Mistweaver monks not using available AOE

100 Night Elf Druid
In lfr it's different: there's not enough damage to do proper healing, the only way you look good on meters is if there's an insane amount of damage, you're the only healer, tanks do somthing interesting (Like this: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/025nazcpzi27ryzx/sum/healingDone/?s=10253&e=10611) Or if you get a silly lfr and there's just everything flying every which way

But yeah, wait till you get into a normal before you draw conclusions. Generally chi torp is great on 25man. 10man, not so much except for a few fights such as megeara and iron qon :)

is perfect example of :

LFR healing is almost always:

1-2 people doing the lion's share
1-3 people dpsing even though they queued to heal
1-2 people doing not much because they dont know how to play/are afk

If you are the person always #1, then congrats, you are the person who will always be carrying your LFR group. 1-2 very competent healers is more than sufficient for most LFR encounters.

often people will notice, and thank you. bask in this glory.

:P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LA
Chi torpedo should never be above 3rd in your healing done.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I get that it's LFR, and even doing msv and toes 10 man, with chi torpedo as my main aoe heal, I'm still reaching 60-70k HPS. Even above the priest and Druid we were with. Their item levels were slightly above mine.

I get that it's LFR, and even doing msv and toes 10 man, with chi torpedo as my main aoe heal, I'm still reaching 60-70k HPS.

with chi torpedo as my main aoe heal, I'm still reaching 60-70k HPS

with chi torpedo as my main aoe heal

If chi torpedo is your main aoe heal, you're doing it very wrong.
Reply Quote
hi!

I'm that other MW who loves to criss-cross the raid party with Chi Torpedo.
I only ever worry about the other healers when we seem to be having difficulties.

After taking a few months off and only recently healing again, I;m happy to say that I've still got it!
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I've been in more than a few LFR's where I'm literally doing 50% of the healing or myself and one other healer are doing almost all of it. Most LFR healers are obscure alts just trying to get a faster queue for their dps gear. With the loot spec change in 5.3, the quality of healers in LFR has dropped through the floor.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
One time for kicks our guild took like 10 people in to lfr, with all 6 healer spots que'd. our hpally and myself 2-healed qon, twins, and leishen. And out output was still lower then it was on a typical 10man H farm night. The honest answer is people don't min/max in lfr, because they don't need to.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
It's not that they don't min/max, its that they don't even try. There's always going to be 2-3 healers who just spam one ability the entire time, or don't even do that. They just sit there afk or throw a single spell out once in a while. Unless the group wipes because of lack of healing. They'll get a free, welfare-esque ride to gear through lfr. The real healers will always carry them cause there's no loot competition.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
With the loot spec change in 5.3, the quality of healers in LFR has dropped through the floor.

I'd think this would actually increase quality, since before if someone wanted off-spec gear they'd be forced to queue with their (possibly) terrible off-spec.

It's not that they don't min/max, its that they don't even try.

Bads will just call you a tryhard/lfr hero/etc if you embarrass them too much.
Edited by Rexoss on 8/29/2013 6:26 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
It's not that they don't min/max, its that they don't even try. There's always going to be 2-3 healers who just spam one ability the entire time, or don't even do that. They just sit there afk or throw a single spell out once in a while. Unless the group wipes because of lack of healing. They'll get a free, welfare-esque ride to gear through lfr. The real healers will always carry them cause there's no loot competition.

I can't say I've seen nearly as much of this from healers as dps. Maybe it's because I generally do lfrs on Tuesday afternoons right after the reset but I almost always see 6 healers well ahead of everyone else on healing done, hps, etc. This generally means the hps numbers are fairly unimpressive due to not actually needing all that healing but it also makes for runs with very few deaths.

On the flip side, I regularly see dps doing well below 50k in ToT and even lower in the earlier raids which is pretty sad since I can beat that just doing a two button rotation in my healing spec. I understand seeing bad numbers in heroics because gear is a thing but anyone with enough gear to get into ToT should have no trouble breaking 50k dps with even minimal lolfr effort.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
i fistweave 100% no matter the situation on my mw during LFR because, well why not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]