Noodle Carts

90 Troll Shaman
Why is there even a 10m version of the noodle cart (all types)?

Making the 10m carts is just a waste of materials.

30 "Foods" for 50 Noodle bowls vs 60 "Foods" for 125 noodle bowls.

so you get 1.66 bowls per food with 10m and 2.08 bows per food with 25m.

Either the 10m version should give you 6 carts, 2 bowls per food and be almost on par with 25m or it should just be removed completely. There might be an achievement for making all the carts, but after that you would be a fool to ever make the 10m version of the cart ever again since the bowls are unique(5) it's always more efficient to make the 25m carts and just have people take more than one in a 10man.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
What if they make the 25m noodle cart 'warforged'.
Edited by Jalopy on 8/30/2013 1:36 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Noodle carts are like a new type of feast.

Basically, instead of making a feast and you drop it and everyone can eat from it, you make a cart and everyone can "buy food" in the form of a bowl which will give you 250, 275, or 300 of your primary stat based on spec.

The recipes are, for 10m, 5 each of str, stam, int, spirit, agi, and "of the brew" foods to create 5 food carts which will sell 10 bowls each. The bowls will give 250, 275 or 300 stat depending on the quality of food used. So, for 10m you use up 5 of each type of food for 5 carts which can sell you 10 bowls each. 30 foods for 10x5 bowls.

The carts are the same for 25man except each recipe costs 10 of each food and gives 5 carts which can sell 25 bowls. So, 60 foods for 125 bowls. The thing is, each cart can sell 10 or 25 bowls but the bowls themselves are unique(5) and are NOT conjured items so they will persist through logging out.

So, the issue I see here is that 25 man feasts are 25% more efficient than the 10man foods
Edited by Potsu on 8/30/2013 1:39 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
or we can just carry on
and not have this nerfed
><
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
What if they make the 25m noodle cart 'warforged'.

This guy gets it! +1
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Because 25m has more rogues and noodle carts are we get our weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
aus
This was discussed in guild yesterday and no one could come up with any reason why as a 10 man guild we would'nt use the 25 man cart.
Edited by Mate on 8/30/2013 3:15 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Does the food despawn on logout like mage food? maybe you only have one boss left?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
When we create Grand Pandaren Treasure Noodle Cart Kit with:
10 x Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp
10 x Chun Tian Spring Rolls
10 x Mogu Fish Stew
10 x Steamed Crab Surprise
10 x Sea Mist Rice Noodles
10 x Mad Brewer's Breakfast

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=145197/grand-pandaren-treasure-noodle-cart-kit

How many Grand Pandaren Treasure Noodle Cart Kit will I get? 1 or 5?

If get 5 kits, then in 10m raid, can give 125 bowls of noodles.
Edited by Xingling on 8/30/2013 8:48 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
1. If someone else has dropped one of these, the second person to try needs to get a confirmation dialog saying one is already out, and has X bowls remaining, so you don't get those simultaneous drops. (or an addon to do the same)

2. How long will it remain up? If you drop one, and only 20 people buy bowls (Some may have their own food), will the remainder still be there 15-20 minutes later to feed those who die in the next fight or two? I'd really hate to drop one of these, have only 5 players buy in, and have it despawn 2 minutes later.

Option: The feast you make doesn't have "charges" but instead has a total number of bowls. You drop one, it contains enough for 25 players, but if only 10 buy in, the remaining 15 go back into the parent object when it despawns. No waste.

Another option: You drop it, and the bowls automatically fly into the inventory of all the players (animation: Explosion of noodle bowls, with steam trails, arcing to each player.
If a player already has some in his bag, it replenishes him to the maximum stack allowed.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Try reading how it actually works Fugubar.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage
So how do these work, are they like cauldrons where they basically serve as food/flask stockpiles for your raid? Or is there some mechanic involved, like they actually cost money to buy from and the person who drops it gets paid.
Reply Quote
I'm kinda bummed out.

I thought that Noodle Carts were a reusable item which is crafted using many expensive mats, kinda like a Blingtron for foodies.

Then, I learned that they're just a fancier version of a feast/banquet.

=T
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
So wait, can one person take more than one bowl of noodles per cart? If so I can see that being abused and why it would be clearly superior to 10 man carts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I've made these on the PTR since about a month ago. 5 noodle carts are made per craft and there only appears to be one version per stat buff level (and not 10/25). The carts become more visually ornate as the quality of the associated stat buff increases. As far as I can tell, there isn't a limit to how many people can purchase the buff foods from it.

Each noodle cart sets up a vendor, which other players can use to buy unique (5) of a stat buff food. The cart lasts until a certain duration (5 minutes?), combat mode is initiated, or the player disables it. The cart initiator doesn't get any of the gold used by other players to purchase the food.
Edited by Spcymeatball on 9/9/2013 1:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]