Healbot/Vuhdo/Grid users on Norushen

90 Human Warlock
I could be premature AND wrong, but was over at plusheals.com and saw that Healbot is gonna be incapable of creating frames for the NPC's we gotta heal and dispel within 10 seconds during the 'Test of Reliance' phase on Norushen. *If you pass the test, you will be purified instead of corrupted and your healing will be stronger.

The reason the add-on can't make frames for the NPC's is because your already in combat.

Is Vuhdo like that? Is Grid any different?

I've never used Blizzard raid frames, but I think I may try to learn. What about you?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
Oh goodness is that gonna be weird if true.

I'll have to double check if I can do this, but I think I can work through Shadowed Unit Frames to give myself unit frames that aren't VuhDo, then just cobble together some mouseover macros. Then I'd just need to disable VuhDo and turn on the raid frames and I'd be okay. I'm not sure if SUF can update the frames either, which could be unfortunate.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Read this on downfallguild.org:

Healers - You will be zoned into a Test of Reliance, where you must defeat a Greater Corruption. You will be aided by several NPCs who will already be fighting the boss. You will have to keep the NPCs alive to allow them to kill the Corruption, once it is dead, you will be ported out and cleansed of your corruption. Some guilds found it easier to just use DPS spells to help kill the Corruption faster as compared to healing the NPCs. May depend on your comfort level/class. The Corruption has a few abilities, primarily AoE, that affects all NPCs and yourself, but the primary ability you should worry about is

Lingering Corruption - This deals 320k Shadow damage to the player/NPC if not cleansed within 10 seconds.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And on savoryguild.com here's what they said:

heroic mode you start with 50 corruption.

healers when you go down you heal up the npcs fighting the big add in the center. if they reach 1 health they stop doing anything. heal them up fast, dps the ad if you can. goal is kill the dude in the middle and keep the friendlies alive that way when you spawn up top you do not spawn an add with you.
Edited by Topazenia on 8/29/2013 4:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Anyone know what the unit ID of the NPCs is?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yes Vuhdo private tank panel shows the npc but you have to target them. Though it is not hard to just manually target and cast on them. Really the test are kind of a joke, might be a little harder on H but it is pretty easy to see what you need to do.

edit: they have purple bubbly looking stuff under them when they need to be dispelled, same animation on you when you have to move out of it. It is very obvious.
Edited by Harpoa on 8/29/2013 7:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Should be possible with mouseovers to target the NPCs themselves. Turning on friendly name plates would also help. Sounds annoying but not impossible.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
When I tested ity in the ptr all I did was add riptide and greater heal to a key bind since you can keep 2 of them in Healing rain the whole time and healing stream totem is healing 2 of them clicking the name plates to heal them was very easy and I use healbot I did not find it difficult at all
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I'm not worried at all. There are 3 NPCs in 10m and I have vuhdo setup to have a focus and target panel. That covers 2 NPCs right there. They also show up on the boss frames. The mob has 2.5m health in 10m and dies super quick.

http://youtu.be/UjotdvXpAK0?t=3m7s
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I could be premature AND wrong, but was over at plusheals.com and saw that Healbot is gonna be incapable of creating frames for the NPC's we gotta heal and dispel within 10 seconds during the 'Test of Reliance' phase on Norushen. *If you pass the test, you will be purified instead of corrupted and your healing will be stronger.

The reason the add-on can't make frames for the NPC's is because your already in combat.

Is Vuhdo like that? Is Grid any different?

I've never used Blizzard raid frames, but I think I may try to learn. What about you?

Vuhdo has an ability called "Private Tanks" which lets you target and/or focus mobs and they will appear in that panel.

You can't do like, a regular panel for all of them, however. The reason for it is, as was said, that the raid frames are locked while in combat and as far as I know, addons cannot create new frames during combat (I believe that VuhDo just makes pre-set frames visible when you target/focus the mobs).
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I saw the purple bubblies around an NPC in one of the videos I watched and wondered if that was a visual for Lingering Corruption. I guess it is.

I'm making something out of nothing or worried about what an addon can't do already.

Last night I uninstalled Bartender and setup keybinds in wow and it's a good thing I did because I found out my renew, flash and greater heal macros are all based on target=mouseover.

>Back to the drawing board...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I would think that would make your job easier during the challenge.
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
I hope Vuhdo comes up with way to make friendly npcs in their own panel. Like a special?
Reply Quote
5 Human Warlock
I turned on boss frames for Shadowed Unit Frames. They show up there and you can use mouseovers and even my clique set works. I haven't worried about the debuff yet (except for myself) as healing them on normal is pretty easy.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
08/30/2013 09:50 AMPosted by Topazenia
I saw the purple bubblies around an NPC in one of the videos I watched and wondered if that was a visual for Lingering Corruption. I guess it is.

Bingo! Just make sure you're watching the fight - it's easy to spot them, and since I have a mouseover macro, it works over them.
Reply Quote
You do not need frames for healing them. It is a joke on normal healing them. Just click them and throw out keybound heals every once in a while. The debuff should be dispelled but if you are super lazy you can also just top that one off since the debuff won't even kill them if it expires as long as they have high health.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
DBM also shouts it out. Leven whats his face has Lingering Corruption, Dispel him now! Worked for me. I also just had the boss frames up from Stuf, made it really easy to find Leven and keep them all healed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
This thread is hysterical. Are people so addicted to Healbot/Vuhdo that they can't heal anymore with the basic set up?

Mouseover the model to heal and/or Cleanse when needed and make sure Friendly Nametags are on.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Yup, they show up as bosses and from there it's easy to see what to do.
If you don't want to manually click target and then press heal/purify then you can just set up a couple of quick mouseovers and the thing is done.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Shift+V.

You're welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
This thread is hysterical. Are people so addicted to Healbot/Vuhdo that they can't heal anymore with the basic set up?

Mouseover the model to heal and/or Cleanse when needed and make sure Friendly Nametags are on.

Considering that the boss bars actually moved up and down during the raid testing of this fight, it took an addon for me to be able to properly target with mouseover macros because the frames kept moving in the stock UI.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]