Question for priests

90 Blood Elf Priest
I want to add, too, that good things happen when a Discipline Priest crit-heals. Very good things.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I put some bubbles in my bath but that was because I ate too much Mexican food. Pffft.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
08/27/2013 06:06 AMPosted by Tsilyi
Better for what?

I honestly dont understand why people find feathers difficult to use. I've never had any problems in any spec of priest. the duration of feathers is longer, the speed boost is the same (and will be 20% greater in the next patch), and there are 3 accumulated charges that recharge very quickly. it also enables you to provide better/more utility to your raid.

It's also far superior for Helm of Command if you either end up with it on you in a bad spot or have no demonic portal (longer duration: up to 18 seconds if needed so it can far exceed the duration of helm)

All that's needed with feathers is a willingness to practice and experiment with your own hitbox/latency. I regularly drop feathers into a group of nearly my entire raid and would estimate that I miss getting my own speed boost approximately 1 time out of 20.

With NZ latency feathers are a horror to micromanage. If you are moving you have to place them nearly 5 yards shorter than the client targeting reticule suggests because of latency issues.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
08/27/2013 06:06 AMPosted by Tsilyi
Better for what?

I honestly dont understand why people find feathers difficult to use.

My latency seems to ensure that I never get the feathers I put down for myself.
Reply Quote
Latency of the person that takes the feather will sometimes screw things up. Sometimes while tanking on my monk, a priest will place a feather on my way and I step on it. However, due to latency, the game decides that I did not step on it and gives it to the DPS running 5 yds behind me ._.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Ok, i totally understand having a problem if you play with bad latency. I definitely don't. Tiriel what the heck is your ping and whyyyyy?

08/29/2013 10:19 AMPosted by Tiriel
My latency

i've had very little problems playing with feathers up to about 150ms but I have to admit that generally my ping is between 30 and 50 >.>
Edited by Tsilyi on 8/29/2013 10:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Inner Focus + Prayer of Healing = Bubble on all 5 party members.

People get bubbled (outside of normal priest shielding) when a Disc priest's heal crits. Inner Focus makes the next heal 100% crit. So if the priest casts inner focus + prayer of healing, all 5 party members will get hit with a crit heal and a shield.

The shield comes from the Divine Aegis effect. Priests get Divine Aegis at 24 and Inner Focus at 36. Even if the priest is under 36, they can still hit you with PoH (or any heal for that matter) and if it crits, you get the shield.
Edited by Fingerz on 8/29/2013 11:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I've only had problems with feathers when I'm pretty much on top of or very, very close to other people.

I swapped to feathers around the time I got to Ji-kun. I wasn't particularly good at Down Draft, and BnS wouldn't always be available for it due to Weakened Soul. Feathers ended up being far more reliable in keeping me on the platform. Plus, faster wipe recovery.

BnS is still good for situations where you need both a speed and survivability boost, like H Jin'rokh or Tortos. In situations where you need one or the other, I prefer feathers.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Ok, i totally understand having a problem if you play with bad latency. I definitely don't. Tiriel what the heck is your ping and whyyyyy?

My latency

i've had very little problems playing with feathers up to about 150ms but I have to admit that generally my ping is between 30 and 50 >.>

*shrugs* I can't always check my latency in game in the middle of a fight, but I've had enough trouble with them that I avoid using them. It's just not worth it to me to place my survival on something I can't guarantee will work.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I honestly dont understand why people find feathers difficult to use. I've never had any problems in any spec of priest. the duration of feathers is longer, the speed boost is the same (and will be 20% greater in the next patch), and there are 3 accumulated charges that recharge very quickly. it also enables you to provide better/more utility to your raid.

They're obnoxious. That's not where my mouse is, or where I want it to be, even if I have a cursor, which I probably don't if I'm trying to run somewhere quickly. My mouse is either over nameplates or over boss frames or over raidframes, and moving it to the middle to pick out a tiny little reticle placement the right distance in front of my tiny little zoomed-out character is not going to happen fast enough to do any good if I actually need a speed boost.

PWS: Hit one button. Instant sprint. Absorb damage taken while sprinting. Win.
Edited by Kaels on 8/29/2013 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
They're obnoxious. That's not where my mouse is, or where I want it to be, even if I have a cursor, which I probably don't if I'm trying to run somewhere quickly. My mouse is either over nameplates or over boss frames or over raidframes, and moving it to the middle to pick out a tiny little reticle placement the right distance in front of my tiny little zoomed-out character is not going to happen fast enough to do any good if I actually need a speed boost.

I feel like you're overcomplicating the use of feathers. They're slightly more complicated than BnS and there's a chance for 'failure' (through latency or other people), but I don't find dropping a feather on myself to be that hard.

It's about as hard as healing someone, just a matter of clicking on a tiny static space on my screen. It's just that instead of that tiny static space being a colored square, it's a tiny gnome.

I get that latency can make them much harder and 25s probably do as well (due to an overabundance of people and a lack of personal space), but I don't think they're complicated.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest

I feel like you're overcomplicating the use of feathers. They're slightly more complicated than BnS and there's a chance for 'failure' (through latency or other people), but I don't find dropping a feather on myself to be that hard.

It's about as hard as healing someone, just a matter of clicking on a tiny static space on my screen. It's just that instead of that tiny static space being a colored square, it's a tiny gnome.

I get that latency can make them much harder and 25s probably do as well (due to an overabundance of people and a lack of personal space), but I don't think they're complicated.

I think they're still obnoxious. The times that I've tried to use them when it counted, they've completely failed me - either someone else took the feather or the game decided I didn't actually run over it, even when I did.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]