10 man raid setup

90 Tauren Warrior
Ok, first off i just created this guild for several purposes. As Glead of a new guild i want to be a useful asset. So i already have a resto druid for our 10 mans. What healer should i be? i would like to go Disc,resto druid, and Me. I personally dont like playing disc or holy pally. So i am left with shaman mistweaver,holy priest. if you guys dont think this is a good setup for heroic modes let me know and i'll dps or tank no biggie i just want to fill positions. I love healing on my shaman but i have gotten mixed reviews and idk that he would synergize well with disc,druid.
thanks
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
I love healing on my shaman but i have gotten mixed reviews and idk that he would synergize well with disc,druid.

Would be fine. I two heal with a priest or a pally. Some fights like DA are annoying but overall it is fine. Disc druid is fine as well.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For most 10 man content, you will be fine 2 healing with Disc/Druid, so for you, I would recommend choosing a healer with a DPS off-spec you enjoy, as you may only be healing for a few fights. I haven't tried Shadow Priesting, but I do enjoy both shaman DPS specs.

Shaman synergize wonderfully with Disc/Druid, as they often have "saves" that can cover mistakes made by, well, anyone that a Disc or Druid may not be able to recover from, excellent utility spells, and bring buffs not covered by priests and druids. In our guild, our two main healers are me and a Disc priest, and we have an ele shaman who can go resto when needed.

If you love your shaman, I would definitely go for it, but you may want to look into gearing up an OS for him.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Shaman or H-pally for the gear overlap.

Or consider which you like best for DPS as Disc/Druid is a good 2 healer combo. There are usually fights that are easier to do with 2 healers in each tier. Thinking Sha in ToES as getting adds down was more important than healing through them, and crackle guaranteed the mana regen mechanic to alternate between two healers not leaving a third healer oom and dead weight. For us primordious was a bit easier when our shaman went elemental, killed the blobs much faster, keeping everyone mutated and increasing our damage while slowing down his mutations.

A shammy will mix well with a Disc/Druid for three healing. Mana Totem is always welcome, Fire and Forget CD to offset the channeled tranq of the druid, A strong single point heal to help spike damage that gets through shields and hots.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
We run disc druid and we see some very good results.

We lack direct heals that come from a pally or sham, but we do fine without.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
from a strict healing synergy perspective, for 3 heal fights I'd say either a hpally or shammy would complement disc/druid. I'd personally lean a bit more toward hpally in 10mans, but either one is a valid choice, and seeing as you say you don't like hpally, a shaman seems like the clear winner imo.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Shaman, because you don't want to play a pally.

Monk and holy priest are similar heal types to a resto druid. Gear would also be a little less convenient with either of those.

So Shaman would synergize better for heals and gear. Plus you could OS Enhance on 2 heal fights and still get large healing numbers by laying down HR on CD.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Item drop efficiency can be an important factor in 10m. Of the three healer specs you listed for yourself, shaman's probably the best choice (assuming you don't already have an elemental shaman in the raid) for that reason. If there's already an elemental shaman, consider tier drops (or biting the bullet and playing hpal).

I'd disagree with the above poster suggesting you use an enh OS - caster offspecs tend to be better for the raid, especially in 10m. While druids and shamans also have melee dps offspecs, those specs use agility gear and won't be able to share gear between specs. Even if you're privy to all agi mail gear if there's no hunter in your raid, and the resto druid could have access to all agi leather if there's no brm/ww/feral/guardian, you still create an increased number of agi amulets, rings, and trinkets (a healing trinket with static int is still somewhat suitable for a swing healer in a caster offspec) that need to drop for your raid. In addition, using VP to upgrade items will go further when your gear sets share pieces.
Edited by Frozenorange on 8/28/2013 1:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'd disagree with the above poster suggesting you use an enh OS - caster offspecs tend to be better for the raid, especially in 10m. While druids and shamans also have melee dps offspecs, those specs use agility gear and won't be able to share gear between specs. Even if you're privy to all agi mail gear if there's no hunter in your raid, and the resto druid could have access to all agi leather if there's no brm/ww/feral/guardian, you still create an increased number of agi amulets, rings, and trinkets (a healing trinket with static int is still somewhat suitable for a swing healer in a caster offspec) that need to drop for your raid. In addition, using VP to upgrade items will go further when your gear sets share pieces.

There are obviously a multitude of variables that would determine the best way to go for an OS. My comment was made in jest just to reference the high amount of off heals Enhance shamans are able to provide.

Obviously the gear from ele & resto would be more compatible and easier. Which is why I'm sure most people do it that way. However that doesn't mean its the best composition. It also really depends on what extent that 3rd healer is needed. Maybe you would have an Enhance Shaman with a decent resto OS because there was no ele shaman in group.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
... Even if you're privy to all agi mail gear if there's no hunter in your raid, and the resto druid could have access to all agi leather if there's no brm/ww/feral/guardian...

Everyone hates rogues. ;)

Our guild raid team includes a guardian druid, a feral druid, and a rogue, so there are often grumblings heard over Mumble when agi leather drops.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
so i missed rogues. whatever.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]