Immerseus Split phase and Healbot/VuhDo

90 Night Elf Druid
Hi guys! I'm checking all the guides to be prepared to SoO and I've come to this phase on the first boss, when there are a lot of adds to heal.

If iI'm not mistaken the only 'healing boss' mechanic we had on MoP was Tsulong, and healers solved this quickly by having him on focus so it would be added to their unitframe.

Basically the question is: How are you going to handle this phase if you use a click to heal addon?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Vuhdo they will show up on your private tank panel once they are targeted. Can also just target them and make a mouseover macro.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
09/02/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Harpoa
Vuhdo they will show up on your private tank panel once they are targeted. Can also just target them and make a mouseover macro.

*clunk* *clunk* *clunk*

I haven't seen this fight not being on the PTR and all so I wonder how AoE and smart heals work on this. Having them run through a healing rain, SCK Level 90 Priest Talent, etc would probably help then spot heal them once they get high enough.

If this is viable I wonder if we'll start a list of what works, what works well and what doesn't work at all. I suspect PoH will be right out. However those abilities that like to heal warlock portals might actually come in handy.

At first glance though the design for this from a healing PoV doesn't seem to be Blizzard's finest hour.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
My current plan for SoO is to 'shroom all the things.

But seriously, I will probably just use mouseover macros for that phase.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
09/02/2013 09:20 AMPosted by Kipery
I wonder how AoE and smart heals work on this.

They move pretty fast. The more you heal them the slower they go. I found it better to use fast casts on them to top them off since normal wasn't a very mana intensive fight.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
A target macro is probably going to be the best option here.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
AoE heals treat them as though they are party members, though I haven't yet figured out whether it prioritizes them over party members or not.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
AoE heals treat them as though they are party members, though I haven't yet figured out whether it prioritizes them over party members or not.

No - they changed that by the time they did 25H testing apparently. No smart heals of any kind will hit them, and the only raid cooldown that works is Revival. There is no way to heal them outside of single target.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I will probably just have a target macro (if I have to) and then all my heals are mouseover so it shouldn't end up being a problem.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
No - they changed that by the time they did 25H testing apparently. No smart heals of any kind will hit them, and the only raid cooldown that works is Revival. There is no way to heal them outside of single target.

Maybe that's why they nerfed Revival.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
09/03/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Tiberria

...seriously? But that's asinine. UGH. Why the hell does Revival hit them, then!

Ugh. It worked just fine in 25M normal. Feh.
Edited by Tiriel on 9/3/2013 9:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
09/03/2013 03:12 AMPosted by Tiberria

How strange. If anything I would have thought Revival would be the one that wouldn't work.

After reading up and watching the video, overall it looks to be fairly interesting for a starter boss for the raid. It's this one section that looks like it was delivered via a Ford Pinto.

*cheap shot*
This must have been the product of one of those new guys they just hired.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Sounds like mouseover macros it is while targeting them. Might be interesting two healing that in 10 man...I could see why they might make healing cds not hit them, stack healing cds and win because why not?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
cheap shot*
This must have been the product of one of those new guys they just hired.

But it's so pretty.

SO PRETTY.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Monk
So, based on Tiriel's question to GC

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/status/374948409339170816
Revival shouldn't work either (and we're pretty sure it does not). Would make the encounter very easy.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I was worried about this. Sounds awful. -_-
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]