Jesse Cox Dave Kosak interview: Lore

90 Draenei Death Knight
It's an exaggeration, but the Dalaran quests left a bad taste in my mouth...

Not to mention they were the reason we didn't get a new race in the Alliance. It was nothing to fistbump over.

Yeah, but your exaggeration was offensive and nonsensical so try not to use hyperbole when dealing with a discussion as it only detracts.

Jaina's actions in Dalaran were intelligent and made sense. The Horde weren't senseless victims and she didn't go around slaughtering anyone. The only people you killed were like, scumbag thieves that robbed the bank instead of leaving.

Somewhat different when you play the horde version of that. For just no reason this High Elf Mage drops a blood elf into the waters containing the segacedi shark whom promptly tears her to pieces and this was a blood elf that surrendered.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Somewhat different when you play the horde version of that. For just no reason this High Elf Mage drops a blood elf into the waters containing the segacedi shark whom promptly tears her to pieces and this was a blood elf that surrendered.

Jaina is not that High Elf.
We actively see Jaina teleporting people to detention centers. Lor'themar demands the release of his people.

It stands that the action was containment, not extermination.

http://wowpedia.org/Sorin_Magehand

Also, your attacking him is what motivates him to drop the blood elf. That is the reason. If you're asking why he would do such a thing, it probably has to do with long-standing racial tensions and Aethas' dogs resulting in the deaths of more people.
Edited by Edevyn on 8/26/2013 8:13 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
Also, your attacking him is what motivates him to drop the blood elf. That is the reason. If you're asking why he would do such a thing, it probably has to do with long-standing racial tensions and Aethas' dogs resulting in the deaths of more people.

That, and a ton of High Elves were also killed at Theramore by a Blood Elven Mana Bomb - and please don't put the blame all on Garrosh for this one, I remember in ToW the Blood Elf soldiers were basically fist-pumping when the bomb dropped.

However, I do agree that the Horde quests made the Purge look far worse than it actually was. They did not really explain the minor complication that Aethas had a chance to pull the Sunreavers out peacefully and that most were being imprisoned. It was made to look more like a massacre to give the Blood Elves a reason to hate the Kirin Tor and the Alliance again.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
It's an exaggeration, but the Dalaran quests left a bad taste in my mouth...

Not to mention they were the reason we didn't get a new race in the Alliance. It was nothing to fistbump over.

Yeah, but your exaggeration was offensive and nonsensical so try not to use hyperbole when dealing with a discussion as it only detracts.

Jaina's actions in Dalaran were intelligent and made sense. The Horde weren't senseless victims and she didn't go around slaughtering anyone. The only people you killed were like, scumbag thieves that robbed the bank instead of leaving.

...You committed mass arrests of all Blood Elves in Dalaran, killing those who resisted and attempting to hunt down all those who fled. I also remember breaking into several shops to kill the owners of said shops.

http://files.myfrogbag.com/yejghc/Picture2013826152647.jpg

I also don't see why it's offensive.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Then perhaps this is not the discussion for you.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
It's not really made clear in the quests how much Aethas or the other blood elf higher ups had to do with the stealing of the divine bell or if Aethas and rest even knew about at all let all alone if the sunreavers as whole knew about or if just a few agrents.

And Sunreavers are being mugged in the sewers. so while Jaina might of been happy to send them to jail that doesn't mean all people under her command didn't have other ideas.

And also I'm pretty sure Aethas was trying to talk to Jaina when she attacked him and sent him to him to the violet hold.

Aethas seemed beileve in Dalaran being neutral so it seems odd for him to have a hand in the divine bell being stolen or not trying to stop it if knew it was being done.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
08/26/2013 12:34 PMPosted by Saigio

There are parallels between the two, and I found the questline very difficult to fistbump over. That's in no way offensive or devaluing the historical events that transpired.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
There are parallels between the two, and I found the questline very difficult to fistbump over. That's in no way offensive or devaluing the historical events that transpired.

There are no actual parallels. Your butthurt about the quest does not count as evidence, either.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
08/26/2013 12:41 PMPosted by Surkesh

There are no actual parallels. Your butthurt about the quest does not count as evidence, either.

Alright then. Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong and will leave the topic alone.

Though I am pretty butthurt about how Blizzard threats the Alliance :/
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/26/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Vaeridon

I don't get why you think I'm Mads. Kinda confusing and deflates your entire argument as much as there being no real connection between one of many horrific acts during one of Germany's darkest period in history and a fair reaction to a betrayal with rather dangerous consequences.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I don't get why you think I'm Mads. Kinda confusing and deflates your entire argument as much as there being no real connection between one of many horrific acts during one of Germany's darkest period in history and a fair reaction to a betrayal with rather dangerous consequences.

Nah, the picture had been posted already. Not assuming you are, it was originally directed somewhere else. Apologies for the confusion.

So, you assume every Blood Elf placed under arrest, killed, and forced to flee was directly responsible for stealing the bell?
Reply Quote

...You committed mass arrests of all Blood Elves in Dalaran, killing those who resisted and attempting to hunt down all those who fled. I also remember breaking into several shops to kill the owners of said shops.

I don't know about you but every one of those blood elves aggroed me. I simply acted in self-defense.

Comparing it to Kristallnacht is silly and a little offensive because Jaina's acts were done to defend Dalaran from those who would and did betray it. She also couldn't really afford to be selective at the time. Doesn't help that Garrosh knew the Blood Elves were having talks with Varian about re-joining the Alliance. Until the Divine Bell's theft, Jaina was content for Dalaran to be a beacon of hope and cooperation between Alliance and Horde races. The theft of the Divine Bell forced her hand.

Kristallnacht was something else entirely, especially when considering its historical context. Hitler had no intentions for the Jews beyond complete, systematic eradication. Unlike with Dalaran, it was just a step of an insidious plan.
Edited by Ledaria on 8/26/2013 12:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/26/2013 12:51 PMPosted by Vaeridon

Nah, the picture had been posted already. Not assuming you are, it was originally directed somewhere else. Apologies for the confusion.

So, you assume every Blood Elf placed under arrest, killed, and forced to flee was directly responsible for stealing the bell?

Nope. But they were all ordered out of the city. Their history made them a danger, and as such, the Kirin Tor dealt with them. A little harshly, but considering their role in turning Theramore and it's people to fine dust? Not entirely unwarranted.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

The arrest was because no one could be trusted. The Blood Elves were responsible for an action, that led back to Dalaran, and had to be dealt with. Detaining them was the only logical thing to do.

But yes, the ones that attack the player are a result of self defense and the ones that you kill are almost always first red to you.

It wasn't a fist pumping moment (other than Jaina wrecking Aethas and his cronies) but it also wasn't a nightmare. Please be more responsible with your analogies.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I apologize for derailing and I'll just leave. Apologies if I offended, but considering how I was born and raised I feel as if I have the right to discuss the topic.

I just found the Alliance's actions in Dalaran nothing to be proud of, and don't like the fact Blizzard assumes it should be fistbumped over.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just found the Alliance's actions in Dalaran nothing to be proud of, and don't like the fact Blizzard assumes it should be fistbumped over.

No one is saying it is a moment of glory and heroism for the Alliance. We're just saying that Jaina isn't literally Hitler because she wanted a genuine threat removed quickly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
08/26/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Saigio

No one is saying it is a moment of glory and heroism for the Alliance. We're just saying that Jaina isn't literally Hitler because she wanted a genuine threat removed quickly.

Blizzard said that in their interview.

Though, I never said Jaina was Hitler. I was saying the events that transpired were similar to one of his actions.

(I said I was leaving, sorry >.< I just wanted to clarify.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
After Cataclysm people wanted a big Alliance moment. That was supposed to be it, but yeah it fell flat. I liked that Jaina was taking charge, but a quest later Varian is whining at her.
Reply Quote
I think it would've been a lot better if you had more Blood Elf NPC's acting defiant or rebellious against Jaina instead of just cowering in the streets waiting to be arrested.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
I think Dalaran's events would've been cool if they didn't hype people up for a 'FIST PUMP' moment. It could've been a pleasant surprise, but instead it was held up to a standard that could never be met.
Edited by Apahote on 8/26/2013 1:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]