BoP?

90 Pandaren Shaman
When people are calling for a pally healer to "BoP" them, don't they mean HoP now? If I recollect, BoP causes the tank to lose all threat. What am I missing?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
BoP removes things like bleed effects and stacking debuffs. Most tanks, if they are wise, have a macro that allows them to cancel the BoP as soon as it is cast on them. Then they taunt the boss back immediately before the boss runs off. You the player should never notice it happening.
Edited by Tiesha on 8/29/2013 3:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
BoP just sounds better than HoP I guess. One thing that's made pally tanks so powerful this tier is that they can just B(H)oP themselves and solo tank fights they shouldn't be able too. Gaining just a buttload of vengence which translates into healing with battle healer/SoI
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm an idiot, I just did some research (should have done that to begin with) and BoP no longer exists, it was replaced with HoP... So yeah, when the tank calls for a "BoP" he really means "HoP". :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Its the same ability used to be called a blessing of protection instead of hand.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Pretty much. We say BoP because that's what we've been calling it the past couple years.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Pretty much. We say BoP because that's what we've been calling it the past couple years.

^
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
All us old school pallies still say BoP. I am too arrogant to change my ways too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Plus...."bop me" sounds way way better then "hop me"

I sorta compare it to leap of faith. People almost always call it lifegrip, probably because "lomg ice wall leap of faith me!!1!" is a bit of a mouthful to get out when the excrement hits the fan
Edited by Mythrose on 9/3/2013 10:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
09/03/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Mythrose
Plus...."bop me" sounds way way better then "hop me"

Know that either can be easily misconstrued if taken out of context. ;)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Know that either can be easily misconstrued if taken out of context. ;)

Which is most of the fun! I still giggle a bit inside whenever i hear someone ask for it, gotta say.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ya, it's Hand of Protection now, but it use to be called Blessing of Protection. Because of that it is was called BoP and a lot of people still use BoP instead of HoP (like me). Also it is VERY useful to remove certain effects from tanks. Can make a raid fight sooooooooooo much easier.
Reply Quote
If I recollect, BoP causes the tank to lose all threat. What am I missing?

That is still the case. You wanna have your tank /cancelaura or rightclick the buff. If he's too lazy or ignorant (not unusual with pugs) cast a Hand of Freedom directly after, this will cancel HoP immediately.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]