Warlock void walker solo warbringer with ease

86 Night Elf Hunter
I just watched a void walker with 170k health tank a warbringer and it's health never moved from 100%

Is this working as intended?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Can't every class solo them? Doesn't really seem like an issue.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
I just watched a void walker with 170k health tank a warbringer and it's health never moved from 100%

Is this working as intended?

properly spec'd yes, working as intended
Reply Quote
59 Tauren Warrior
Would you be more, or less outraged if the warlock tanked it himself? I'm just trying to envision a scenario in which the lock solos a warbringer without you gettin all mad.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
tlc
At 500 ilvl my warlock had to move the Voidlord to avoid the Spirit. At 525 it can just sit in one place and take it.

Working as Intended.
Reply Quote

Tanks and kiters can. If you're melee or a ranged without an effective warbringer-kiting toolbox you're gonna need to bring a friend.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
08/30/2013 03:42 PMPosted by Nakhara

Tanks and kiters can. If you're melee or a ranged without an effective warbringer-kiting toolbox you're gonna need to bring a friend.

I can solo them as ret. Most ranged at least have dots or some instant cast.

The only ones that might not be able to are rogues, but they have shuriken toss and deadly throw.

It might take a long time, but I think everyone could manage to get them down.
Reply Quote
96 Human Death Knight
#workingasintended
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
It might take a long time, but I think everyone could manage to get them down.

Might be possible with gear now. I haven't tried in a while but they hit like trucks on non-tanks.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
It's how several talents and abilities complement one another so well there.

Soul Link divides the damage between your pet and yourself, such that both you and the pet will die at about the same time. Your health pools stay relatively close to one another. Void Shield reduces that incoming damage by a big chunk. Soul Leach absorbs even more of that damage. Twilight Ward absorbs the damage you take from Soul Link.

Combined, all those abilities mean that the Warbringer is doing basically squat to you.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
And the Voidwalker -I should add, Gorkag- knows how to shift to the rear when a cast strike is about to land in a forward cone. They gave pets/minions a type of intuitive basic AI.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
And the Voidwalker -I should add, Gorkag- knows how to shift to the rear when a cast strike is about to land in a forward cone. They gave pets/minions a type of intuitive basic AI.

That affects them?

I assumed my VL always just ate it. The Warbringer never turned around after a cast.
Edited by Gorkag on 8/30/2013 4:00 PM PDT
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Hunter
I am not mad. I am just curious if that is working as intended. I remember lock's soloing the Sarathon +3.
Reply Quote
93 Troll Hunter
i have only recently come back to wow, my warlock has been 90 for about a week I guess

It constantly amazes me what voidy can tank without tanking any damage, I can do so much stuff that I am not really geared enough to do thanks to Mr Voidwalker

edit: he is also a threat machine, it too funny to pull extra mobs and watch them make a beeline for me and then just veer off and attack the voidwalker instead for no apparent reason
Edited by Derjager on 8/30/2013 4:09 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]