Question about ending of The Shattering (spoi

85 Human Paladin
Couldn't fit the title in the title window so I'll warn now about possible spoilers and whatnot, read at your own risk.

So I just wrapped up the book and I was confused as to who the person or thing was that was breaking into Drek'thar's lodging? Was this clearly answered at any point and I simply missed it or is it currently up to speculation as to whom the culprit is?

Thank you.
Reply Quote
25 Blood Elf Paladin
The Alliance battleground group?

Seriously, the book cut off right before Drek said "Dammit, not again."
Reply Quote
The person most likely is a really, really big dragon named Deathwing.

The door is not litterally a door, but a barrier between deepholm and Azeroth. So Drek'thar is "Far seeing" that Deathwing is breaking the Barrier and he is screaming don't let him through.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Thank you for the explanation. I appreciate it.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Mage
I think Drek'thar was being metaphorical by saying someone is breaking the door down, don't let him in! meaning "Deathwing is breaking out! stop him!"

but that is my 2 coppers.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
What if it was actually Deathwing in Human Form?

Because at the end of the book, The Shattering has actually taken place, I believe.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I thought it could be Cho'gall.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Shaman
My impression is that it's a vision and will happen at some point in the future. What it could be? Could be any number of things really.
Reply Quote
Maybe it's Sargeras, during the "War against the Light and the Darkness" that's supposed to take place on Azeroth.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
No...not yet....but its about to

Yeh it was a metaphor for Deathwing. The Shattering ends right before Deathwing breaks through
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]