Help with my Retribution Paladin!!

90 Draenei Paladin
So, my paladin is my first character I created. She is also my first to 90. I've been doing alright, but since I have gotten into the last raids, I've noticed alright damage isn't really cutting it as much as I hoped. I was wondering if I could get some advice from other paladin players?

My rotation is as follows: Judgement, Crusader Strike, Exorcism, Inquisition, Avenging Wrath and then repeat the cycle (with Hammer of Wrath). When I get either 3 or 5 Holy Power (depending if my other moves are available; Crusader Strike, Judgement, etc) I use Templar's Verdict. Inquisition is on but sometimes I forget to keep it on for a brief couple seconds (I know this can affect my damage, if anyone knows any mods avail to remind me when it is almost finished that would be AWESOME) I use Seal of Insight at all times. I also pop Guardian of Ancient Kings when avail. I also understand as a melee char my weapon is also a huge part in this, and my weapon is pretty good (Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion 11400-17101 damage 3958.4 dps).. I don't really know what to use for AOE other then replacing Crusader Strike with Hammer of Righteous and Templar's Verdict with Divine Storm (I also use Light's Hammer when avail). Help??
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/9753545568

You have an Int gem, a mastery gem, several empty sockets (including a meta!), and no tier set bonuses. Haste is also really low. May want to get CLCRet as you hinted your rotation may not be up to snuff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
09/03/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Kassii
I use Seal of Insight at all times.

Please tell me you are trolling, did you even read what the seals do? In case you aren't trolling, Please use Seal of Truth.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So, my paladin is my first character I created. She is also my first to 90. I've been doing alright, but since I have gotten into the last raids, I've noticed alright damage isn't really cutting it as much as I hoped. I was wondering if I could get some advice from other paladin players?

My rotation is as follows: Judgement, Crusader Strike, Exorcism, Inquisition, Avenging Wrath and then repeat the cycle (with Hammer of Wrath). When I get either 3 or 5 Holy Power (depending if my other moves are available; Crusader Strike, Judgement, etc) I use Templar's Verdict. Inquisition is on but sometimes I forget to keep it on for a brief couple seconds (I know this can affect my damage, if anyone knows any mods avail to remind me when it is almost finished that would be AWESOME) I use Seal of Insight at all times. I also pop Guardian of Ancient Kings when avail. I also understand as a melee char my weapon is also a huge part in this, and my weapon is pretty good (Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion 11400-17101 damage 3958.4 dps).. I don't really know what to use for AOE other then replacing Crusader Strike with Hammer of Righteous and Templar's Verdict with Divine Storm (I also use Light's Hammer when avail). Help??

Here's info to almost everything you need. And a heads up the rotation you will see is very different than yours currently - but the rotation you will read is the best dps possible.

http://www.icy-veins.com/retribution-paladin-wow-pve-dps-guide

and the direct link to your rotation can be found mwah:
http://www.icy-veins.com/retribution-paladin-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

Edit: Oh yeah, change that Seal of Insight at all times to Seal of Truth at most times. When you are facing 4+ enemies grouped up (in PvE) use Seal of Righteousness. Never use Seal of Insight as retribution. And never use Seal of Justice for PvE.
Edited by Royal on 9/3/2013 8:01 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
It's a priority rather than an actual rotation. You should always be trying to hit a button.

The link the above poster put is a great resource correct, except for one minor caveat: At a certain point in gearing (~around T15), The Single target priority changes to HoW > CS > Judge > Exo. This is due to certain abilities scaling better (and the fact that Judge starts hitting as hard as exo but with <half the c/d) with gear.

TL;DR of Ret DPS is: Use truth unless 6+ targets (in which case use righteousness). Always keep Inquisition up (try and set up weakauras to help with this, It has helped me tremendously). Generate Holy Power unless you either have nothing else to do and can cast TV, or are capped at 5 HP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]