted by Pipikaula

I may have once targeted a player randomly jumping around, waiting for a Durumu pull, wandered over to the edge of the platform, lifegripped them, and hit Stampeding Roar.

Maybe...

lol

Gallien (one of the Resto Druidsin my guild) has done something similar to me before because he's mean! MEAN!

Vuulu is nicer. ^_^
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
Speaking of Lifefripping. I killed a whole LFR last night with my lifegrip. It is a new record for me. 25 people 1 cast.

/flex

We were at meg, the tanks had the heads facing each other and they were both taking stacks.

After being yelled I don't know how many times I walked over to where the tank was supposed to be and life gripped him. Perfect timing, the breath went off and the head slowly turned to face the tanks new position sweeping fire across the entire platform.
Edited by Prideth on 8/23/2013 10:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Shoot, I taunt LFR megaera so the entire raid eats breaths. Not to wipe, just so I can actually heal something meaningful. Screw lifegrip. taunt is unfixable for 4 seconds! Yummy breaths and ranks. Because ranking in LFR matters.
Edited by Tonydanza on 8/23/2013 10:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Shoot, I taunt LFR megaera so the entire raid eats breaths. Not to wipe, just so I can actually heal something meaningful. Screw lifegrip. taunt is unfixable for 4 seconds! Yummy breaths and ranks. Because ranking in LFR matters.

Woe to my next LFR group. I knew I kept taunt bound as holy for a reason.

thanks for the suggestion btw
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest

I am channeling Tranq, and your health is still dropping. You may want to scoot a bit closer.

Huh? How is it my fault your heal cannot keep me up? "Tranq" does not heal more based on proximity.

08/23/2013 09:15 AMPosted by Naér
If you've come to a point where you want to just stand still and dps or tank or heal you're more or less asking to be carried.

I can agree with these changes.

You don't raid, do you?

You don't read, do you?

This is the healing section.

Because your job has less individual responsibility for the success of the raid. So, Just move instead of rolling your face on the keyboard and pullin yer pud on your meters.

This thread is not about me. I move when I tank, I move when I heal, and I move when I dps. The subject at hand is healers who seem to think they are holier than thou, and don't need to move.

I honestly don't believe he has a tank or healer. I mean he's hiding behind a lvl 1. Probably that way we couldn't find out he is just a hunter (no offense himters).

I guess next time a person is out of range, I'll just run through all the void zones and ignore anyone else who needs healing. Since that would make me too lazy.

I'm" hiding behind a lvl 1" to prevent being judged based on role, class, spec. It brings crappy posts like this, oh well. Feel better if I post on a healer? Let me guess, you need my tank too.

Oh wait I'm too lazy if I don't move, but the DPS isn't? Double standard?

I did not say that, however, at this point in time I am referring to the healers. It should be obvious from the title.
Edited by Zuthovin on 8/23/2013 3:34 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
Huh? How is it my fault your heal cannot keep me up? "Tranq" does not heal more based on proximity.

Out of range, Tranq does nothing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/23/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Zuthovin

Because Tranq, like Divine Hymn and Healing Tide Totem, has a finite range. If you're out of that range, it does not heal you.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I think we've come to a "these are not the healers you're looking for" point.

Because Tranq, like Divine Hymn and Healing Tide Totem, has a finite range. If you're out of that range, it does not heal you.

I'm frankly not even convinced this guy knows what range *is*.
Edited by Zanara on 8/23/2013 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]