Best raid AoE healing class, good with mana

100 Pandaren Monk
There are a lot of reasons Disc is really good, high throughput is not one of them. That's not counting the boss mechanics that can increase atonement to stupid levels.

Disc healing is the best in the game until you reach that cap which is lower than most, if not all, other healers. With ilvls and raid damage the way they are, you probably don't have to worry about it too much though so their lower throughput is really a nonfactor.

And its really not that hard to see on WoL just check out the high constant AoE fights.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Edit: and apologies to the OP for hyjacking his thread!

That's O.K. I already made the decision I needed to make, so no problem there.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Mmm... I know this has nothing to do with my original question but... should I continue using Blizzard UI + mouseover macros, or is something like VuhDo really that much better?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Priest
Vuhdo, Grid, TukUI, ElvUI, etc, all offer customization potential that the Blizz UI simply cannot. The default UI is absolutely serviceable, but many, if not most, healers find that the ability to make those final tweaks really matters.
Reply Quote
92 Night Elf Druid
I would have to start at LFR and stay there for a good while due to my work hours. For normal raiding most probably 10M or with flex around 15M.

Why do you say that druid is better for 10M aoe? Some insight would be really helpful.

Edit: I'm also very worried about HoTs play style, since I'm not very good at tracking multiple things at the same time.

That rules out resto druid.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
If you truly are doing 40k heals as a paladin on megaera you're doing it wrong and it's just player skill really switching to another healer isn't going to help you.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
lol, you're going to have such a bad time honestly letting a bunch of !@#$%^s in this thread decide what you play.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Whats this holy sever mana issues crap? Honestly no one knows how to manage mana anymore and you actually had to manage mana back in the day. Inner will, 10k spirit, 1 min mindbender CD WHAT !@#$ING MANA PROBLEMS.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
lol, you're going to have such a bad time honestly letting a bunch of !@#$%^s in this thread decide what you play.

I suppose so. Except, we're not deciding for the OP. They asked for a discussion on a variety of healers and it was provided because people here do play all different types of healers at all different types of levels.

We all need to start somewhere.

If you truly are doing 40k heals as a paladin on megaera you're doing it wrong and it's just player skill really switching to another healer isn't going to help you.

Except it might, sometimes people just don't enjoy playing a class for a variety of reasons. And honestly, my cohealer does that much on megaera if we 3 heal is since he's sniped to hell. But on fights where he isn't sniped (2 healing) he does 2x or more of that. So again, it's not a metric to solely rely on when determining player skill. Regardless, that's not very constructive or helpful.

Please go be sour somewhere else.

Whats this holy sever mana issues crap? Honestly no one knows how to manage mana anymore and you actually had to manage mana back in the day. Inner will, 10k spirit, 1 min mindbender CD WHAT !@#$ING MANA PROBLEMS.

When your a holy priest working on progression, you're going to be undergeared and facing a lot of a high damage encounters. Mana does get tight, but this alleviates with gear as already explained. Also, you should probably try playing a Holy priest at the heroic level before actually saying things like this. You might find that Holy's mana management isn't as easy as it seems. Additionally, Inner Will is a healing loss-- one should be in Inner Fire when possible.

Inner Fire has changed, and no longer provides a flat Spellpower increase, but instead scales your spellpower by 10%. This is substantial as it increases its worth as your gear improves. When glyphed with Inner Sanctum, Inner Fire also mitigate 6% of all incoming magic damage

Inner Will only reduces the cost of instant cast spells. With Inner Sanctum, to me, Inner Fire is a better choice pretty much all of the time.
Edited by Naér on 8/29/2013 5:23 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Pretty sure this is one of those i can't decide for myself lets how what the hivemind thinks is going to be best.

What the !@#$ are on about sour the %^-*ing OP is the sour one because this isn't 5.2 anymore take your self entitlement elsewhere you whiteknighting prick. Some classes aren't just straight up pure throughput i'll take 15% reduced mana cost on instant spells over 10% more spell power.

But why did you come in this thread to post nothing constructive at all?

And to take reduced mana cost vs 10% more SP that scales with your gear is just silly. Additionally the damage reduction with the glyph? That seems silly to me. Other than the 470-485 ilvl when spirit is hard to get, and gem sockets are far and few between. There are obviously times where Inner Will is useful, but Inner fire is generally the winner.

You didn't need to swear, you didn't need to be rude. You could have said something along the lines of, "Hey, why don't you just try them all out. None of us can tell you what's best anyways, only you can decide that" but instead you came in here, posted 3 times in a row, with nothing constructive.
Edited by Naér on 8/29/2013 5:42 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/29/2013 05:18 AMPosted by Naér
Please go be sour somewhere else.

I was gonna post a lengthy reply on how he was assuming a lot of wrong things, but this should suffice.

Just ignore him, and thanks a lot for all the valuable input.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
It's never a problem. I mean, it is valid advice to try a few out. When you find one you REALLY mesh well with, taking the time to become a better player doesn't seem like such a hassle. In fact, it becomes enjoyable.

Good luck OP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I did install VuhDo and I spent a good while playing around with the config. I had tried it a long time ago and did not like it. Now that I have tuned it to look and act as I want it to, it seems a lot more convenient.
Reply Quote
93 Gnome Rogue
I hope we have served to completely confuse you and you have decided to become the best healer in the game - Blood DK :)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I did install VuhDo and I spent a good while playing around with the config. I had tried it a long time ago and did not like it. Now that I have tuned it to look and act as I want it to, it seems a lot more convenient.

Vuhdo is nice because it's like the WA of raid frames. You can basically do whatever you want with it. I don't use it, but I do definitely support it.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Piss off coddle people all you want i read the OP he's just a little !@#$% thats wants to roll w/ the crowd had his OP been along the lines of i'm looking for a new healer to try can i get some pros and cons, but nope he just wants to get a hard on so, ^-*! him and @#$% you i already told you take your self entitlement elsewhere.

Nice haste breakpoint you've got there. *Snerk*
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Well now the last question I have, I think, is about numbers. I kinda like big numbers and topping healing charts in worldoflogs and things like that. Does holy priest put out decent numbers?

We can put up big numbers. We can top healing charts. But:

- You have to play well. This isn't as complicated as it has been in the past, but it's still not trivial; Holy is a moderately complex spec, and it's not always obvious where the complexity lies.

- You can't run with a disc priest in 10N or LFR. A Disc co-healer will hurt anyone's numbers, but a holy priest in particular doesn't stand a chance.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
08/29/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Pipikaula
Piss off coddle people all you want i read the OP he's just a little !@#$% thats wants to roll w/ the crowd had his OP been along the lines of i'm looking for a new healer to try can i get some pros and cons, but nope he just wants to get a hard on so, ^-*! him and @#$% you i already told you take your self entitlement elsewhere.

Nice haste breakpoint you've got there. *Snerk*
I"m using Sotf 5730 is the next WG breakpoint. What the !@#$ is snerk?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]