Warrior nerf on beta

90 Gnome Warrior
I just made a new warrior with the 359 Ilvl gear on beta, Im actually doing less damage then my Ilevel 252 BLUE PVP gear and with a 246 heroic 2H axe before the patch ( have the new Ashkandi 259 on the new premade).

The only thing keeping me from dieing without having a chance to do anything is my self-heal procs, But that's gonna be nerfed soon ? My damage seems to have been halved and my self-healing will be too ?

The highest MS Crit I saw before the patch was 32k, now after multiple BG trying to get starts to align for dmg highest MS I saw was ... 17k ... but hey, X lock conflagrate crits you for 25k and X mage frostbolt crits you for 28k seems to be fine I guess ( followed by 16k ice lance and 9k crit ice lance without even being iced)

We needed a small nerf yes but not to that extent
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Hunter
Vis
I'm a pure DPS class and I wish I saw those kinds of numbers. You were doing too much damage, Period.
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Shaman
You were too far ahead. Number tweaking is easy. Also, there is a Beta forum :x
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
I'm a pure DPS class and I wish I saw those kinds of numbers. You were doing too much damage, Period.

QFMFT
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Death Knight
I'm actually more surprised their wasn't any frost mage damage nerfs in this patch. Apparently killing people in a deep freeze is skilled and balanced.

Apparently reducing Fingers of Frost to a 20% proc chance and altering the Deep Freeze glyph to make it not affect Frostbolt aren't nerfs.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I'm actually more surprised their wasn't any frost mage damage nerfs in this patch. Apparently killing people in a deep freeze is skilled and balanced.

Apparently reducing Fingers of Frost to a 20% proc chance and altering the Deep Freeze glyph to make it not affect Frostbolt aren't nerfs.
They dont make frosbt bolt and icelance not crit for 15k+ on beta

Oh and my elem sham lava burst is critting for 25k+ Seem's like only caster can have burst in Cata but not warrior hunters and rogues
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Rogue
Cry more mr warrior. Warriors were overpowered on Beta. They are tweaking the numbers as necessary. Its not Balanced to have you do 30k crit then additionla weapon swing + another attack and gibbing people WotLK style. Seriously.

OBVIOUSLY Frost Mage, Demo Locks, Destro locks etc etc numbers will be tweaked. Its just a matter of time.

We want a balanced game in Cata so we can have fun instead of the gib fest that is WotlK, so take your NEEDED nerf and dont cry. K?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Cry more mr warrior. Warriors were overpowered on Beta. They are tweaking the numbers as necessary. Its not Balanced to have you do 30k crit then additionla weapon swing + another attack and gibbing people WotLK style. Seriously.

OBVIOUSLY Frost Mage, Demo Locks, Destro locks etc etc numbers will be tweaked. Its just a matter of time.

We want a balanced game in Cata so we can have fun instead of the gib fest that is WotlK, so take your NEEDED nerf and dont cry. K?
Il laugh at you when they let caster stay with theyre ridiculous burst
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
Is this thread anything but whining?

OP, critting for 32k was NOT fine. They want to slow down damage, and if MS hits for a third of a health bar when you already have PLENTY of other damage abilities, it means you're doing too much.

If you want to discuss this, the beta forums would be the appropriate place, especially considering we have no way of telling if you're saying the truth about being in beta or just posting that piece of crap post here in hopes of starting a flame war, which is what your subsequent posts suggest you're doing.
Edited by Stoutfist on 11/5/2010 3:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Is this thread anything but whining?

OP, critting for 32k was NOT fine. They want to slow down damage, and if MS hits for a third of a health bar when you already have PLENTY of other damage abilities, it means you're doing too much.

If you want to discuss this, the beta forums would be the appropriate place, especially considering we have no way of telling if you're saying the truth about being in beta or just posting that piece of crap post here in hopes of starting a flame war, which is what your subsequent posts suggest you're doing.
First if you read my post I said I knew we needed a nerf, Second, Now all the caster main nuke Still crits for 30+k except all physical but dk got nerf and third, No one post on the beta forums, theres like 5 people there
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
The correct solution was to nerf CS not every other strike in our arsenal. Now we'll still manage 20k crits with CS, and without it it'll top out at like 14k.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman

They dont make frosbt bolt and icelance not crit for 15k+ on beta

Oh and my elem sham lava burst is critting for 25k+ Seem's like only caster can have burst in Cata but not warrior hunters and rogues

My Lava Lash crits for 35-40k....
In raids. :(
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Paladin
First if you read my post I said I knew we needed a nerf, Second, Now all the caster main nuke Still crits for 30+k except all physical but dk got nerf and third, No one post on the beta forums, theres like 5 people there

So, you agree with that nerf, but you're whining because other people aren't getting nerfed fast enough? And your proof that you're not just someone who is NOT in beta and trolling is "Beta forums are empty", which is a complete lie?

Stop posting.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior

So, you agree with that nerf, but you're whining because other people aren't getting nerfed fast enough? And your proof that you're not just someone who is NOT in beta and trolling is "Beta forums are empty", which is a complete lie?
Stop posting.

Im guessing that the post made here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27495545721&sid=2000&pageNo=3 (post #50), is the OP, given that his post in that topic and the post at the start of this thread are nearly identical in their complaints. If it is different people and this is just someone taking up the beta guy's complaints and making them his own, it's at least based on something from someone in the beta.

But really, compared to the DDF, beta forums are dead. They move at a snails pace relative to here. If he wanted to get more discussion, posting here is definitely the superior option.

Also my interpretation was that he agreed we needed a nerf, but the nerf we got was more than needed.
Edited by Secondwind on 11/5/2010 4:03 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior

Stop posting.

Im guessing that the post made here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=27495545721&sid=2000&pageNo=3 (post #50), is the OP, given that his post in that topic and the post at the start of this thread are nearly identical in their complaints. If it is different people and this is just someone taking up the beta guy's complaints and making them his own, it's at least based on something from someone in the beta.

But really, compared to the DDF, beta forums are dead. They move at a snails pace relative to here. If he wanted to get more discussion, posting here is definitely the superior option.

Also my interpretation was that he agreed we needed a nerf, but the nerf we got was more than needed.
It is me, I switched alliance to, after lvling in beta but you can check this gnome it has the Marshal aka General acheiv like Manager, Beta is a blast but not on my warrior lol, my Elem Sham and Boomkin is just another world
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
I just made a new warrior with the 359 Ilvl gear on beta, Im actually doing less damage then my Ilevel 252 BLUE PVP gear and with a 246 heroic 2H axe before the patch ( have the new Ashkandi 259 on the new premade).

The only thing keeping me from dieing without having a chance to do anything is my self-heal procs, But that's gonna be nerfed soon ? My damage seems to have been halved and my self-healing will be too ?

The highest MS Crit I saw before the patch was 32k, now after multiple BG trying to get starts to align for dmg highest MS I saw was ... 17k ... but hey, X lock conflagrate crits you for 25k and X mage frostbolt crits you for 28k seems to be fine I guess ( followed by 16k ice lance and 9k crit ice lance without even being iced)

We needed a small nerf yes but not to that extent

I think the important thing to remember and hope for, is that everyone's damage should be lowered, not just Warriors.

Paladin burst with HoW+Avenging Wrath is pretty ridiculous right now, and I hope it gets nerfed; however, I also hope that the impact on our PVE dps isn't such that we are not longer competitive.

As others have said, I think doing 1/3 or more of an opponent's health bar in damage in one attack is too much, whether you're Melee or Ranged.

At the same time though, I don't really want to have combat last 15 minutes (the mount of time to get healers to run out of mana). So there should be a balance factor there too.

Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
Honestly, everyone does too much dps. And I mean right now in Wrath. Imho we are doing too much damage for level 85 pvp, at level 80. And i'm not sure it's possible to balance it, mainly because I believe cooldowns are far too strong. Yes damage needs to be lowered, but cooldowns compound the problem.

For example, how do you balance ret pallies? If paladins can put out even a small amount of pressure without cooldowns, then with wings and zealotry they're going to kill someone. If their dps is balanced around wings and zealotry then they're going to be a wet sock whenever those aren't up.

I honestly think fury warrior will end up viable in arena later in cataclysm, if anyone still does arena. Fury mastery sucks for pve. So if we do viable pve dps, it will be without mastery. For pvp, we could stack mastery though, since it's all about burst. Just imagine, recklessness + a 60% deathwish from mastery stacking. Save up some rage, use a CS, and then a BT + HS at the same time. I'm pretty sure the BT and HS crits will kill anything, no matter how much resilience they have.

This needs to be fixed before it gets worse. Unless stamina scaling is unbelievable for dps, then burst is only gonna get worse. Nerf all damage for pvp.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]