PVE fury warriors 5.4

91 Human Priest
So I have a shadow priest and noticed their PVE dps was really low on the totem pole. Im about to get my warrior to 90 and PVE fury with him. You think fury warriors PVE going to be more viable come 5.4?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
A little more, they've made some changes so Arms is kind of crazy AoE DPS, and deep wounds hurts for more, but beyond that I wouldn't hold my breath. GC keeps on saying how he thinks Fury needs better damage and they're looking at the numbers, but he also says he doesn't think Fury needs mechanic changes, so honestly he's a bit useless in regards to us.

Edit: Completely forgot about RPPMs.
Edited by Vera on 8/27/2013 12:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Fury warriors in 5.4 are exactly the same as they are now, unless you count dual wielding polearms a buff. Yay.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
The changes to RPPM mechanics bring down most of the specs that did crazy damage with them, which was a big reason why we didn't seem so all that great.

We're in a much better state overall in 5.4.
Reply Quote
91 Human Priest
What does RPPM mechanics stand for, I am coming back from not playing for over 2 years so forgive me.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Real Procs Per Minute. The trinkets in Throne were changed over to that system.

Long story short, they didn't work as well for us compared to some other classes (locks, rogues, etc).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What does RPPM mechanics stand for, I am coming back from not playing for over 2 years so forgive me.

Basically, classes that can actually derive benefit from haste- locks, frost mages, rogues, enhance shamans- could exploit the RPPM mechanic because RPPM trinkets scaled with haste. So, the more haste you have the higher uptime you have on trinkets and some of the trinkets- think Woosholay/Rentakki give you ridiculously high intellect and agi buffs. Couple that with a high haste stat and said classes pull enormous numbers.

Fury warriors on the other hand avoid haste at all costs, so we benefit very little from this mechanic. But with 5.4, they are nerfing RPPM- haste no longer scales with it.

That being said- I know rogues are getting buffs to compensate for the RPPM nerf, pretty hefty ones at that. Don't particularly understand this- shamans will likely need them just as much but instead they are just nerfbating shams hard.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
IMO if u want higher dps go spriest not warrior.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Warrior
idk what every one is complaining about, im constantly in top 5 or 3 in DPS on tank and spank fights.

Sure thats in LFR raids but every one in there is also in the same gear if not better.

Just learn how to manage CD and rotation.

The other night i did and average of 82k DPS on koopa, turtle boss in ToT
Reply Quote
91 Night Elf Warrior

82k DPS on koopa, turtle boss in ToT

lol
Reply Quote
92 Human Warrior
He's probably referring to LFR. 82k being top 5 in LFR is perfectly normal.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
not for an aoe fight with all those bats 82k is terrible,

arms this week i did 160k dps avg.

mostly deep wound dots, thunderclap+ww on bats, if the OT brings the adds to the MT at tortos you don't even have to move

not hard/lfr gear, should at least be in the triple digits for dps.
Edited by Velaserilith on 8/29/2013 4:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Ok, I have recently started playing fury so i'm really rusty. I'm currently 516 pve gear, and I only pull about 90k dps sustained and when popped all cd's i pull about 140k dps, for 516 to me it feels and sounds really really low but idk what i'm doing wrong. I always use colossus smash when it's up, i always use raging blow and bloodthirst when they're up to. What am I doing wrong?? One other fury warrior told me to ignore wild strike even when bloodsurge is procced and just keep heroic slamming while the other 3 main abilities are down, is that right? Can someone just tell me what i'm doing wrong please?
Reply Quote
95 Pandaren Warrior
Ok, I have recently started playing fury so i'm really rusty. I'm currently 516 pve gear, and I only pull about 90k dps sustained and when popped all cd's i pull about 140k dps, for 516 to me it feels and sounds really really low but idk what i'm doing wrong. I always use colossus smash when it's up, i always use raging blow and bloodthirst when they're up to. What am I doing wrong?? One other fury warrior told me to ignore wild strike even when bloodsurge is procced and just keep heroic slamming while the other 3 main abilities are down, is that right? Can someone just tell me what i'm doing wrong please?

Your weapons are high-enough ilvl, so at least that's not it (I don't feel qualified to comment on rotation stuff).

I will say that your Alacrity of Xuen trinket isn't very good, as the Haste proc doesn't benefit Warriors much. There's a better 496 trinket for 1750 Justice Points at Domination Point, Skullrender Medallion. The 522 Shado-Pan Assault trinket for 1155 Valor is a good upgrade too.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

Well first thing, whoever told you to use Heroic strike over wild strike is a dumbass. Second, use BT and then two GCD ability then BT again. CS can be use on cooldown, but ideally you want to use it when you have a good amount of rage, say around 80+. During CS, you want atleast 3 RB while using HS at same time while still following the BT + 2 GCD ability rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
He's probably referring to LFR. 82k being top 5 in LFR is perfectly normal.

Yikes.

I did 107k on Protectors last night, which I thought was decent considering how much movement is involved and my relatively midlevel gear.
Reply Quote
10/03/2013 09:13 PMPosted by Sayoko

Well first thing, whoever told you to use Heroic strike over wild strike is a dumbass. Second, use BT and then two GCD ability then BT again. CS can be use on cooldown, but ideally you want to use it when you have a good amount of rage, say around 80+. During CS, you want atleast 3 RB while using HS at same time while still following the BT + 2 GCD ability rotation.

I did that rotation you said, and my dps is exactly the same, i'm holding at 83k-93k dps no matter what rotation i'm doing. Like wtf, i'm at 516 ilvl, my gear ain't that bad, i got good weapons, I just don't understand why my dps is just so dang low. The only time I can get my dps to hit 100k+ and stay there is if i use my burst macro which my dps goes to 140k then when the burst wears off my dps falls back to 100k and i can get it to stay there but otherwise without burst macro is just sits at 90k :/
Edited by Molvar on 10/4/2013 2:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Fury is strong right now it just requires more skill and gear than it used to(well it's always been somewhat gear dependent). t16 2set and legendary cloak are pretty much required to be competitive on the DPS charts. Start busting tail and getting in those LFR's and flex raids to get your gear, and don't forget timeless isle and the crafted boe's. Check out as many fury warrior guides as you can because IMO most of them have MOST of it right but there is always something questionable(it's important to always cross reference if you're not one of those people that crunch the math which I am not). The way I start the majority of boss fights is: potion of mogu power at 2-3 seconds on timer, shattering throw at 2(right after you pot and hopefully the tanks pull when they are supposed to and you don't pull threat), bloodthirst, dragon roar, burst macro which includes recklessness + skull banner + any on use trinkets you have, colossus smash, bloodthirst, stormbolt, raging blow, bloodthirst, raging blow, filler. This may not be mathematically perfect or ideal in every case but if i pull it off correctly i'm bursting over 400k dps and sustaining at about 220-230k dps. Armory my toon if u want to see my talent choices(most of which you should have guessed by now).
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Also, with the 2set you can almost spam heroic strike during colossus smash which is nice...need to be careful with it during the cd period, you will get SOME heroic strikes in if you are doing your rotation properly(fury becomes a bit more predictable as your ilvl increases). Wildstrike only when bloodsurge procs(almost guarantees use of one heroic strike). It's also important to avoid using raging blow during colossus smash CD but as you increase in ilvl you will have more and more raging blows and will have the opputunity to use em during the cd.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]