Jesse Cox Dave Kosak interview: Lore

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osB0_0G5N8g

A lot of stuff here, so I think it deserves it's own thread.

Here's a summary for those who would rather read:

-Blizzard announced we would kill Garrosh early on because some fans were displeased with the Pandaren and thought it would be a "funny" expansion.
-The question "Who came first? Titan or Old God" will be answered in the future.
-Blizzard couldn't fit in anything with Sylvanas/Undercity, but canonically the Kor'kron are purged from UC by 5.4.
-The Klaxxi are simply in Orgrimmar hoping Garrosh resurrects their master, Y'shaaraj.
-Dalaran was supposed to be over Orgrimmar during the SoO, but there were too many performance issues, so it was scrapped.
-The Draenei are due for some lore.
-Rexxar was going to be in Battlefield: Barrens, but Blizz ran of time.
Edited by Finaj on 8/25/2013 8:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
Bummer. it would have been really neat to see Dalaran raining hell and Rexxar dispensing the fury of the wilds.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Mage
-
Edited by Surkesh on 8/25/2013 4:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
canonicall the Kor'kron are purged from UC by 5.4.
Woot.

Too bad about Rexxar. :(
Reply Quote
87 Troll Druid

3 expansions later
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Warrior

-The question "Who came first? Titan or Old God" will be answered in the future.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

3 expansions later

NO SHHH DON'T JINX IT
Edited by Avaruu on 8/25/2013 4:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
I found the comment about the war between the Alliance and Horde being something going on now in full force rather than the huge ramp up into more to be rather disappointing.

Probably deep down, I want to see the Alliance step in more and reclaim cities back to help the progression of things because the truly, the Alliance war will never be done for the humans until there is a retake of key places and the ultimate death of the Forsaken leader.
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warrior
I found the comment about the war between the Alliance and Horde being something going on now in full force rather than the huge ramp up into more to be rather disappointing.

Probably deep down, I want to see the Alliance step in more and reclaim cities back to help the progression of things because the truly, the Alliance war will never be done for the humans until there is a retake of key places and the ultimate death of the Forsaken leader.

Never happen. Kosak said the Alliance should be happy with besieging Orgrimmar with the "rebels"(glorified war criminals and yes men who followed Garrosh until he was mean to them) and that's that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
This entire patch is so contrived. They should just make Alliance characters minions to the Horde.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
I love how the Alliance reenacting Kristallnacht is something we're supposed to be fistbumping about.

Way to go, Blizz.
Edited by Vaeridon on 8/25/2013 5:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Rogue
I hope that this means that the Orcs will actually be removed from the Undercity and the models not left there.
Edited by Banshih on 8/25/2013 8:12 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
I love how the Alliance reenacting Kristallnacht is something we're supposed to be fistbumping about.

Way to go, Blizz.

Yeah, that's not a remotely fair comparison.

Considering the blood elves actually did have lots of traitors to Dalaran in their midst, and the shopkeepers violently attack the people who come to detain them.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior

Way to go, Blizz.

Yeah, that's not a remotely fair comparison.

Considering the blood elves actually did have lots of traitors to Dalaran in their midst, and the shopkeepers violently attack the people who come to detain them.

It's an exaggeration, but the Dalaran quests left a bad taste in my mouth...

Not to mention they were the reason we didn't get a new race in the Alliance. It was nothing to fistbump over.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
-Blizzard couldn't fit in anything with Sylvanas/Undercity, but canonicall the Kor'kron are purged from UC by 5.4.

Good to know. Hope it is reflected by 5.5 or 6.0.

08/25/2013 03:57 PMPosted by Finaj
-The Klaxxi are simply in Orgrimmar hoping Garrosh resurrects their master, Y'shaaraj.

This was a given considering the ending story once you released all the Paragons and hit Exalted with the Klaxxi.

-Dalaran was supposed to be over Orgrimmar during the SoO, but there were too many performance issues, so it was scrapped.

Good. Having Dalaran over Orgrimmar would have made it near impossible for the Alliance to just 'walk away'. Also, Would the Alliance trade Dalaran back to neutral for Ashenvale and South Shore?
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Would the Alliance trade Dalaran back to neutral for Ashenvale and South Shore?

Why would there be a trade?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osB0_0G5N8g

A lot of stuff here, so I think it deserves it's own thread.

Here's a summary for those who would rather read:

-Blizzard announced we would kill Garrosh early on because some fans were displeased with the Pandaren and thought it would be a "funny" expansion.
-Blizzard couldn't fit in anything with Sylvanas/Undercity, but canonically the Kor'kron are purged from UC by 5.4.

My responses to each of those would be

- Hey guys... its a childish expansion. Those corpses hanging from the spires of Orgrimmar in the trailer are just stuffed dummies.. Right guys?... Guys?

-Neither. Its all a trick question! They are both the same age!... at least.. I think so.

-Good. I would have figured Sylvanas wasnt just sitting around brewing up plag-... i uh mean.. Cakes. Yes.. delicious, deadly cakes.

-Makes sense. I had a feeling the Klaxxi had a bigger goal in mind. Why wouldnt you want to let this "pride-poisoned" Orc resurrect your dead Master, THEN betray him. He is doing all the work for them, after all.

-Hmm.... Dalaran as a flying island fortress to rain death and destruction? Well dang. That would have been cool. Bet Thrall regrets letting Jaina not just wash away Org, but doing that would be too easy now. Least this gives us a chance to fix his mistake.

-The inner Draenai in me screams "YAY!"

-So hes just still chilling in outlands or w/e hes been? well crap. when i was questing there, he seems badas*. would have been nice to see him again.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Dalaran back to neutral for Ashenvale and South Shore?

Or we can take them both over.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk

DDDAAAMMMIIIIITTT That would have been great :<
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
08/26/2013 07:43 AMPosted by Nishåra

DDDAAAMMMIIIIITTT That would have been great :<

They had to fit Thrall in.

Priorities.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
It's an exaggeration, but the Dalaran quests left a bad taste in my mouth...

Not to mention they were the reason we didn't get a new race in the Alliance. It was nothing to fistbump over.

Yeah, but your exaggeration was offensive and nonsensical so try not to use hyperbole when dealing with a discussion as it only detracts.

Jaina's actions in Dalaran were intelligent and made sense. The Horde weren't senseless victims and she didn't go around slaughtering anyone. The only people you killed were like, scumbag thieves that robbed the bank instead of leaving.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]