Holy paladins compared to other healers

90 Undead Priest
Does anyone else feel that holy paladins cant compare to lets say a holy/disc priest or resto druid? Ive noticed my fiances paladin cannot compare to my priest. Im only a 2k priest but i can heal alot stronger and better than him and hes a 2500 hpall.

He plays arenas FAR better than i do but when ti comes to "who can heal through the most dmg" it seems as though i win with barely any effort (mind you im holy) Ive watched him play and its as if his heals cant do anything fully geared. Yet i hit 2 heals and BAm i heal for alot.

Are h palls crap? I haven't seen one h pall in my server or arenas. Every paladin seems to be ret nowadays. BIGGER question, Will h palls be better in patch 5.4? i want some help from those paladin experts. We just came back to WoW after a year and tbh we dont know whats been happening.

Is there a thread already made about this issue? if so can someone point me in the right direction? im not an expert at forums Haha!

Thank you in advance! :]
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
I agree, holy does feel weaker. I have a resto shammy and it feels like his heals are far larger and more reliable. Flash heal is supposed to be a large expensive heal, it just does not feel like it get the job done tho. I think it has to do with our mastery. And now that EF cannot trigger our mastery not sure how we will be in 5.4 , prolly weaker.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
meh, holy is fine imo
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
meh, holy is fine imo

qft homie
Reply Quote
08/25/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Söra
with barely any effort

Yes, you have more instant casts, if that's what you mean...PoM+Serenity 2 ezy
Edited by Stormy on 8/26/2013 8:27 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVUyyHYkBHk
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
AJ druids say Hpals are garbage:

http://youtu.be/tTJC46v-piI?t=1h24m29s

I have to say that I agree with most of it

Edit for their comments:
- not viable
- the worst healer
- paladin at the bottom
- might be the worst
- healing CDs aren't good against melee
Edited by Tenacius on 8/27/2013 7:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
At least in arenas you can stop on mw monks! Oh, and now you get ANOTHER CC just to make sure in 5.4...

But hey, I'll agree with you on druids and priests - they are ridiculously OP. So its not that pallys are bad, its that those other 2 are off the hook. There is a very good reason that 30% of ALL players rated 2200+ are priests. Yes 30% for 1 out of 11 classes. Fair? Suuuuure.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
08/25/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Söra
Does anyone else feel that holy paladins cant compare to lets say a holy/disc priest or resto druid? Ive noticed my fiances paladin cannot compare to my priest. Im only a 2k priest but i can heal alot stronger and better than him and hes a 2500 hpall.

The only healers that are below Holy Paladins right now are Shaman. Druids are just OP to everyone and then you have priests and monks. Depending on the fight a decent Holy Pally will do fine against monks, but it still is upsetting when you considering the DPS that they are able to do on top of their healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
AJ druids say Hpals are garbage:http://youtu.be/tTJC46v-piI?t=1h24m29sI have to say that I agree with most of itEdit for their comments: - not viable- the worst healer- paladin at the bottom- might be the worst- healing CDs aren't good against melee

I'd have to completely agree. I just got benched because my class is so underpowered compared to other healers. My group is 10/13H ToT, and I helped get them to that point in a large way; however, coming 5.4 it is looking like Holy Paladin will even be under shaman at this point.

I have been healing on my Holy Paladin for the past 4-5 years, but this may very well be the patch that forces me to reroll on one of my alts. I don't want to do that, but from what I am reading everywhere and from what I have been experiencing on live and on the PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Oh no... i didnt want to see a topic like this...
Hpal is really bad at max level? For PVP?
Because right now, is just a huuuuuuuge waste of time trying to heal ppl in PVP at least (PVE is mehcrapeasy, so idc about it).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/27/2013 08:26 AMPosted by Fixizen
, and now you get ANOTHER CC

no.. it's either foj, rep, or fear.
Edited by Genesisqt on 8/29/2013 9:35 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Oh no... i didnt want to see a topic like this...
Hpal is really bad at max level? For PVP?
Because right now, is just a huuuuuuuge waste of time trying to heal ppl in PVP at least (PVE is mehcrapeasy, so idc about it).

Save yourself, and reroll asap
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Holy paladins are great for short games , = melee cleaves
we suck at long games and suck playing with wizzards.
eternal flame is so easliy cleaned off targets and our heals are not huge compared to other healers.
we spend more time healing than doing anything else.
i hate casting a flash of light "which if spammed drives u oom", for 50k.....
while a resto druid uses regrowth which doesnt cost not nearly as much mana for 100k.
I would rather cast a heal and have a player topped like a resto druid than heal 3 times to get someone toppped.... yeh.... hpallys have a few instant cast heals but i would rather cast and have them topped so i can cc.....
this is why the hpally class suffers so much. we dont have efficnent hots,,,, eternal flame ticks for 30k, add an ms, 15k
we eat cc like a boss so thats why we have instant casts..... however, because we eat cc so hard, we get chained probablly the hardest out of all healers.
priests can stealth to avoid a cc and lose focus target, shams can grounding, druids can shift or displacer.
pallys can..... pallys can.... pallys can sac? which gets cleaned because we dont have anything else really on our dps in arena....
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
i hate casting a flash of light "which if spammed drives u oom", for 50k.....

30k on PTR :s

edit: and that is in 522 PvP gear, which would be 26iLvls above our current PvP gear
Edited by Tenacius on 8/30/2013 1:16 PM PDT
Reply Quote

we suck at long games and suck playing with wizzards.

Compared to other healers maybe, but we don't suck playing with wizards. HOJ can be big for setting up kills.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I would like a blue to respond. and PLEASE give us reasons why the pally class is hated so much. Did the developer get dumped by a paladin player? Seriously? from all that im hearing and experiencing. Your making holy paladfins njon existent in arenas. if ya hate them so much. Get rid of the class.

Give them a blink or vanish. GIVE THEM SOMETHING my priest feels OP in arenas at times. I can do so much to avoid dmg or CC and hell i can even dps pretty well as holy. I was a hpall back in WOTLK and BC and i LOVED my heals because, while druids had hots that were annoying i was known for my STRONG single target heals. Thats what hpalls were good at strong single target healing.

HENCE why they were tank healers. Now ur doing this AOE healing crap. That used to be hpriests druids and shamans. I miss how pallys used to be. And i dont even play one anymore not since wotlk.

But alas i have love for all you hpalls. STAY STRONG!!! let your voices be heard!!!!
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
I don't pvp much, but having to cast every heal pretty much while not being able to move would seem to be quite a hindrance in pvp. Even so in PvE content at times. We do have EF and a couple final tier talents, but I felt week in pvp so I stopped. Seeing a resto druid take on 8 people and not die, seeing a disc priest take on nearly the same and be hardly touched.. and then there was me. One or two people on me with an interrupt and I was done for! haha.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
When I did a bit of RBGs as holy last season and early this season I barely ever had to hard cast. I spent almost as much time bouncing as I do as ret, kiting and running instants. I really thought it was kind of boring. Doing holy in randoms was a joke, I felt like Jesus while wearing honor gear.

There's also still a lot of actual high rated holy paladins, so they aren't that bad, and there's going to be more of them coming back in 5.4, because TSG is coming back. Their comps are limited, but they're very strong in the comps that they have.

Just in a game where rerolling is so easy, people who hit the slightest speed bump quit and pick the easiest thing to play.
Edited by Cayse on 9/2/2013 12:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]