Shaman Heals

90 Orc Shaman
I think that shaman heals should be blue. Since shamans heals with the element of water, (the nature ones i suppose can be green) and the color of water is blue, the heals should be blue for shamans.

/sign
I'd rather a consistent water/wave animation, along with the naming convention. I'll sign for blue heals.
85 Draenei Shaman
I think healing surge would have been a nice candidate for a blue heal. They changed the name after all. Too bad they didn't make it blue :(
70 Draenei Death Knight
I 100% agree. It's total crap that Druids and Shamans share healing animations when Paladin and Priest basic healing animations have always been different despite the fact that they're both Light based.

Water is the Shaman's healing element. Their spell animations should reflect that.
85 Goblin Shaman
It would be a good change. It was weird that all the wave spells were green and at the same time my chain heal was colored as though I was casting a holy spell.

/sign
80 Night Elf Druid
A problem lies in the fact that Shaman spells were originally made green because counter spelling a shaman heal is supposed to lock out the nature school. Which includes lightning spells, earth shock, wind shear, etc.

I'd be all for the thematic change to water heals, but Blizzard would then have to consider re-arranging various class mechanics for balance purposes. Since as it is, there are no water-based spells with a cast time in the shaman arsenal because their two primary spell schools are supposed to be Nature and Fire.

The design is also supposed to go hand-in-hand with the rest of the game's design thematics: There are two light-based healers, and two nature-based healers. It's just one example of the symmetry Blizzard imposed upon it's initial design.

And despite all the drastic changes made to Warcraft, Blizzard has still mostly stuck to the game's original design foundation.
85 Dwarf Shaman
The color of a spell has nothing to do with the actual school of magic it is derived from, Draile. There is nothing preventing shaman heals from being blue which would impact gameplay in the slightest. I also highly, highly doubt it has anything to do with thematics.

/vote for blue heals
90 Blood Elf Warlock
A problem lies in the fact that Shaman spells were originally made green because counter spelling a shaman heal is supposed to lock out the nature school. Which includes lightning spells, earth shock, wind shear, etc.

I'd be all for the thematic change to water heals, but Blizzard would then have to consider re-arranging various class mechanics for balance purposes. Since as it is, there are no water-based spells with a cast time in the shaman arsenal because their two primary spell schools are supposed to be Nature and Fire.

Nothing has to change other than colors and spell effects, still all nature school.

Shaman heals are already water-based for the most part (spell names, talents, riptide/GHW effects, etc). Its actually out of place that HS and HW just have the Druid's leafy spell effect. imho I just think its an old outdated effect that could use a quick tune up (like all the tooltip changes lololol).
85 Night Elf Druid
Blue shaman heals would be phenomenal. Every time a thread for this pops up it gets an overwhelmingly positive response. So positive, in fact, that GC said that with the new glyph system they planned on giving us a minor glyph (this is back when he said these glyphs would actually be fun and cosmetic... should've known that wouldn't stay true) that would make our heals blue... obviously, that didn't follow through.

I DEMAND THE BLUE HEAL GLYPH I WAS PROMISED!
85 Tauren Priest

Keep in mind Chain Heal was originally yellow instead of the yellow/green beam that it is now. :) That said, still fully in support of using blue "bubbly" animations instead of a "friendly insect swarm" type of graphic that some of the shaman heals use now. It doesn't at all mean it'd have to change from nature-school spells, either, it's just a cosmetic change.
80 Night Elf Druid
Except Blizzard, from a design stand point, considers things from a cosmetic stand point while considering them from a gameplay stand point.

Think back to Blizzcon when they talked about their color schemes a bit. Green is nature, but Yellowish-green is Fel. Red is demonic, and so on and so forth.

Deep blue is frost. Blizzard probably doesn't sit well with the idea of a new player getting confused and thinking they're counter spelling a shaman out of their "water school" when they're really taking out the nature school.

And you all know that if it was just a cosmetic change as you said there would be dumb shaman coming onto the forums and complaining about not being able to cast Lightning bolt or Earth shock or something when their heals are countered.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blue shaman heals would be phenomenal. Every time a thread for this pops up it gets an overwhelmingly positive response. So positive, in fact, that GC said that with the new glyph system they planned on giving us a minor glyph (this is back when he said these glyphs would actually be fun and cosmetic... should've known that wouldn't stay true) that would make our heals blue... obviously, that didn't follow through.

I DEMAND THE BLUE HEAL GLYPH I WAS PROMISED!

This is a great idea. I rather have a blue heal option instead of a white coyote option any day.
85 Tauren Priest
The nice thing is we now have the option to officially Like this idea [which, by the way, might make a better impression than pages of /signed]. ^^
Edited by Believe on 11/6/2010 2:19 PM PDT
81 Blood Elf Priest
Well. Greater Healing Wave is blue (casting animation is still green). and Riptide did get an updated animation to be more watery. So there's that.
86 Draenei Shaman
The water theme is great, I'd be thrilled if they continued with it. As it stands 4 of our active heals will have a water(ish) theme: GHW, RT, CH, Healing Rain, so why not complete the set?
90 Orc Shaman
Shamans do use the elements. That's what they're all about, the water element is the element of healing, and blue is water, obviously. So why would our heals not be blue? Shamans in my opinion should not be using the druid healing animation since druids heal with nature and shamans heal with water.
85 Tauren Warrior
Technically water is transparent, but we get what you mean. =P
I would also love for my shaman's heals to look and sound more like the element they're intended to be.
Although, I think chain heal is fine as it is; it was yellow in wc3 after all.
90 Goblin Shaman

Although, I think chain heal is fine as it is; it was yellow in wc3 after all.

I will accept this logic when I have spirit link =)
85 Troll Priest
They should make the heal target get dripping wet when healed by a shaman, too.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]