Cataclysm 2v2 3v3 comps

80 Tauren Druid

for 2s druid rogue (YESSSSSS)

I see this as a high possibility, and given that the Battle Res timer is also being lowered to 10 min (with glyphs its free and full hp), this might make druids more attractive for certain comps.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Paladin

for 2s druid rogue (YESSSSSS)

I see this as a high possibility, and given that the Battle Res timer is also being lowered to 10 min (with glyphs its free and full hp), this might make druids more attractive for certain comps.

There is no way it will be allowed in arena.

It simply won't happen, regardless of CD.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Double BM or BM Prot war.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Gona play shaman/war. Prolly won't work well but I played it season 2-6 so I gota give it a shot again :)
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Hunter
Tripple BM hunter all with spirit beasts popping Bestial Wrath at the start of the match.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Will be looking for a good feral druid 3s comp. For 2's I'll just run with whatever good healer I can find, but 2s doesn't really matter. For 3s it all depends on who I can find, I think a lot of comps can work(including hunter/pally, spriest/rsham, afflock/rsham, and possibly even mage/priest, I don't wanna play a cleave team, as I don't see melee cleave teams having longevity in cata), just need to find good partners.
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Death Knight
I expect to see a lot of platecleave going on. Now that DKs have a considerable boost in burst, they could probably do Holy/Ret/Frost and just spam Necrotic Strike (it stacks) while a Paladin winghammers.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
I really want to run a modified TSG team with a resto shaman (myself) for bloodlust instead of a holy pally. I'll probably end up doing subrogue / unholydk / restosham again though, since that's what my friends play.
Reply Quote
Spriest/rogue in 2v2 and RMP in 3v3.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Death Knight
I expect to see a lot of platecleave going on. Now that DKs have a considerable boost in burst, they could probably do Holy/Ret/Frost and just spam Necrotic Strike (it stacks) while a Paladin winghammers.

TSG (with any non priest healer) is going to be the only cleave that still really works.

Warrior damage is absurd right now and coupled with necrotic strike it's pretty mcuh the only cleave comp that still generate a kill without spammable cc on the healer.

Caster cleaves are in the same place as non tsg melee cleaves. While the melee cleaves can't kill without cc, the caster cleaves lose potency due to all their wind up generally being dispellable.

Everything else will be melee / caster / healer because of how powerful cc is, and how powerful dispels are vs casters. Casters will need a damage dealer who's not dispel vulnerable with them in 3v3 and melee will generally want someone who can CC with them.

Things look pretty bad for ret paladins. They're the most dispel vulnerable of melee but don't have much CC, thus making them pretty terrible for a cleave or melee/caster/healer. They might still go ok with a rogue (who brings cc and is not dispel vulnerable) but thats about it for ret.

I predict a fair amount of RShPS, RLS, RMS, TSG (with any non priest healer), shadowcleave, mage + any melee + heals, etc.

RMP will probably be in there as well as soon as Disc get's buffed up.
Edited by Shunyata on 11/12/2010 9:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warlock
QQ incoming, sPriest/destruc lock for 2 s, sPriest/rShaamn/dLock for 3s :)
Reply Quote
81 Dwarf Shaman
Is it just me or is Ele kinda out of most comps? Ele doesn't have a great amount of CC other then Hex which has a 30s CD with the glyph. Also the main reason you bring Eles are for Heroism/BL which you could just bring a mage instead who has polymorph which is a way better CC then Hex and more control overall i.e roots/snares

Am I alone on thinking this?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I except Beast Cleave to actually be pretty good this season seeing how enh is starting to look up...but BM hunters are just down right amazing and with hero my god, and druids CCs

My 2 cents :)
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
PMR will Dominate

Mage Bloodlust, Leap of Faith, Smoke Bomb plus that wall thing mage do not sure what it is.

Oh and the priest aeo bubble, although it seems pretty useless in beta

Then again so so Disc Priest but once blizz find the balance with them PMR will be amazing.

and i hope TSG is looking good but what else will go with a warrior i need pointers guys :)

Edit: Resto Shaman, Warrior will be strong also.
Edited by Tior on 11/16/2010 3:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Orc Hunter
Wow no hunter love for the arenas on the upcomming season :(
Reply Quote
85 Troll Mage
Enh/Frost Mage because I can.
Reply Quote
80 Human Death Knight
DK/Boomkin/Rshammy

frost is good for CC with HC but lacks what unholy can with disease prevention, unholy you can do unholy sub blood for the 1min CD on Strangulate and dont need lichborne with grounding totem from shammy, boomkin got the AoE silence and i can DG them back in it and hero is always nice with gargoyle and starfall
Edited by Unwieldly on 11/16/2010 5:08 AM PST
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Hunter
the main reason you bring Eles are for Heroism/BL

Shears, totems, offheals, T-storm are all pretty nice to have on your side...

Be careful not to overlook defensive utility just because a certain class/spec doesn't have a spam-able cc and the ability to "lol you down", which ele's did have mind you. :-D
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]