Mana efficient slow heals.

90 Pandaren Priest
Sign me up for team "Heal Sucks".

It might actually have some situational uses if not for Greater Heal and its sweet, sweet Divine Insight procs. Maybe give Heal a 15% chance of proccing DI?

I still wouldn't use it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/24/2013 04:19 PMPosted by Tonydanza
Many Resto Druids also have Healing Touch removed from their bar outside of NS+HT macro.

I would encourage you to try working HT into your non-emergency tank heal toolkit. The cast time is slower than Regrowth, which actually makes it more mana-efficient than Regrowth, and if it crits, it crits for double that of a Regrowth (which is a very large Living Seed).

That said, I primarily use Regrowth, but will pop HT if I have the time, or have Clearcasting up.
Edited by Moggsy on 8/30/2013 11:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
The cast time is slower than Regrowth, which actually makes it more mana-efficient than Regrowth

Cast times have no effect on mana efficiency.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Cast times have no effect on mana efficiency.

He probably means that it takes less mana per second to cast, which is true. Generally speaking, though, I find it more beneficial to rejuv if mana's fine, or cast nothing if it's not.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
08/30/2013 03:46 PMPosted by Frozenorange
He probably means that it takes less mana per second to cast, which is true.

But why would you care?

Healing per mana is what matters for efficiency, healing per second is what matters for throughput, and time-to-heal-delivery is what matters for saving lives. If spell A is superior to spell B on all three counts without any major mechanical disadvantages, you use spell A and adjust your mana-per-second by taking breaks from casting if necessary.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Whatever healing model they had in mind for Cata which was based heavily around those 3 basic single target heals never even made it into Cata live apparently. That mana neutral spell does have a role, but I think it could safely be removed for all healers if the other spells were adjusted to compensate.
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Priest
I don't think I have ever used the healing spell Heal
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
08/30/2013 04:06 PMPosted by Kaels
He probably means that it takes less mana per second to cast, which is true.

But why would you care?

Healing per mana is what matters for efficiency, healing per second is what matters for throughput, and time-to-heal-delivery is what matters for saving lives. If spell A is superior to spell B on all three counts without any major mechanical disadvantages, you use spell A and adjust your mana-per-second by taking breaks from casting if necessary.

Min-maxing effective mana pool is all. In terms of throughput, you are correct in that it doesn't matter.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
On my priority list “heal” sits right next to doing nothing. Doing nothing nets me a better mana return and thus more healing through an encounter.

There is no place for "heal" it is a bad idea to cast it. Except perhaps if you are messing around with FDCL in a 5 man and there is nothing around to smite.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]