tab targeting friends

87 Human Priest
I have been dps for years, however, over the last couple of days I have been playing heals. I was wondering if their is an option to change tab targeting away from default targeting enemies to default targeting friendly players.

I am playing on a laptop and the F keys are a pain to use because they are so small. Should I just change key binding to tab (however the tank for example wont always be F2..)?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Alt+Tab.

Edit: Gah, I meant Ctrl+Tab. Brainfart.
Edited by Pipikaula on 8/23/2013 11:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
6 Human Rogue
thanks
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Huh!

TIL that I can ctrl+tab friendly units!

Thanks, Jab & Pipi :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Consider that you could also rebind Caps-Lock to target friendlies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Why not get a UI addon like vuhdo that allows you to click to cast on nameplates instead of the RNG of tabbing through players and there pets.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Consider that you could also rebind Caps-Lock to target friendlies.

That's also an interesting idea - thanks!

Why not get a UI addon like vuhdo that allows you to click to cast on nameplates instead of the RNG of tabbing through players and there pets.

I can see friendly tab-targeting being good for random world PvP/world bosses when you're not part of the raid. I certainly would never consider ditching VuhDo, myself, but I'm interested to know that a keybind exists for friendly targeting.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I can see friendly tab-targeting being good for random world PvP/world bosses when you're not part of the raid. I certainly would never consider ditching VuhDo, myself, but I'm interested to know that a keybind exists for friendly targeting.

This is actually the only thing I could see it being useful for. In a raid, I prefer to be able to target exactly who I want right now.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
08/24/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Elynore

This is actually the only thing I could see it being useful for. In a raid, I prefer to be able to target exactly who I want right now.

Lifegripping someone out of danger on the ground when you have no idea who they are is another thought that occurs to me. Happens mostly in 25man (which for me is LFR, so not exactly a situation I *care* an awful lot about, but in 25man normal/heroic mode, or 40man, I could see it happening sometimes too).

You know, when I play my priest, anyway :D

edit: admittedly, it'd be a very specific situation, too. I've occasionally wanted to grab "whoever that person is right in front of me THERE" is all I'm saying - on the trash in front of Rag back in FL is one example, when I *was* playing my priest, and Force of Will on Duru is another situation; same with the Bridge Boss).
Edited by Ellarix on 8/24/2013 4:51 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Lifegripping someone out of danger on the ground when you have no idea who they are is another thought that occurs to me. Happens mostly in 25man (which for me is LFR, so not exactly a situation I *care* an awful lot about, but in 25man normal/heroic mode, or 40man, I could see it happening sometimes too).

I don't have enough lifegrips to save all the people standing where they shouldn't in LFR, so I don't worry about it, tbh.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
08/24/2013 04:55 PMPosted by Elynore

I don't have enough lifegrips to save all the people standing where they shouldn't in LFR, so I don't worry about it, tbh.

Agreed, which is why I mentioned it wasn't what I would likely care about.

Normal or heroic 25man would be, though, or I suppose... uh... 40man... uh... PvP? idk, I'm not a huge fan of 40man PvP.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

I use Ctrl+Tab quite a bit in random BGs. There are many times I want to put a Wild Growth or Swiftmend somewhere in the scrum in front of me, and I don't really care who it starts on. Since I may be using my mouse to move at that moment, using key-based targeting and casting is actually more efficient than swapping back and forth between mouse movement and keyboard movement, just to start a Wild Growth.

I can see this type of targeting becoming even more useful for unglyphed shrooms (several other glyphs are far more important in PvP) and Genesis, once the next patch hits.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]