Shaman Heals

90 Goblin Shaman
/votes for blue/water heals
85 Draenei Shaman
I've always thought it would make sense to be a part of the water (Frost) school for our healing. I would love to see massive amounts of water being distributed throughout the raid as I heal :p
80 Troll Shaman
/signed
85 Draenei Shaman
I would love some blue heals!
85 Gnome Mage
Technically water is transparent, but we get what you mean. =P
I would also love for my shaman's heals to look and sound more like the element they're intended to be.
Although, I think chain heal is fine as it is; it was yellow in wc3 after all.

actually technically water is blue O.o
it only seems clear in small amounts

I would go either way blue or nature but I rather dislike similar animations between classes
Edited by Zaeloth on 11/16/2010 6:10 PM PST
85 Orc Death Knight
i think blue heals on my shaman would be epic, and a few of u typ WAY to much
90 Draenei Shaman
Technically water is transparent, but we get what you mean. =P
I would also love for my shaman's heals to look and sound more like the element they're intended to be.
Although, I think chain heal is fine as it is; it was yellow in wc3 after all.

actually technically water is blue O.o
it only seems clear in small amounts

This ^^
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-does-the-ocean-appear
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_of_water
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Why_ocean_seems_to_be_blue_when_water_is_colorless

Also, blue heals would be amazing.
/sign
85 Blood Elf Warlock
I agree. Shaman heals should be blue/have a water effect. Make it so blizz!
80 Draenei Shaman
/sign

Also, liked the OP. Best way to get these posts addressed or stickied etcetera is the new up-rate system
80 Draenei Shaman
Except Blizzard, from a design stand point, considers things from a cosmetic stand point while considering them from a gameplay stand point.

^ Truth. GC admitted this about a year and a half ago when he wouldn't balance a major aspect of the game by implementing a specific code change because of the effect it would have on artwork.

I know, I was completely dumbfounded too by his response. That's when I gave up.

EDIT: I don't really mind the color of them atm. I like Chain Heal being Yellow/Greenish. Plus I'm just happy they implemented my healing rain idea.
Edited by Deathpony on 11/17/2010 1:18 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
They should make the heal target get dripping wet when healed by a shaman, too.

Whenever I used Riptide, I always imagined my Shaman walking over to the character and dumping a bucket of water on their head. "There. Now you're healed. Stop crying."
90 Pandaren Shaman
Typhoon for a wave of healing, be awesome :D
Edited by Piffix on 5/10/2013 11:45 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Shaman
Blue shaman heals would be phenomenal. Every time a thread for this pops up it gets an overwhelmingly positive response. So positive, in fact, that GC said that with the new glyph system they planned on giving us a minor glyph (this is back when he said these glyphs would actually be fun and cosmetic... should've known that wouldn't stay true) that would make our heals blue... obviously, that didn't follow through.

I DEMAND THE BLUE HEAL GLYPH I WAS PROMISED!

This is a great idea. I rather have a blue heal option instead of a white coyote option any day.

My thoughts exactly.
/signed
This sounds like a fantastic idea! While we're at it they should change lightning bolt to be an actual lightning bolt from the sky that trails across the ground toward your target, less copied druid spells the better imo.
...Blizzard probably doesn't sit well with the idea of a new player getting confused and thinking they're counter spelling a shaman out of their "water school" when they're really taking out the nature school.

I feel like a player smart enough to counter-spell another caster would be smart enough to know the school. Or at least the overall thought process: If I lock this guy out of a heal, his heals will be affected.
If it's a player spamming a lock-out for #@%*s and giggles, then I'm sure they could just care less.

And on that note, I'd love to see blue shaman heals. :)

Edited by Micaila on 11/18/2010 1:13 PM PST
/sign
/sign
/sign
/sign
/sign
and again
/sign
4 Night Elf Hunter

For some reason whenever this idea is brought up, we're back in vanilla again and the only way to tell if somebody is casting a heal in pvp is to focus in on the feint glow coming from their hands. Enemy cast bars are part of the default UI now, you know exactly what spell is being cast.

Judging by Blizzard's comments on colour themes at Blizzcon, I think it still matters a great deal to Blizzard what color spell effects are. It's also a goal of theirs to make battles, particularly PVP battles, easier to follow for those un-initiated to the game. Consistent spell animations are important for that.

Even if somebody were to be misinformed and think they were interrupting a non-existent "water" school of magic, their only problem would be in what they are calling the school of magic they are locking. They are at no disadvantage, healing and offensive nature spells would be locked out.

Except it would still be a confusion; it wouldn't make sense for the frost/water school to block out lightning spells, Earth Shock or Wind Shear.

Every magic-based class has two primary schools of magic they go with. Shaman are kind of an exception because of what their class is. Perhaps it would be more apt(but a screw up of game balance?) if heals were just moved over to the frost tree.

You do realize we already have plenty of water animations in the game, yes? That already adds a level of "confusion" in the game anyway. The Nature school already has a lot going on, I think having lightning based skills that don't have green hands are more confusing than water in the Nature school.

All we want is for the few remaining spells to also be water-themed. Blue hands should be in the game, and anyone looking at my hands 30yds away to see what spell school I'm casting should gtfo.

I don't think the water heals should be in the frost school, to me they're very different. We already have plant, earth, and lightning type spells in the school, adding a true water and not ice aspect to the school fits in imo.
86 Draenei Shaman
This sounds like a fantastic idea! While we're at it they should change lightning bolt to be an actual lightning bolt from the sky that trails across the ground toward your target, less copied druid spells the better imo.

I dunno, I kinda like it coming from my hands/weapons
90 Orc Shaman
What gets me is that us shamans have the green leafy animations for most of our heals.. And even a holy animation for chain heal! I don't want to be the same as druids as we heal from different sources. I demand our own healing animations/colors as a shaman!

I dunno, I kinda like it coming from my hands/weapons

Any way would work, just the first thing i thought of, as long as it doesn't look like Wrath, if i recall they're pretty similar. A lot of spells could use a graphics update, but I think blizz is getting there eventually. Warlocks got an update on their drains, and druids with their forms. Perhaps we just have to wait our turn, I'm sure they're very busy atm, no time to worry about such things as we do.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]