Healbot/Vuhdo/Grid users on Norushen

90 Night Elf Monk
Its not that we're incapable of doing it. Its that, for those of us who use addons like HB or VD or grid+clique, we generally don't also have our entire UI Set up for non-addon healing. Its a pain to have to basically completely re-do your ui for a single fight, or have to make a ton of special additions so you can heal it. Its also especially a pain when you don't realize it on your first attempt, you go in to do your test, and your targets aren't showing up anywhere on your bars, and you have to find a way to cobble something together mid fight.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This thread is hysterical. Are people so addicted to Healbot/Vuhdo that they can't heal anymore with the basic set up?

Mouseover the model to heal and/or Cleanse when needed and make sure Friendly Nametags are on.

Don't turn this into a vuhdo/healbot vs stock debate. Most of us here know how to heal with the blizz ui and mouseovers, as it's not complex; we just choose not to for our own reasons.

No need to be condescending.

Anyways, as disc I use atone spam and mouseover purify. Private tank if someone is getting low, but dps heals are enough. Friendly nameplates are helpful.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Vuhdo has an ability called "Private Tanks" which lets you target and/or focus mobs and they will appear in that panel.

You can't do like, a regular panel for all of them, however. The reason for it is, as was said, that the raid frames are locked while in combat and as far as I know, addons cannot create new frames during combat (I believe that VuhDo just makes pre-set frames visible when you target/focus the mobs).

^ this is what I had to do when we attempted that fight. I've always had private tanks shown anyways (came in handy with Tsulong). You just have to manually target the NPC's.

Ctrl+V shows friendly name plates (which I had to use during Immerseus).
Edited by Jujubiju on 9/16/2013 10:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Shift+V (I think) shows friendly name plates (which I had to use during Immerseus).

It's Control- V

And yes, it would seem that mouse-overs are the best bet for it. A minor inconvenience really, regardless of addon choice.
Edited by Naér on 9/15/2013 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
After seeing it tonight and going inside the Twilight Zone, I turned on my unit frames to see their health and created a WA target aura for Lingering Corruption. Otherwise, it's pretty straight forward, without the use of a raid frame. I didn't FW off the start, either.
Reply Quote
I turn on friendly name plates for Clunky NPC Healing Sequences.™ Using tidyplates to make nameplates less eyeball rendingly fugly helps too. Should also be able to add the debuff as a displaying aura with tidyplates -- although you shouldn't need to, it puts a big ugly graphic on the NPC suffering it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
As Illucia pointed out, they do show up as "boss frames" on the right side of your screen as well, and I believe (but I haven't tested) that you can use mouse-overs on those frames.

Also, anyone with the debuff will get a sha cloud under their feet, it's very visible. This will help as well for figuring out who has the debuff at a glance depending on your UI.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
09/16/2013 05:36 AMPosted by Naér
As Illucia pointed out, they do show up as "boss frames" on the right side of your screen as well, and I believe (but I haven't tested) that you can use mouse-overs on those frames.

You can. And if you use a unit frames addon (ElvUI, Pitbull, SUF, Stuf, a few others), you can configure your boss frames to show buffs/debuffs/etc in a useful way.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
You can. And if you use a unit frames addon (ElvUI, Pitbull, SUF, Stuf, a few others), you can configure your boss frames to show buffs/debuffs/etc in a useful way.

Yeah, Elvui showed "classic" auras for the debuff for their frames. It was ... an icon basically? Which threw me off at first because my debuffs on party frames are color overlay.

But yeah, it's good stuff. It's not *nearly* as bad as the issue that PoM doesn't seem to bounce and the shaman I PuG'd with said chain heal was full derp. Wasn't bouncing right/with any regularity.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's not *nearly* as bad as the issue that PoM doesn't seem to bounce and the shaman I PuG'd with said chain heal was full derp. Wasn't bouncing right/with any regularity.

At least Healing Rain always works. I'm sure PoH is useless.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
I'm sure PoH is useless.

Yeah I didn't even try PoH. I was irritated when PoM just sat there. Oh well.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
09/15/2013 04:32 PMPosted by Naér
Shift+V (I think) shows friendly name plates (which I had to use during Immerseus).

It's Control- V

And yes, it would seem that mouse-overs are the best bet for it. A minor inconvenience really, regardless of addon choice.

Correction made (couldn't remember since I don't usually use them).

If I recall correctly, DBM will scream at you if one of the NPCs has the debuff (I only got a chance to go inside once).
Edited by Jujubiju on 9/16/2013 10:06 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
If I recall correctly, DBM will scream at you if one of the NPCs has the debuff (I only got a chance to go inside once).

Yup.

NPC X HAS SO AND SO DEBUFF
DISPEL NOW

standard dbm screaming.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I am bad, I don't actually target anyone in there.

Throw my pet at the boss, DH, Mass Dispell, a bit of dps and I am out. If I miss with Mass, well things don't go so well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Its not that we're incapable of doing it. Its that, for those of us who use addons like HB or VD or grid+clique, we generally don't also have our entire UI Set up for non-addon healing. Its a pain to have to basically completely re-do your ui for a single fight, or have to make a ton of special additions so you can heal it. Its also especially a pain when you don't realize it on your first attempt, you go in to do your test, and your targets aren't showing up anywhere on your bars, and you have to find a way to cobble something together mid fight.

Clique works just fine for me. Just don't have anything blacklisted other than yourself.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I don't think a whole lot of either the first boss or the third boss. Both seem designed to make healers extremely irritated. Having to display friendly nameplate and have them fly all over the screen to find the targets to heal.... not fun.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]