I miss 30 second seals.

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I miss the active rotation as a ret paladin of having 30 second seals. You were completely active in swapping your seals to maintain maximum damage output.
You did this, to put a debuff on the target, then used this other seal that now will do X amount of more holy damage.
Oh, but I'm low on mana, I better use this seal before I run out of mana and then can't do anything.
Edited by Tarvoz on 8/31/2013 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Or you know, in a raid setting you would just have the paladin healer use their judgement of wisdom on the boss while you refreshed it and your own judgement with crusader strike, and because most bosses had some kind of damaging AoE you were getting healed and back then being healed restored mana, on top of judgment of wisdom mana was never, ever a problem...

Oh and any decent Ret paladin back then had their seals macroed to their judgements so they refreshed automatically, so basically most of your DPS came down to pressing only a few buttons and praying to the RNG gods that your seal of command crit and your Windfury buff from the shamans went off and crit as well.

Yeah this whole seal swapping business did start in Burning Crusade, which is what I assume you are referring to, but it was created with Seal of Justice back when that seal had a chance to stun people on hit and Paladins had no way to stop spell casters outside of Hammer of Justice.

And one last thing, the times you were remembering was back in Burning Crusade where Ret Paladins were at their all time lowest numbers as far as population, extremely few Ret paladins were raiding content so your not appealing to a very high amount of people. And those of us like myself who did raid the content all the way up to Sunwell knew better then to change seals when proper judgement management, other paladins in the raid judging, Shadow Priests, and wisdom buffs ensured that you were never low on mana and max damage output came from sticking to the boss and keeping your most powerful seal up 100% of the time.
Edited by Sabin on 8/31/2013 10:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Your entire post only reminded me of another thing I miss.
I miss mana. I miss it being an important resource.

Also, to be honest, I've always hated using macros as the way you described. I've never used a macro to use a spell at the same time I use another spell. effectively doing my rotation for me.
Edited by Tarvoz on 8/31/2013 10:58 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
My memory is rather fuzzy, but back then I believe seals were off the GCD so it was very easy to macro seal of Command with Judgement so every time you cast Judgement which was anytime it was off cool down, you would recast command with absolutely no downtime.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ret is in a better place now.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
My memory is rather fuzzy, but back then I believe seals were off the GCD so it was very easy to macro seal of Command with Judgement so every time you cast Judgement which was anytime it was off cool down, you would recast command with absolutely no downtime.

That is correct, but I'm still against using macros in that sense out of mere personal choice.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
08/31/2013 10:23 AMPosted by Tarvoz
I miss the active rotation as a ret paladin of having 30 second seals.

Active rotation... 30 second seals.

Does. Not. Compute.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So you miss 30 second seals and have a problem with macros too? And you miss mana? Looks like you PvP, got the Elite gear then xmoged it......ok. You are one odd cow Tarvoz , one odd cow.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So you miss 30 second seals and have a problem with macros too? And you miss mana? Looks like you PvP, got the Elite gear then xmoged it......ok. You are one odd cow Tarvoz , one odd cow.

I may decide one day that I like the elite set of this season.
I also bought the elite off-hand, with hopes of one day I may use it for some reason.

But yes, I'm glad you acknowledge my oddities.
Edited by Tarvoz on 8/31/2013 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
Um, isn't Inquisition similar enough to the 30 second seals?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Um, isn't Inquisition similar enough to the 30 second seals?

Not really.
People seem to be forgetting that judgement consumed your seal when they lasted 30 seconds.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
It was kinda fun when that's basically all we had so far as a "rotation", but it's an obsolete mechanic these days. I think I'd rather have reckoning bombs back instead of seal swapping/twisting.

I'll tell you what I don't miss. Killing myself on Thaddeus (WotLK) and Malygos.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Not really.
People seem to be forgetting that judgement consumed your seal when they lasted 30 seconds.

No, we're not forgetting the most passive and boring combat system this game ever had, for any single class/spec.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I miss Seal of Blood.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I miss your Mom.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I feel that Judgement should change depending on the seal you have active like it did in the past. Now it's just another generic attack that lacks any interesting aspects.

The old Judge->Re-Seal system is another of the things I miss about playing a pally way back when.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I too, am also a dragon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Why has no one said "clunky" yet. I am disappoint.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The old Judge->Re-Seal system is another of the things I miss about playing a pally way back when.

Yeah... you probably never really played a Paladin.

Remember this forum post, from the original forums ?

http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/2584/paladins0gf.jpg

No one really liked the Seal/Judge system. It was passive and it was boring.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]