Shaman and Druid multi target heals

83 Orc Shaman
What is the difference of the shaman and druid group heals. Who is better at aoe-healing and multi-healing in general.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Shaman group heals work best when people are stacked tightly. Although druids do have several group heals that require stacking (such as shrooms), we can Rejuve blanket or use Tree while everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off (such as Jin'rokh heroic, during ball phase). However, shaman do not seem to be as affected by scaling as druids, so are highly effective in large raid groups, where druids seem to have a cap on their effective AoE.

It is hard to say who is "better" as it will vary greatly from fight to fight and even group to group.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Shaman group heals work best when people are stacked tightly. Although druids do have several group heals that require stacking (such as shrooms), we can Rejuve blanket or use Tree while everyone is running around like chickens with their heads cut off (such as Jin'rokh heroic, during ball phase). However, shaman do not seem to be as affected by scaling as druids, so are highly effective in large raid groups, where druids seem to have a cap on their effective AoE.

It is hard to say who is "better" as it will vary greatly from fight to fight and even group to group.

Hate to burst your bubble but right now, and on PTR druids are better in every facet of healing, stacked and especially spread.

It all comes down to what you want. If you don't mind being a bit behind and enjoy the shaman playstyle more then its an easy choice. If you want to min/max druids are in a far better spot atm and nobody can say for sure about the PTR but its also looking like druids will be stronger in the future.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
08/30/2013 01:30 AMPosted by Saracens
Hate to burst your bubble but right now, and on PTR druids are better in every facet of healing, stacked and especially spread.

10m or 25? I would argue that on paper, shaman will be stronger for stacked AoE in a 25 man raid than a druid in 5.4, as their healing scales better with group size. The cap on shrooms has been nerfed, in that the bloom can no longer crit, and there are only so many Rejuves a single druid can pump out. We will be losing our T15 2p, so Efflo will be hitting fewer targets, and Genesis particularly does not scale well at all. Tranq is still channeled, while a shaman can still use other spells while Healing Tide Totem is down. Isn't Chain Heal getting buffed a bit in 5.4 as well?

And yes, I did acknowledge that druids are better for spread and mobile AoE healing. Especially if we have a shaman in the group and can Tranqwalk. :D
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
08/30/2013 07:11 AMPosted by Pipikaula

10m or 25? I would argue that on paper, shaman will be stronger for stacked AoE in a 25 man raid than a druid in 5.4, as their healing scales better with group size. The cap on shrooms has been nerfed, in that the bloom can no longer crit, and there are only so many Rejuves a single druid can pump out. We will be losing our T15 2p, so Efflo will be hitting fewer targets, and Genesis particularly does not scale well at all. Tranq is still channeled, while a shaman can still use other spells while Healing Tide Totem is down. Isn't Chain Heal getting buffed a bit in 5.4 as well?

And yes, I did acknowledge that druids are better for spread and mobile AoE healing. Especially if we have a shaman in the group and can Tranqwalk. :D

I was mainly talking in terms of 10m raiding since that's what the majority of people are doing nowadays but it holds true also to 25m just to a lesser degree. On PTR efflo is outperforming healing rain. Genesis, while not looking amazing on paper has such high synergy with mushrooms that it will be bigger than some might think.

The buffs to CH are about 50% but to be usable in 10man you will need to glyph it for most fights giving it a cooldown. Also with the HR changes and the AoE changes in general shamans went from being the best stacked healer to the 2nd worst healing spec (ahead of disc but WAY behind holy) on PTR.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Shaman
I think the biggest change on the PTR right now that makes me want to play my druid is the new shroom changes.. Seriously I love shrooms so much right now on the new druid I leveled. They feel a bit clunky with 3 however.

Next patch, they may build slower and might not crit (of course you have genesis), but now you can literally place them anywhere at any point in any fight and move them when you need the burst. Its incredibly powerful.

Its like a post-nerf revival when you need them (that can become a very short "cooldown" becuase of genesis and how a lot of fight mechanics work) and you need no real thought to use them (because from what I have read you can place them wherever you want and just move them when you need next patch since healing is retained) which might make them nerfed later in 10 man. They are already incredibly powerful this tier and pretty much don't cost mana at all outside of the cheap bloom (like 6000 mana?)

That being said OP, the first two posters explained it pretty well. Druids in general can do both just fine / incredibly well (stacked / ranged healing). Shaman can only do one (and presently that stacked healing niche is weaker. No comment on the new patch on how strong the stacked niche will be since I am not on the PTR but yeah).
Edited by Gardiff on 8/30/2013 9:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
83 Orc Shaman
Yeah. I questioned shammys being better at stacked healing, even though thats suppose to be its main thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]