Gemming for Protection

90 Draenei Paladin
Hey guys -

I have a few questions. I recently was using askmrrobot for my gemming/enchants/reforge. I was doing some reading and read that askmrrobot sets your toons up for 25m. I only do 10m and I went about reforging/regemming/enchanting my gear on my own. Is there anyone able to take a loot at what I did and see if i should just stick with askmrrobot. I am going for haste but askmrrobot wants me to stack stam.

Also is there a add-on that people use to help them reforge?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
Reply Quote
93 Dwarf Paladin
ReforgeLite is a pretty amazing addon for reforging purposes.

As to your gems/enchants, it all looks fine to me. Only (minor) quibble I have is that you used haste on your boots instead of Pandaren's Step; movement speed enchants are typically better when not using PoJ so that you still move a little faster outside of activating whichever other talent. You'd be surprised how much that 8% can help.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I use Haste and never use PoJ myself and it's fine. The 8% is really lack luster.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
Hey guys -

I have a few questions. I recently was using askmrrobot for my gemming/enchants/reforge. I was doing some reading and read that askmrrobot sets your toons up for 25m. I only do 10m and I went about reforging/regemming/enchanting my gear on my own. Is there anyone able to take a loot at what I did and see if i should just stick with askmrrobot. I am going for haste but askmrrobot wants me to stack stam.

Also is there a add-on that people use to help them reforge?

Thanks for all the help in advance.
You can edit the stat weights used by MrRobot, as well as choose from a few different stam preferences (the default weights are similar to the "high stam" setting, "medium" puts stam and haste pretty close to what they currently sim at, close enough that it shouldn't be telling you to gem stam anymore).

MrRobot is a good tool, if used properly. It's all about what stat weights you use, if they're good weights you'll get good results, if the weights aren't appropriate for you then neither will the results.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Drop the green gem in the shoulder and chest and go straight haste. the extra stam isn't needed and the socket bonus on the chest is pointless.

The glyph of hammer of the righteous is one of our weakest glyphs. Consider Final Wrath, Divine Protection, Focused Shield for single boss fights, or alabaster shield. All of these will either increase your DPS save DP, which gives you another physical damage CD.

The stam trinket is ok, but I would recommend getting the LFR Spark from Horridon for the haste, or even Lei Shen's final orders from ToES.

Stam trinkets/gems are really only needed if you are going squish. If you are not getting 1-shot without them and your healers aren't having a hard time, don't use em.

Edit: you might also consider switching to Holy Prism from Light's Hammer for most fights. I find it does more dps/hps on most fights and allows for flexibility: target my co-tank for some extra healing/dps, target myself for aoe + healing threat. I do recommend LH for Magera...its a real help during rampage.
Edited by Bralton on 9/4/2013 1:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
The glyph of hammer of the righteous is one of our weakest glyphs. Consider Final Wrath, Divine Protection, Focused Shield for single boss fights, or alabaster shield. All of these will either increase your DPS save DP, which gives you another physical damage CD.
Not to mention that in a week CS will apply the weakened blows debuff for prot so we won't even benefit from an increased duration anyways.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]