Warbringers 5.4 locks can't solo

90 Undead Warlock
After playing on the ptr for 5.4 and with the changes to soul link and soul leech I had to attempt a Warbringer since I can currently solo them on 5.3. The bad news is so far with current 525 ilvl gear I cannot solo Warbringers anymore in the lock spec with soul leech and soul link. I am hoping there will be an answer for this once other locks attempt and come with a spec or strat for the Warbringer soloing to continue. Right now the only strat i could possibly think of is kiting with affliction but with only dots it'll take a long time to down a Warbringer.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
To be honest, war bringers aren't supposed to be solo d anyway
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Yet, a DK can solo a Sha. Um...okay. That's class balance.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
08/24/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Gadsden

DKs have always been really good at soloing stuff. And he did it on Normal with the Heroic Haste buff. By a really good player. It's not like ilevel 420 ungemmed/unenchanted Frost DKs are walking into ToES and doing it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/24/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Annorroth

DKs have always been really good at soloing stuff. And he did it on Normal with the Heroic Haste buff. By a really good player. It's not like ilevel 420 ungemmed/unenchanted Frost DKs are walking into ToES and doing it.

This pretty much.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
08/24/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Gadsden

Well, they shouldn't be able to anyway. But just because they can didn't mean we should be able to as well. Trust me every class wants to be able to solo war bringers.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well, they shouldn't be able to anyway. But just because they can didn't mean we should be able to as well. Trust me every class wants to be able to solo war bringers.

And Hunters, and Shaman, and practically every other class that doesn't just suck at solo'ing.

We'll probably still be able to solo Warbringers, just not using a Voidlord and ignoring all mechanics.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Warlocks can still solo Warbringers.

Get a Overgrown Lilypad and it's more than possible to solo with both nerfed Soul Leech the changes to Soul Link.

You might need a little more gear for it than currently, but I managed to solo them pretty easily on the PTR.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Get a Overgrown Lilypad and it's more than possible to solo with both nerfed Soul Leech the changes to Soul Link.

You might need a little more gear for it than currently, but I managed to solo them pretty easily on the PTR.

That's why I mentioned my ilvl and said currently, but it is nice to hear with a high ilvl its still possible. Given your ilvl is 23 points higher than mine, that is a significant difference, I will look forward to getting a higher ilvl to solo them again. I appreciate the responses I have received on this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
08/24/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Annorroth

I don't know, I don't feel like that changes the fact that he solo'd an end tier boss... that was just last tier.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

That's why I mentioned my ilvl and said currently, but it is nice to hear with a high ilvl its still possible. Given your ilvl is 23 points higher than mine, that is a significant difference, I will look forward to getting a higher ilvl to solo them again. I appreciate the responses I have received on this thread.
I've been soloing the Warbringers since ilvl 505. I haven't used Soul link at all. They are fairly easy with the Overgrown Lilypad. My pet has come no where near death.

To make the rejuv easy with the item I use this macro:

/tar Galamotos (insert your pets name)
/cast Rejuvenation
/targetlasttarget

You can just click it and never had to target your void to heal him. With current gear at 527, I've been able to kill them without the lilypad just using health funnel to heal void when needed, it just goes alot slower.
Edited by Rhoswèn on 9/1/2013 6:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

What about a monk soloing 10h MSV dogs?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hrh1sEO35Pc
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I think you can just make the macro

/cast [target=pet] Rejuvenation
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Im sure you could do the same thing I do. I turn my pets taunt off, start shooting and running them around for 15 minutes. I have the cheetah on my side though. As a lock You would have to have run speed enchant and swiftness pots.

Since a lock can resummon a pet a lot faster than a hunter if their pet dies, use your pet as an "uh oh hes about to hurt me bad" and let it take the hits while you get kite distance. Slows work on the war bringers as far as I remember so slow the thing while you resummon another pet.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Didn't read everyone's post but I solod easily w/o soul link and when pet dies resummon him drop threat via lock portal and go about my business don't think 5.4 will change that method
Edited by Nymeria on 9/2/2013 9:20 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
Warlock pets really need a buff in 5.4.

We have no effective way of healing our pets, and yes I don't think there will be any lock soloing them anytime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Btw I've seen guardian Druids blood dks and prot/ret pallies solo warbringers just for the record
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Im only 512 and I did it on ptr.

via
Didn't read everyone's post but I solod easily w/o soul link and when pet dies resummon him drop threat via lock portal and go about my business don't think 5.4 will change that methoda
Edited by Sendro on 9/2/2013 10:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
I can solo them with my hunter on ptr with no trouble.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
Im sure you could do the same thing I do. I turn my pets taunt off, start shooting and running them around for 15 minutes. I have the cheetah on my side though. As a lock You would have to have run speed enchant and swiftness pots.

Since a lock can resummon a pet a lot faster than a hunter if their pet dies, use your pet as an "uh oh hes about to hurt me bad" and let it take the hits while you get kite distance. Slows work on the war bringers as far as I remember so slow the thing while you resummon another pet.

Demonic Gateway says Hi.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]