Healers

90 Blood Elf Mage
Learntopray.

More like...

Learntoplay.

EDIT:

I spent no less than 10 minutes thinking that one up.
Edited by Mahourai on 8/23/2013 3:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Learntopray.

More like...

Learntoplay.

That's the joke.. Took you that long to get it
Edited by Learntopray on 8/23/2013 3:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I think we've come to a "these are not the healers you're looking for" point.

and of course /drink
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
That's the joke.. Took you that long to get it

The joke is Your Bad Posting.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Alright gang, its time to play "RATE THAT TROLL!!" -applause track plays-

I give him a 4/10, since he managed to get some serious responses out of us
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman

I'll have to give him a 3/10.
He did get serious responses, but he revealed himself too early. He should have led us along more before going all angry poster on us.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'll have to give him a 3/10.
He did get serious responses, but he revealed himself too early. He should have led us along more before going all angry poster on us.

I second this motion!

3/10 would potentially angrily reply again but ... would need more flavor to it.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
I have to 4/10 mostly because 4 pages

would have scored higher if an indignant-whiny tone had been used for additional frustrated responses
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
1/10 for replies
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

This thread is not about me. I move when I tank, I move when I heal, and I move when I dps. The subject at hand is healers who seem to think they are holier than thou, and don't need to move.

It's pretty clear since your OP that this thread is indeed about you. Only you have this issue.

I'm" hiding behind a lvl 1" to prevent being judged based on role, class, spec. It brings crappy posts like this, oh well. Feel better if I post on a healer? Let me guess, you need my tank too.

If only that worked. Your main can be outed rather easily, the difference is, most people in the healing forum don't care from the outset when you come in here with a fail question/argument to begin with - And do it on a lvl 1 like a coward;)

Oh wait I'm too lazy if I don't move, but the DPS isn't? Double standard?

I did not say that, however, at this point in time I am referring to the healers. It should be obvious from the title.

If you had a healer and played one - at all - You would understand that when a healer says X is out of range, it's because they can't move for one reason or another.

The issue is you fail to realize it's not about healers not wanting to move. It's about healers not able to cater to you. My responsibility is to heal the ENTIRE raid. Moving to heal your fail means I do less raid wide healing on the 23 other people who are actually in range. And in many circumstances, I cannot move just to cater to you.

These range callouts by healers are to inform the other healers that you cannot reach that target, someone has to pick up the slack if theyre in range. OR maybe a DISPEL. Or maybe to inform you that it's time to pick your face off the keyboard and use a defensive CD.
Edited by Tonydanza on 8/23/2013 6:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid

Eh, my serious responses are often geared more to the general audience. Just because a poster is a troll, doesn't mean some comments/questions do not deserve a decent answer. There may very well be people who did not know that big healing CDs do have a finite range, and what that range is. When you have large open areas, such as RBGs or raids such as Firelands (hello, Shannox!), it can be easy for anyone to lose track of this, especially if you do not use unit frames set up to track range for you.

There may very well be people who do not realize that outside of LFR, you really do have to do more than just maximize DPS on the boss, and that healers aren't just mashing one or two buttons (Rejuve all the things!) while sipping champagne and being fed strawberries dipped in dark chocolate. My responses are mostly to sort out my own thoughts on an issue, and often to speak to a larger audience than the person quoted in my post.
Edited by Pipikaula on 8/23/2013 11:21 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest

If you had a healer and played one - at all -

Ok. You guys call me troll all you want, but com on. This pot i straight up frickin' troll. The toon I posted on is a healer, check. Play it, check.

???

Eh, my serious responses are often geared more to the general audience. Just because a poster is a troll, doesn't mean some comments/questions do not deserve a decent answer.

I am not a troll, but these are words of wisdom. Thank you.

Thank you to everyone in this thread who posted in a serious manner, but you need not burden yourselves any longer: The lot of you have left a sour taste in my mouth.

I'm sure scaring away people looking for help isn't uncommon around here.. I'm leaving and never looking back.

/thread locked.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Sorry we left a sour taste in your mouth. But you left one in mine as well. I think people get up in arms when you loosely use the term healers. It comes across like you were either trolling. Or complaining that all healers do this. If you had said I have had a couple healers....

It came across as accusatory to all healers. And then when we gave you reasons, you called us lazy and acted like we could never possibly have a reason not to move.

Oh yea, nice thread lock.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Since you're actively posting elsewhere on your large stable of alts, I won't be surprised when you pop up again under a different name.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
/thread unlocked

/tar Tiriel
/cast Leap of Faith
/cast Displacer Beast

Oh, was that a Gastropod? Whoopsie.
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Druid
Well a healer can just click on you and use the map to "highlight target." So I'd know where you were.

A lot of healers don't use target to heal though, so they'll never have this option.
Edited by Gamex on 8/24/2013 9:07 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Mage
I've got 2 tanks, 2 healers, and 4 DPS. I haven't really raided since Cata so I don't consider anything a main. I didn't have much time for it this xpac so most of my game time consists of lfr and selling challenge mode carries.

Moving on.

Since you don't do anything of import, Tamerlan, maybe you should refrain from coming to the healing forums to b*tch out those healers who have appropriate raid awareness.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
/thread unlocked

/tar Tiriel
/cast Leap of Faith
/cast Displacer Beast

Oh, was that a Gastropod? Whoopsie.

>:(
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I am not a troll, but these are words of wisdom. Thank you.

Thank you to everyone in this thread who posted in a serious manner, but you need not burden yourselves any longer: The lot of you have left a sour taste in my mouth.

I gave you a serious answer when I first posted in this thread. But then you came back and basic said that if a healer doesnt cater to you or another DPS that wants to stand out of range, we're lazy and want to be carried.

Yea, I understand that all of the roles have important roles to fill, and I dont think one is more important than the others. BUT, that being said, a DPS has to watch himself and deal damage. A Healer has to watch himself, the raid, our CDs, our mana usage, among others things. And, as it was said, most of the times us saying something is to alert our co-healers that someone is out of our range so they can watch you.

I wish I could say Im sorry for "scaring you away", but frankly Im not. Dont come into the healing forums and then post a thread telling us that we should move and cater to you instead of doing our job and keeping everyone alive.
Edited by Shammyren on 8/24/2013 12:30 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Usually because I don't have spirit walkers grace and health pools are crazy low so I can't move to save one person at the risk of killing 5.

Or because as a group we are moving together but for some reason you specifically are out of my range (meaning likely the positioning is wrong)

Or some mechanic prevents me from moving but I still need to heal.

If I can get to you I will, but if I say you're out of my range there is usually a good reason that I need you to be aware. In that case you either pop a CD to live or come find me.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]