Resto shaman, easiest healer?

83 Orc Shaman
Been asking healers for advice on what healer to main, ive tried all healers but not max level. Alot of these people said shammy is easier and lower skill cap then pally, and one said shammys are super easier then all other classes. Compared to other classes what is the pvp skill floor and skill cap compared to other healers?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
From what i understand about pvp in its current state and how it was when i did arenas earlier in the expansion, a resto shaman has a lot of trouble when their teammates aren't willing to peel properly for them. It is much easier for the opposing team to train a resto shaman than most other healers imo. But to answer your question healing in arena is pretty simple from a mechanical perception, big heals and totems, however it can be quite frustrating if you are just getting trained into the ground every game and cant even get more than a couple casts off. I haven't personally played any other healing classes in arena this expansion, unless you count 5.1 Spriests >.> so I'm not sure how they play.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Resto druids are pretty easy to heal with, once you get the hang of it...

If resto shammys are anything like when I last played them in WoTLK, I suppose they're easier than druid.

TBH, almost all specs these days are easy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I still believe that of the healing specs I've played this expansion (druid, holy priest, disc priest, shaman) they all fall under the easy to pick up, hard to master.

For me, disc feels the easiest, but then again I've been playing disc>holy since tbc. (I may have been disc for pve in tbc because i thought pain supp was cool. not even gonna lie.)

Edit - I can only speak from a PVE stand point. The only healer I've played in pvp has been disc priest.
Edited by Zolvolt on 9/3/2013 12:40 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It depends one what style of healing you want to rely on. I personally wish shamans had more instant heals, but we have mostly a bunch of big ones with casting times. I believe holy paladins rock in the instant heals department, but don't quote me on that as I don't play one. If you want to rely mainly on heal-over-times, then make a druid.
Reply Quote
93 Pandaren Monk
Shamans are for healers what Warlocks are for DPSers. They are the easiest class to use but probably the hardest to master.

Having all classes at 90 i would order them, from the easiest to the hardest, like: Shaman, Disc Priest, Druid, Holy Priest, Paladin, Monk.

Monk is at the top for me because mana can vanish if you dont know what you are doing ... The others have more room for mistakes.
Reply Quote
Everyone who's said "class X" is the easiest or hardest is wrong. It depends entirely on personal playstyle and what you're comfortable with.

If you're really comfortable with a reactive healing style, shammy might be a better fit for you. If you like proactive styles, you're probably better off with a disc priest or pally. If you're someone who prefers a maintenance heavy class, try druid.

Play something you're comfortable with and you like. If you base your decision on what someone else tells you is the easiest class to play, you're more than likely to end up disappointed.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]