It's never too late to volunteer! I'm always adding people to the list. Also, despite the name, these mentors are also available to returning players who need help, too! ^^
Disclaimer: This is NOT a place to populate your friend list in-game. These are mentors here to help. These players are also NOT chosen by Blizzard or part of the MVP program (though a few of them are MVPs, like me!). They are simply other posters who are willing to be helpful!
Originally started by Hektikk of the Trollbane server, on the old forums. Now created here and maintained by me.
Help on the forums is good, but sometimes as a new player, you need help in-game with your various questions. And that's where this thread comes in! It's a list of volunteers--players just like you or me--who are willing to become mentors to new players. They'll get you started if you're brand-new, and answer questions as you are learning your way through the game. You may even make new friends!
Before you choose a potential mentor, read on for some helpful hints about how to make your experience a successful one!
- IMPORTANT: Please DO NOT post in this thread asking people to come to your server to help, or to ask a question about the game. The point of this thread is to provide you with a resource so that YOU can seek out the help you need in-game, not for people to search for you. For questions, just make a new thread and ask the regulars here on the forums.
- To use this thread, check if someone from your faction/server is on the list already, or decide where you'd like to play on based on available volunteers. Next, add the volunteer to your friends list. Then, you can see when they get online and whisper them! You can also mail them via the mailbox, or check the Google lists (links in post #2) for any of that player's alts. If a mentor has a BattleTag listed, you can use that to talk to them no matter what server/faction you're on. However, they will have to accept your friend request first.
- Keep in mind that players on Oceanic servers can ONLY see players from other Oceanic servers in the game world. If you wish to be on an Oceanic server, it is highly recommended you seek help from mentors also on Oceanic servers.
- NOTE: Due to restrictions, Starter Accounts cannot mail anyone, whisper other players, or use BattleTag/RealID messaging. If another player whispers you first, or you both add one another to your friend list, you may whisper them.
- Be sure to identify yourself when you contact someone. Mention this thread. Some players might ignore you otherwise. Also keep in mind that a player might be busy, so they might miss your whisper the first time around. Don't spam or harass them.
- Don't beg or act entitled to bags, gold, dungeon runs, guild invites, etc. No one on this list is obligated to give you items or do you favors.
- If someone is rude or very unhelpful, please ignore them, then consider messaging me in-game or on Twitter (@LadyLatias) to let me know (please don't call them out on the forums). Conversely, if you had a great experience with someone, let me know that too!
- If any of the characters on this list seem to not exist/be active anymore, please make a post here saying so and I will remove them.
- - Be patient and treat the newbies well. No one wants to roll on your server, have you talk to them for a few days, and then have you get bored with them and ignore them. If you don't have patience for teaching, don't volunteer.
- You are welcome to submit your BattleTag, but only do so if you're willing to have strangers talk to you at any time. Also note that people who friend request you can NO LONGER include a note to identify themselves. Please remove and/or report BT friends if they are being rude or harassing you.
- If you want to be a volunteer, please post a maximum of five characters per faction per server. Alts are no longer listed here, but they will be added to the Google lists.
- Please do not submit characters that are under level 10, bank alts, or otherwise not played frequently.
- If you tire of the responsibility of being helpful to new players, or are going to quit the game, please post to have your name removed from the list. If you plan on doing a change to a character on this list (server transfers, name/faction change, etc.), please post to let me know.
If you want to be a volunteer, just post here with your character(s), faction, and server, and I'll add your name to the list. I will also list Battletags if you wish (not required).
Welcome to WoW! Happy questing!