I miss 30 second seals.

100 Draenei Paladin
No one really liked the Seal/Judge system. It was passive and it was boring.

The biggest flaw in it was the fact that you could blow through your mana so fast, and had very little in ways to regen it.

But yeah, the system sucked. Especially in pvp, how it relied so heavily on catching a target in a stun for burst.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
and had very little in ways to regen it.

Uh ? Switch JotC for JoW until full again, then back to JotC...

No really, it was the seal... wait 8 seconds... Judge/seal... that was what was boring.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yeah... you probably never really played a Paladin.

Remember this forum post, from the original forums ?

http://img310.imageshack.us/img310/2584/paladins0gf.jpg

No one really liked the Seal/Judge system. It was passive and it was boring.

OMG best paladin satire ever.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin

No really, it was the seal... wait 8 seconds... Judge/seal... that was what was boring.

Because sitting around with a slow swing timer weapon to regen your mana was awesome~
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Because sitting around with a slow swing timer weapon to regen your mana was awesome~

You can swap weapons in combat. I was Prot spec, my weapon swing timer was sub-2.0.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Paladin
You can swap weapons in combat. I was Prot spec, my weapon swing timer was sub-2.0.

I don't remember if procs scaled with weapon speed or not, but I simply remeber the mana regen model was atrocious. Even as prot.
Edited by Snozberries on 9/1/2013 12:40 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
09/01/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Snozberries

I don't remember if procs scaled with weapon speed or not, but I simply remeber the mana regen model was atrocious. Even as prot.

JoW/SoW and JoL/SoL were flat percentage based mechanics so favored fast weapons, unlike SoC which was PPM (so slower weapon meant "more procs", ie, more hits that procced).

JoW was actually pretty good. Even in Vanilla with Paladins in cloth at the back, JoW would get called out and healers would rotate wanding to regen.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Do you also miss 5 minute blessings?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I miss the activity as well, but the class is overall much stronger now than it was, and it's not as completely crippling to miss a second or two in your rotation like it used to be.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I do NOT miss losing my seal buff with every judgement cast...but I DO miss being responsible for refreshing debuffs from other paladins on the boss. These days mana doesn't seem to be an issue for anyone really, and I also miss that because it was an avenue for ret paladins to bring raid utility. At a minimum, we should be able to debuff the boss that allows other players to be healed based on the damage they do to the target...that would be a great utility for ret in PvE.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

Psh...mana regen was easy as prot:

NO PANTS!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
we should be able to debuff the boss that allows other players to be healed based on the damage they do to the target

It's called Glyph of the Battle Healer.

.that would be a great utility for ret in PvE.

We have more than enough utility.
Edited by Maebyfunke on 9/5/2013 10:33 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yea, 30 sec seals that were used up by judgements might have been fun for PVE back then but in PVP it blew.

Actually, it wasn't fun in PVE OR PVP. Who would ever want the seal system to be back the way it was back then? I don't understand why..
Edited by Angelista on 9/5/2013 4:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
you can just use random spells if u want to pretend to go oom
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I just miss Judgment having debuffs.

JUDGMENT OF THE CRUSADER, HOOOO.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You're crazy

30 second seals was the most boring thing we had, all we did was auto attack, judge and put our seal back on.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
I HATED 30 sec seals....or when you attacked/judged you had to re cast the seal.....that was just awful....horrible....spent all your mana on casting seals....I'm glad it's dead...no fun at all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]