Question for priests

I notice sometimes in dungeons priest healers have the ability to throw bubbles at all 5 of us in the same time, while others can't. On my shadow priest, for instance, if I cast in on somebody, I have to wait a little bit before casting it on myself.

Is it a talent, glyph, macro? What is it?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
There is a skill that is only accessible by disc priests, called "Spirit Shell". It''s on a 1 minute CD and when applied using PoH, can be applied to all targets within one group.

Essentially you cast Spirit Shell, then apply it using Prayer of Healing.

PW: Shield is instant, but still is limited by the GCD as far as applying to large groups. PW: Shield blanketing is less common for a variety of reasons built into our spec.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I notice sometimes in dungeons priest healers have the ability to throw bubbles at all 5 of us in the same time, while others can't. On my shadow priest, for instance, if I cast in on somebody, I have to wait a little bit before casting it on myself.

Is it a talent, glyph, macro? What is it?

Discipline Priests have the CD on Power Word: Shield removed by a passive ability called Rapture. Holy Priests and Shadow Priests still have a 6 second CD on their Power Word: Shield.
Edited by Tiriel on 8/25/2013 1:13 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
^ What she said :P

I also would not use shield as shadow if you're in a dungeon with another priest that is actually using it unless something is going really wrong, because it may make them annoyed (drives me nuts!).
Edited by Veroicone on 8/25/2013 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

I also would not use shield as shadow if you're in a dungeon with another priest that is actually using it unless something is going really wrong, because it may make them annoyed (drives me nuts!).

Oh, what do you mean by not use shield as a shadow priest when there's a priest there? Yeah, I don't wanna go pissing people off.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

Oh, what do you mean by not use shield as a shadow priest when there's a priest there? Yeah, I don't wanna go pissing people off.

PW:S applies the Weakened Soul debuff to the target, so they won't be able to apply their shields to you if you shield yourself first.
Reply Quote
Oh, gotcha! Thanks for letting me know. One thing I had no idea about.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Nothing more annoying then when you go to shield someone to realize you can't :p I set up my raid/dungeon frames so I can tell when someone has a shield on them that is not mine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
While leveling a profession I noticed another priest had a skill on that was on all the time. She had circles all around her that seemed to be constantly casting. I saw an icon on her that had said circle of heals when I panned over it. But when I got the skill I did not have the same effect. I thought she was my level or a bit lower, but now I am wondering what it was I saw. I liked the effect and wanted it for my own healer.

Anybody know what this is?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
While leveling a profession I noticed another priest had a skill on that was on all the time. She had circles all around her that seemed to be constantly casting. I saw an icon on her that had said circle of heals when I panned over it. But when I got the skill I did not have the same effect. I thought she was my level or a bit lower, but now I am wondering what it was I saw. I liked the effect and wanted it for my own healer.

Anybody know what this is?

That's a Holy priest. The ground effect under their feet shows which Chakra stance they're in. You're Discipline, so you don't get them - you get other wonderful things :D
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Thanks!! Actually I did change to Holy because I wasn't happy with the level heals I was able to give in PVE. It just has not shown up here yet for some reason. :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I leveled as Holy and while it's my OS, I do it quite a bit. I hope you enjoy it. Here's a quick little dungeon healing cheat-sheet.

http://howtopriest.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1598

It has a quick little section for Holy. I found it to be super helpful when I was leveling.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
That's a Holy priest. The ground effect under their feet shows which Chakra stance they're in. You're Discipline, so you don't get them - you get other wonderful things :D

Ah, the rare and elusive Holy Priest. Once thought to be extinct, rigorous habitat protection as well as a constant stream of buffs have brought this creature back from the brink.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

And I would tell disc priests not to PWS shadow priests. You're killing my mobility and turning down free healing. Drives me nuts!

08/26/2013 10:11 AMPosted by Mythrose

Ah, the rare and elusive Holy Priest. Once thought to be extinct, rigorous habitat protection as well as a constant stream of buffs have brought this creature back from the brink.

Hm. Now trying to figure out what our habitat is :)
Edited by Kaels on 8/26/2013 4:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
08/26/2013 04:35 PMPosted by Kaels
And I would tell disc priests not to PWS shadow priests. You're killing my mobility and turning down free healing. Drives me nuts!

Pfft.

Spec into Angelic Feather. It's better anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Priest
08/26/2013 04:40 PMPosted by Skootalloo

Pfft.

Spec into Angelic Feather. It's better anyway.

Better for what?
Reply Quote
63 Blood Elf Paladin
Well it will be better. It's definitely a contender if you don't mind WS debuffs everywhere/need more than 3 targets at one time. But with the changes in 5.4, it'll definitely be the go to for 10m priests.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Better for what?

I honestly dont understand why people find feathers difficult to use. I've never had any problems in any spec of priest. the duration of feathers is longer, the speed boost is the same (and will be 20% greater in the next patch), and there are 3 accumulated charges that recharge very quickly. it also enables you to provide better/more utility to your raid.

It's also far superior for Helm of Command if you either end up with it on you in a bad spot or have no demonic portal (longer duration: up to 18 seconds if needed so it can far exceed the duration of helm)

All that's needed with feathers is a willingness to practice and experiment with your own hitbox/latency. I regularly drop feathers into a group of nearly my entire raid and would estimate that I miss getting my own speed boost approximately 1 time out of 20.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
There are a number of bubbles that Disc priests create on the entire party. As someone mentioned, we have a 1min cooldown ability called Spirit Shell that converts the healing from Prayer of Healing (AOE heal) into protective damage reducing bubbles.

Even a normal PoH can put bubbles on people if it crits. Almost all of our healing creates defensive bubbles. We cannot put Power Word: Shield on everyone, but the other bubbles proc quite frequently.

I also only bubble someone when they take damage. There's no point in bubbling a shadow priest, because 1) they can take care of themselves and 2) they rarely need me.
Edited by Monreale on 8/27/2013 12:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
There's no point in bubbling a shadow priest, because 1) they can take care of themselves and 2) they rarely need me.

Until 5.4!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]