Fresh 90 on the Timeless Isle

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I've searched through the PTR forums, but most of the talk seems to center around characters ilvl 480+ adventuring on the Timeless Isle. Since we've been advised that the best way to gear up a new 90 is to head straight to the Timeless Isle (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10724395/Gearing_Up_for_Patch_54-8_22_2013), anyone take a fresh 90, ilvl 415-425 through the Isle?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Early in the ptr, and the testing of timeless isle, we had a couple really undergeared copied alts in the group exploring.

It would be difficult to be doing a lot of the stuff there solo at that point, but it's not bad in a group that's for sure.

And to be fair a lot of the more challenging mobs/aspects of the isle, are just as lethal to 520 item level toons as 425 ones.

Most of the really dangerous mobs, if taken on recklessly could kill most players easily regardless of the gear they had on.

This was early in the ptr cycle, and I'm pretty sure some stuff was toned down already.

So I'd think you could go there solo right at 90, but you gotta watch your step, and not get too confident.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I do know it was rather difficult at first but it's since been toned down. Keep in mind you can take your geared main to the isle and get BOA gear for your fresh 90.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Fortunately you can just take your main to the isle and mail all the BoA gear to your alt.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Fortunately you can just take your main to the isle and mail all the BoA gear to your alt.

If that alt is on the same server. Some of us play on more than one server.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
08/31/2013 08:08 AMPosted by Tyrsia
I've searched through the PTR forums, but most of the talk seems to center around characters ilvl 480+ adventuring on the Timeless Isle. Since we've been advised that the best way to gear up a new 90 is to head straight to the Timeless Isle (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10724395/Gearing_Up_for_Patch_54-8_22_2013), anyone take a fresh 90, ilvl 415-425 through the Isle?

Any issue people have with Timeless Isle being too difficult for their gear level can be fixed by grouping with others.

Even higher ilevel toons will benefit from going through the place in a group.

At this stage in the game tuning the difficulty around poorly geared toons that have recently hit 90 means there will be zero challenge for anyone who has geared up. Even those just using LFR to gear their toon would be able to tear through the place like gods.

Like the Legend of Zelda taught us:

"It's dangerous to go alone!"
Edited by Daveydemonic on 8/31/2013 12:53 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
08/31/2013 02:33 PMPosted by Lulz
Not everyone has the luxury of getting a group of people. So that logic is flawed.

There will be other players on the island, you don't need to bring a group. One can be formed with whomever is around. If you lack social skills or the ability to cooperate that is your problem.

Timeless isle was designed for new 90s not geared 90s. if you want difficulty go do heroic raids.

I'm sorry that answer is incorrect!

From the blog regarding Timeless Isle:

"Whether you’re a newly level-90 player, a fully geared raider, a pet battler, a PvPer, or anything in between, the Timeless Isle features something for everyone."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10590712/

This is World of Warcraft, not Legend of Zelda, thus what ever said in zelda doesn't count in WoW.

The mobs are indeed tougher on new 90s, in as much that you have to be a tank to survive when you just dingged 90.

If you have a lousy survivability as a pure dps/etc, then expect a lot of rezzing and 10% durabiilty lost.

Timeless Isle is a loot pinata, it just isn't one you can steamroll in greens at 90. Stop asking them to set the difficulty level to "delicate flower".

And the wisdom of Zelda applies everywhere, blasphemer.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
@Lulz

You are selectively reading what you want into the design of the place when it is explicitly stated in that blog it is for everyone, not just a catchup mechanism.

Play the armory card all you wish. I raid normals with friends and I enjoy it. I also don't derive a sense of self-worth based on raid content or progression, so trying to go after me there is a moot point. I might have been carried, I might be so awesome a human body can barely contain it in such concentration, or I might be mildly competent for all you know. Your attack is predicated on the idea I care what you think and I don't.

You can misdirect all you wish via armory attacks, you just make me giggle. :P

I am not looking for soul crushing difficulty, but frankly the level it is at is fine and I can handle it on this toon or a lower geared one. It doesn't need to be made easier. Wanting a level of difficulty is merely based on the idea of effort vs reward. There has to be a happy balance and there is one on the Timeless Isle as it is right now. I thoroughly enjoyed it on this toon and a lesser geared one.

Grouping in a social game is part of the deal, if you don't want to do that that is your privilege, but they don't design everything to accommodate that.

But go ahead and strut around in your delusional state believing what you will, you have shown you are determined to do that no matter what the facts are.
Reply Quote
Lulz seems like he would be no fun to be around, NO YOU'RE WRONG, NO, NO YOU ARE WRONG, I CAN'T GET A GROUP TOGETHER BECAUSE I WANT TO DO IT SOLO SO STOP IMPLYING MOST PEOPLE GROUP TOGETHER WHEN THEY CANT SOLO THINGS THATS NOT HOW I WANT TO PLAY YOU'RE WRONG

And then he tries to bring up armory when he hasn't cleared normal ToT and is in half LFR
Put more effort into trolling
Edited by Corcupine on 8/31/2013 9:14 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Guess what, not all content when its new is designed to be cake walked by anyone who just "dinged".. That's like turning around and saying "Oh well I turned 90 5 minutes ago, so I should get into throne of thunder"... It's now how progression based content works.

If your under geared and don't want to try and group up you have no one to blame but yourself.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]