Druids need to stop trying

50 Human Priest
So beyond tired of being called a crappy healer because the bear dies as soon as I stop spamming flash heal on them. Last 10 levels Ive had nothing but bear tanks, not a single one with a boa in sight. If I stop spamming for even a half a second they drop like stones in a pond.

So ya if you roll a druid please to god don't be a bear. I'm tired of being called crap because the class cant take a hit.

EDIT: This is a rant, I had to say something or I was gonna start flipping !@#$...
Edited by Iflashsilver on 8/29/2013 6:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Bad players do not a bad class make.

I've leveled two druids as bears, one without heirlooms, and had no problems being kept alive with minimal healing.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Are you sure they were actually guardian spec?
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
All tanks played badly can be hard to heal. Have you tried healing a badly played monk? It's astonishing the damage they take. And every leveling healer has horror stories about new DK 'tanks' who are thrown into the queues in the 60s.
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
Elethia: I was blaming the class for lack of any sort of defensive abilties except extra armor and dodge mechanics at lower levels

Jasmine: Some of them were I am sure because I inspected at least half of them, the other half I can not say.

Sarakatawen: I'm aware that all tanks played badly are hard to heal it seems though that druids and monks tend to be the worst when played badly. I blame monk's strange reliance on shuffle and guard being used on cd(which no low level monk ever does), and druid's from one of their two defensives being an increase to dodge of all things, and the other being a heal.

Yes The horror's of that place scar my eyes even today, so many blood dk's, so much fail.
Reply Quote
20 Dwarf Hunter
08/29/2013 06:50 PMPosted by Iflashsilver
being called a crappy healer

So, link and explain then they shut up and you can move on.

What does this mean, just link the heals to them and explain what it means. If they continue to run their suckholes, vtk. It really is that easy, most of the time when I do this they shut up and leave, or shut up and start playing correctly.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Shaman
This is complete nonsense. If you are having trouble healing bear tanks, perhaps you should look at your methodology. Played properly, all tanks are easy to keep up at your levels.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
I often wonder what percentage of these rants are even accurate.
Reply Quote
71 Troll Druid
Hey man, that's racist against bears.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Elethia: I was blaming the class for lack of any sort of defensive abilties except extra armor and dodge mechanics at lower levels

the spec has the needed mechanics, bad players are just bad
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
08/29/2013 10:36 PMPosted by Kneanderthal
being called a crappy healer

So, link and explain then they shut up and you can move on.

What does this mean, just link the heals to them and explain what it means. If they continue to run their suckholes, vtk. It really is that easy, most of the time when I do this they shut up and leave, or shut up and start playing correctly.

I stopped doing that after 3 levels of trying to explain why they dropped

This is complete nonsense. If you are having trouble healing bear tanks, perhaps you should look at your methodology. Played properly, all tanks are easy to keep up at your levels.

Its not so much that I cant do it it just reduces down to shield when you can, pop inner focus and a flash heal if moving greater heal if not, spam penance on CD on the tank, Flash heal when needed.

The point stands when I stop healing for any amount of time they drop.

I often wonder what percentage of these rants are even accurate.

I can't say about anyone else's rant but mine is true. I've mained disk since level 10 about 2 weeks ago.(I Don't level this toon often) I have a shadow off-spec that I poke around with in pvp. I have not had this level of difficulty with any other healing class at any level.

I get frustrated with Druid Bears because their main defensive is an armor increase and a dodge increase at lower levels. They get regeneration at a higher level, those are literally their only defensives.

Like I said it was a rant I didn't expect anyone to bother responding to it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I've mained disk since level 10 about 2 weeks ago
Reply Quote
83 Night Elf Druid
At level 40ish Bears are excellent at damage mitigation. Bad players playing tank, that's it.
Reply Quote
33 Human Warlock
The synergy with a bear requires hots it seems to me. Only hot you got as a disc priest is renew and using that doesn't play up your strengths. (Smite is a low level heal too remember. You could have used Spirit Shell and Greater Heal or POH if you have it.)

I was in 3 dungeons with a bear and none of us had BOA's. The bear decided to pull a whole room and wanted me to use Hellfire which I did and had fun doing. Everything died.
A resto druid was healing. It was so much fun!

The bear tank was being called 'crappy' when I zoned into the first dungeon. A vote kick went out. I told group I never ever vote kick anyone especially in low level dungeons.
There's just so much to learn in them.

The bear tank says, 'I know who I'm letting die'. LOL

After 3 runs with that bear he was more confident even though he said wanted to get swipe.
I told him the best groups are supportive of the tank. We had fun.

PS My 5 y/o grandson tanks on his 2 blood dk's and I hope you never get him as your tank to heal coz he will make you want to quit WOW.
Edited by Noobhat on 8/30/2013 10:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I've leveled two druids as bears

25% bs. You were a kitty half the time on one of your druids. :)

There are a few problems with bears, though. Some of the problems overlap with monks, so I'm mostly comparing to warriors/paladins. DKs don't get thrown into the mix until the later-ish levels.

-No self-sustain in bear form at early levels. The first ability we get to heal ourselves without shifting out of bear form is our level 30 talent, which is a moderate-long cooldown. Meanwhile, paladins get WoG at 9 and warriors get victory rush (which they can chain in dungeons if they know what they're doing) at 5.

-Our active mitigation, savage defense, mechanic offers little secondary incentive (compared to, say, ShoTR, which is a damage increase) and 60 rage is a reasonably hefty cost at low levels when our RPS generation is pretty poor. Because of this, SD uptime will generally be poor, and bad/inexperienced bears will probably also not have the rage pooled when they need it.

-Less damage than other tanks, especially at lower levels. Having to tank things for longer means we take more damage, too. Also means bears may have to spend more effort than other classes trying to maintain threat, leaving less attention to staying alive.

-No tigers. This wouldn't really fix anything mechanical, but any list of defects of a non-monk class on the healer forums would be woefully incomplete without a shameless plug for tiger equality. BLIZZARD GIEF TIGERS NAO.

Generally speaking, though, at early levels, bears can rejuv themselves pre-pull and be fine - it does a ridiculous amount of healing relative to our health pool. Even shifting out for one GCD to cast it isn't that bad, because the damage that mobs in dungeons do isn't designed around tanks holding threat on everything. It's not pretty and it's not good training for high levels, but it gets the job done.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I just tell them I can't keep them up with the rate they are taking damage and that's that. You'll get these at all levels, which is why we have our little story thread :)
Reply Quote
50 Human Priest
Honestly none of them had problems with agro except for one at level 37 who just couldn't keep agro off of a pally who was just destroying everything.

I think you all are misunderstanding my meaning. I can keep them alive fine except when they try to chain pull 3 or so rooms, but that's more of a latency issue on my end. My complaint was being called shiity or bad because I have to fear off from something chewing me in the face or Losing the tank for a few seconds when they round a corner and I'm trying to catch up.

My rant was the fact if I stop healing for even half a second they drop, not their overall ability to stay alive. I can keep them up if nothing goes wrong, but if I have a large latency spike, they LoS me while I'm catching up, Basically anything goes wrong and well we have a dead tank and a warrior or a paladin tanking which dont drop below 75% health even if I stop healing them.

Edit:Oxcila or priest above this post if I spelled your name wrong. I know about the story thread I've posted about it on 2 of my different healers.
Edited by Iflashsilver on 8/30/2013 1:50 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Um, if they're chain pulling 3 rooms, that's fairly bad play at that level and they probably deserve to die.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
You were a kitty half the time on one of your druids. :)

Not when we were in dungeons! I don't think so, anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Not when we were in dungeons! I don't think so, anyway.

Nah, we considered switching for dungeons, but then decided we wouldn't get any questing done if we had both a tank and healer queueing at the same time.

I also remember not being able to beat you and your stupid polearm on dps. :<
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]