Open Libram XCII: Warriors of Faith

93 Dwarf Paladin
Cool, thanks, Grog!

No prob. Alternatively, you can set the pink dino as your focus and never have to worry about swapping to it for knock back, then all you have to do is click on the giant firckin' siege triceratops every so often to maintain Censure, which I think would be easier than trying to find a pink dinosaur in the rest of that chaos. But, I haven't actually done heroic Horridon, so I really don't know which way would be best; just another thought.
100 Human Paladin
Look at you grog, being all helpful and knowledgeable.

Though Snoz, if you dont want to waste a gcd that does damage, if you use Reckoning instead of Judgement, it'll knock the dino back as well.
100 Draenei Paladin
But, I haven't actually done heroic Horridon, so I really don't know which way would be best; just another thought.

It's easy enough for me to shift focus mid-combat with a simple focus macro. At least in 25 man, the pink dinos don't start targeting melee until the last phase.

Though Snoz, if you dont want to waste a gcd that does damage, if you use Reckoning instead of Judgement, it'll knock the dino back as well.

Oh, sweet, ty for the heads up on that one!
100 Human Paladin
So it looks like I won't be moving to Taiwan until like mid-October, so I'll just hang out with my mum until then. HO HUM

I guess I also get to play more WoW though, so yay.
100 Draenei Paladin
Has anyone else been noticing Judgement whiffing?
90 Tauren Monk
Finally got my monk to 90!! Now to read up some guides and make a poweraura for it yayyy...
100 Human Paladin
Spin to win.
93 Dwarf Paladin
Has anyone else been noticing Judgement whiffing?

Only on Qon, that I've noticed. When's Judgement "whiffing" for you - and under what conditions?

Finally got my monk to 90!! Now to read up some guides and make a poweraura for it yayyy...

And long past time to pick half your talents. :p
Edited by Grôgnárd on 8/30/2013 2:25 PM PDT
93 Dwarf Paladin
What? What is "whiffing" supposed to mean?

I'm assuming either simply "missing" or, more troublesome, "producing no effect."
100 Draenei Paladin
Only on Qon, that I've noticed. When's Judgement "whiffing" for you - and under what conditions?

I've mostly noticed it during H Horridon this week, but that's when I've been actually playing. Really annoying when I've judged the pink dinos, with no knockback. Also noticed it once doing dailies today. Judged a mob, pulled the mob, no text of a miss or hit, and no holy power. Dunno what's different about this week.
93 Dwarf Paladin
Hm. I haven't noticed anything like that, but I haven't really paid that much attention and the new guild's having problems with getting our logs running (namely, the one running the client keeps forgetting) and I also haven't been on much recently. Soon as I get home for the weekend I can run around and Judge some stuff, but I didn't really notice any problems with my cooking daily today.
100 Human Paladin
I know if you judge or do another spell on a pink dino while its actually still being knocked back it wont knock it back again.
90 Pandaren Monk

You don't really need guides, especially considering that the approved way to play, gem, and stat stack is wrong according to Blizzard's internal testing. (Apparently, stacking haste is in fact not the way to WW.) You just gotta punch and kick them and make sure you are not letting your energy cap out while you're fighting - which is hard but you can get the hang of it.

Also, the default UI does a pretty good job of telling you when you need to chug your Tigereye Brew, so if you can use Tiger Palm once every 20 seconds and not use FoF when your energy is above 20 or so, you'll be fine.

Talents on the tiers you haven't filled are up to you, especially if you're keeping to PvE. I think Ring of Peace or Leg Sweep will serve you best on the L60 tier, and for the one below it's generally a toss-up between Diffuse Magic or Healing Elixirs. I personally like the latter, but it's not potent enough in PvP because of the healing debuff. Both are useful in PvE fights though.

Major glyphs are mostly for ease of use. I think the Touch of Karma glyph is pretty necessary, because a limit of melee range for that ability makes it pretty hard to use - and it can be a survivability/dps cooldown if you use it right. I like Sparring because deflecting spells is pretty great. Outside of those there's not too many really attractive options for PvE - I like ToD for PvP for obvious reasons. ;p

Minor is of course up to you, but Blackout Kick is pretty good for PvE to keep the (honestly pretty meager) DoT up on targets regardless of position.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
08/30/2013 04:25 PMPosted by Flolin
You don't really need guides, especially considering that the approved way to play, gem, and stat stack is wrong according to Blizzard's internal testing.

I wonder how many specs their internal testing is actually reflecting reality.
100 Human Paladin
08/30/2013 04:30 PMPosted by Cayse
You don't really need guides, especially considering that the approved way to play, gem, and stat stack is wrong according to Blizzard's internal testing.

I wonder how many specs their internal testing is actually reflecting reality.

Well, at least for WW monks, I'd be willing to guess that stacking haste has led to a lot of energy capping in many fights, thus rendering it actually not nearly as potent as sims would suggest. I can't really think of many fights where you've got 100% uptime on the primary target, or that don't require lots of movement. It's different for a lot of classes, but because of energy gains combined with chi combined with a channeled primary dps ability makes it not straightforward at all.

At least as a Ret pally I can stack haste in everything and just not care about anything else because my entire combat system is build around abilities with cooldowns that are reduced by haste, and swing timers.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
At least as a Ret pally I can stack haste in everything and just not care about anything else because my entire combat system is build around abilities with cooldowns that are reduced by haste, and swing timers.

Yeah but.. what if that's not what Blizzard's internal sims actually base ret on?

I mean, we know that monks are played the way Blizzard didn't intend, and so were prot paladins, and arms warriors are actually supposed to not use HS for their rage dump, DKs weren't supposed to do festerblight.

What if... Blizzard's internal sims actually have all the specs reasonably close to each other. But Blizzard's internal sim is just that far out of touch? There has to be a good reason they don't just let people see it, or tell people what their intended play of a spec is. And what if that reason is that they're wrong, and they know it?
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]