Rogue or Hunter 5.4

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone had tried these two classes on the PTR and could give me some insight as to who is looking stronger come patch 5.4 for pvp.

I am really looking to alt either one since I get REALLY bored of of my main (disc priest).

If anyone could help me out that would be awesome. I know hunters are getting a slight nerf and rogues are getting a slight buff.

So what do you all think?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
If it's for an alt, why not try them both? I would say both can be strong in the hands of a skilled player. Both can be weak in the hands of unskilled player.
Reply Quote
Ok, not that helpful... lol
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
play rouge in 5.4 it's going to be so le overpowdered.

epic buffs XD
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Hunters are still going to be overpowered and rogues are still going to be lackluster.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
FrankerZ = Dog Face (no space)

edit: just play what you like, they're both going to be viable, you don't have to play whatevers strongest just play whatever you like more. or play both like someone else mentioned, its just alts.
Edited by Loadedd on 8/26/2013 9:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10 Goblin Rogue
I think it just boils down to whether you want to play a ranged or melee toon.

Both will be viable if you're decent with them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Rogue all the way.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I pinged a few of our top PvP stabbers with a similar question, and their consensus is, basically, "stay tuned." It's not like tons of competitive PvP folk are earnestly playing arena on the PTR, so it's difficult to get a sense not only for how good rogues are in and of themselves, but how well their strengths and weaknesses in 5.4 will complement the strengths and weaknesses of all the other classes and specs seeing significant changes in the next patch.

We won't know how rogues OR hunters are doing in arena until the new season begins, basically. And outside of competitive PvP, class and spec choice matter a lot less than sheer player skill and preparation.
Reply Quote
Hunter works with more classes.

Hunter never has to stop moving and can still achieve huge dps numbers.

Hunters have instant cc, with shorter cooldowns.

Hunters have more utility with less skill level. (aka, you can roar of sac a partner, vs as a rogue you might have to shadow step/redirect/disarm or stun, and hope you have all the energy/combo points to make that happen).

I vote hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
08/26/2013 11:22 AMPosted by Accost
Hunters have instant cc,

I stopped reading at this point. Hunters have no cc's that a rogue cant do in our own way (some instant/free/short cd if one at all). Only good thing about their...2-3 cc moves is that they can be done at range(although blind and sap have some range). Thats the only thing they have in the cc going for them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
08/26/2013 03:13 PMPosted by Bliñd
Hunters have instant cc,

I stopped reading at this point.

That's why you should read for completeness and not just pick what you want to see. Scatter shot and freezing trap are both on much shorter CDs than blind AND they can be done in combat.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
That's why you should read for completeness and not just pick what you want to see. Scatter shot and freezing trap are both on much shorter CDs than blind AND they can be done in combat.

freezing trap requires either shooting into the right spot or getting the person to go into it. Blind can be done in combat, 8 second cc, and i dont need to shoot a trap. so i dont see your point in "and they can be done in combat." We have gouge on a 10 second cd, 3 times shorter than scatter shot and for the same duration, dirty tricks makes it free and we wont have to have our poisons removed for them to stay in the cc, allowing us to leave our dot on them. marksman will have silent shot, we have kick and garrote, which if you play sub garrote will do even more than silence.
This^ was off the top of my head. but yea.... I stand by what i said
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I stand by what i said

Your name fits you well.

If you can't place a freezing trap into a chain cc, PvP isn't for you. Here's the door:
------------> DOOR

EDIT:
Oh yeah, almost forgot. About gouge: The target has to be facing you, you have to be in melee range, and it's on diminishing returns if you use it on the same target every 10 seconds. Also, unless you glyph into dirty tricks, it cost a crap ton of energy and breaks on your dots. So don't compare it to an ability that can be done at range, doesn't require the target to face you, and doesn't cost a 1/3rd of your energy to do.
Edited by Locke on 8/26/2013 4:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
If you can't place a freezing trap into a chain cc, PvP isn't for you

I didn't say I couldn't I said I don't have too, I'm a rogue. I'm Blind but I saw that, did you? As a rogue yourself you dont need me to say all that paragraph on our cc ability, you should know that already, if you didnt, pvp isnt for you. I;m not showing you the way out, as I cant see the door. /bow
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]